1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 19:32
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It's the same with cricket in England.
    The world has changed.The young 'uns want instant everything so anything that takes more than a few minutes doesn't interest them, except soccer of course which is a cult thing.
    20/20 cricket is popular with the younger generation but it's a different game with the same equipment and brings the money in.
    Do more young people go to the home run derby thing in the U.S?
    That's the same sort of thing I believe.Crash bang no tactics.to think about Just what the young un's like!!
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 15:102 edits
    Originally posted by @venda
    The world has changed.The young 'uns want instant everything so anything that takes more than a few minutes doesn't interest them, except soccer of course which is a cult thing.
    20/20 cricket is popular with the younger generation but it's a different game with the same equipment and brings the money in.
    Do more young ...[text shortened]... ame sort of thing I believe.Crash bang no tactics.to think about Just what the young un's like!!
    Wait.....wut?

Cricket is an actual sport? 😲

I thought it was some sort of lawn treatment.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 18:09
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Wait.....wut?

Cricket is an actual sport? 😲

I thought it was some sort of lawn treatment.
    It is.
    You stand on the lawn and rub your legs together to make a noise.
    Get's a bit painful after a while.
    There's some in the U.K who think Baseball is just a glorified version of rounders which we all played at school
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 18:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    20 Jul '18 19:58
    Do more young ...[text shortened]... ame sort of thing I believe.Crash bang no tactics.to think about Just what the young un's like!!
    You can't blame me the young or any normal person in thinking cricket is boring.
    FIVE DAYS for a game is ridiculous
    A spectator would have to take a week off work to watch it.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 13:28
    Originally posted by @roma45
    You can't blame me the young or any normal person in thinking cricket is boring.
    FIVE DAYS for a game is ridiculous
    A spectator would have to take a week off work to watch it.
    Like most sports test match cricket(the 5 day game) can be a lot more interesting if you know what's happening.There's all sorts of tactics going on which the casual observer would not understand unless it's explained(and I don't mean ball tampering!!).
    Take American football -I can't really follow it so I don't like it but thousands watch it so there must be something to it.
    The other thing is everything is instant these days so waiting 5 days and then perhaps no winner just doesn't gel with modern day life
  7. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 14:432 edits
    Like most sports test match cricket(the 5 day game) can be a lot more interesting if you know what's happening.There's all sorts of tactics going on which the casual observer would not understand unless it's explained(and I don't mean ball tampering!!).
    Take American football -I can't really follow it so I don't like it but thousands watch it so there must b ...[text shortened]... nt these days so waiting 5 days and then perhaps no winner just doesn't gel with modern day life
    Test match cricket must be the only game that takes 5 days you can enjoy it by listening to the commentary on the radio.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Good. Staring at a bunch of goofy men standing around spitting and getting paid 2 million a year is about as thrilling as watching the grass grow. I hope it dies faster! 😴

All you need to be a baseball fan is a baseball cap, a wide butt, and a bunch of meaningless statistics. 😵
    We have Spring Training for MLB in Arizona, and I went this last year to a game because someone asked me to go with them.

My first game ever, and it was as completely boring as I expected.

Televised baseball is even worse because if my local team makes the playoffs then it actually pre-empts regular season football games.

I say Good Riddance.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 22:51
    Originally posted by @whodey
    http://fortune.com/2018/06/15/mlb-attendance-rate-declining/

Baseball has the lowest attendance in over 15 years.

Why?

As the article speculates, it is probably a combination of factors. Never in the history of baseball have so many teams been on track to lose a 100 games. We have teams from day one no one takes seriously. You are then left with ...[text shortened]...

So there is it, the best sport ever created and it is dying. I reckon nothing lasts forever.
    You must not be a CUBS FAN!
    Go Cubs goooooo, Go Cubs goooooo, Hey Chicago what do you know....🙂
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 17:531 edit

11. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 16:121 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The first time I noticed Duchess had stopped playing chess at RHP and dedicated herself to accusing people here of being racists and sexists I didn't understand it. I still don't, but our world is full of little mysteries yet to be solved.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 18:56

13. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    05 Aug '18 16:19
    In the free world you are not forced to watch or listen to anything -sport specifically.
    If you dislike baseball,football, cricket, chess or whatever just avoid it.
    Obviously people like different sports. Criticising them serves no purpose
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '18 21:00

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '18 21:04

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree