1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 20:19
    Beckham is coming to North America! What do you think about that?

I think it will get more people involved in Football or Soccer in North America and one day we might have a decent team. Yes, they all suck now!

I used to watch a lot of football when I was little in Africa then we moved to Canada and hardly anyone plays it here. Lost interest in it but watching the last world cup, Wow!

Football will be big in N.America one day and bringing Beckham here is a great start.
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Beckham is coming to North America! What do you think about that?

I think it will get more people involved in Football or Soccer in North America and one day we might have a decent team. Yes, they all suck now!

I used to watch a lot of football when I was little in Africa then we moved to Canada and hardly anyone plays it here. Lost interest in it but w ...[text shortened]... , Wow!

Football will be big in N.America one day and bringing Beckham here is a great start.
    Woooooow. So exciting for N. American sucker.

I mean 'soccer'.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 21:49
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Woooooow. So exciting for N. American sucker.

I mean 'soccer'.
    Football.
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 05:00
    i dont think it will impact at all, sorry....its just even when the usa went to the final four (i may be wrong) it was like yawnn...i switched to an infomercial about ribs....mmmm
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 06:27
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    i dont think it will impact at all, sorry....its just even when the usa went to the final four (i may be wrong) it was like yawnn...i switched to an infomercial about ribs....mmmm
    You don't think more kids will get involved eventually?

I can foresee them mass advertising him around North America and then new football clubs and programs starting and more and more kids joining.

Heck by like 2200 maybe a N.A team might win the world cup. Who will be alive then though? hehe.
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 08:28
    Beckham is one of the biggest names in world football at the moment, so you'd think that would have an impact wouldn't you?

Has anyone ever heard of George Best, Pele, and Franz Beckenbauer? I'm sure they were big names a few years ago...!!!

Football will never be big in America until they make them wear helmets, change 2x 'halves' to 36x 'innings', and decide all matches on penalties...
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 16:59
    Originally posted by blade68
    Beckham is one of the biggest names in world football at the moment, so you'd think that would have an impact wouldn't you?

Has anyone ever heard of George Best, Pele, and Franz Beckenbauer? I'm sure they were big names a few years ago...!!!

Football will never be big in America until they make them wear helmets, change 2x 'halves' to 36x 'innings', and decide all matches on penalties...
    I heard of Pele. I grew up watching Mardona (spelling?) and some other greats. Then I came here and football is dead here.

2200, we are winning the world cup. Yes, Canada will win the cup!
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 20:21
    I heard of Pele. I grew up watching Mardona (spelling?) and some other greats. Then I came here and football is dead here.

2200, we are winning the world cup. Yes, Canada will win the cup!
    Go back to bed.
  9. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 20:23
    Go back to bed.
    I'm to excited!

He is coming to N.America!!

Slowly, we are stealing the players away...

Canada wins the World Cup 2200!!!
  10. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 20:27
    I'm to excited!

He is coming to N.America!!

Slowly, we are stealing the players away...

Since when was Los Angeles in Canada?
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 20:47
    Since when was Los Angeles in Canada?
    That's why I keep writing N.America!

He won't be alive in 2200, but he will start something here when he comes. Grow it into a bigger sport.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 20:53
    i think he's made a pretty big mistake, he had at least a year of top class european football left in him
  13. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 23:57
    Originally posted by trevor33
    i think he's made a pretty big mistake, he had at least a year of top class european football left in him
    Is he still really good?

I only seen him play once and he didn't do anything great.

Heard great things about him but never seen any of them.
  14. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 05:041 edit

190 years after the US gets their first of many and 190 years before England wins # 2.
  15. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 05:27
    Originally posted by Red Night
    190 years after the US gets their first of many and 190 years before England wins # 2.
    US winning the World Cup?

Surely you are dreaming Sir!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree