1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 22:09
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    Beckham's persona will lift the image of his new side and inspire youngsters in the West Coast to become football stars. He is employed as a promotions officer, mentor and player coach package. He'll do fine there. He said openly on tv that he left Europe before his playing days were finished so he could give some of his form to his new team.. that and s ...[text shortened]... with him send him down to NZ we need another pom to tell us how to kick it we yer 'ead.. ;-)
    Right, he will be great here.
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 15:14
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Right, he will be great here.
    Don't count on it.

He'll be good, but probqably not great.

The MLS is a faster more aggressive league than Becks is used to.

He may be good enough to play for England, but probably not for the MLS all-star team.

Expect him to be a media magnet, miss a lot of time to fatigue and injury, and to be a serviceable mid-fielder.'
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 21:20
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Don't count on it.

He may be good enough to play for England, but probably not for the MLS all-star team.

Expect him to be a media magnet, miss a lot of time to fatigue and injury, and to be a serviceable mid-fielder.'
    MLS?

Faster and more aggressive? You mean more grabbing and kicking of the shins?
  4. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 23:03
    lol
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 23:04
    Originally posted by cadwah
    lol
    😀
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 23:11
    That sounds like our CFL saying that out field is bigger, we hit harder and our balls are bigger to the NFL.

Which is all true by the way.
  7. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 12:09
    Don't count on it.

I read this hours ago.....I still haven't stopped laughing at it! There is just no stopping the torrent of crap that is the dialogue coming from red night, great stuff!!
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 17:12
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    I read this hours ago.....I still haven't stopped laughing at it! There is just no stopping the torrent of crap that is the dialogue coming from red night, great stuff!!
    😀

Actually, all kidding aside, it will be interesting to see how Beckham does in the MLS.
  9. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 19:01
    Provided he get's over his ankle injury in time and Mclaren does'nt come knocking when it's time to play Russia away!!! lol
  10. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 11:04
    Let's face it... Beckham won't be bothered what the standard of football is like... he's only there to swell his coffers.
  11. Joined
    08 Jan '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 13:10
    Originally posted by blade68
    Let's face it... Beckham won't be bothered what the standard of football is like... he's only there to swell his coffers.
    I think that's a bit unfair. From what I've heard the MLS isn't a bad league, just a little young, and I think he genuinely wants to raise its profile.
    He's always liked the US, and on current form could play almost anywhere (especially if there is a buy out clause) and then go to the US, but has chosen not to.

although I admit the money probably did a lot of the talking!
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 15:38
    Originally posted by london nick
    I think that's a bit unfair. From what I've heard the MLS isn't a bad league, just a little young, and I think he genuinely wants to raise its profile.
    He's always liked the US, and on current form could play almost anywhere (especially if there is a buy out clause) and then go to the US, but has chosen not to.

although I admit the money probably did a lot of the talking!
    The MLS is a pretty good league and getting better.

We have quietly signed a number of young South Americans in the last few months.

But Nick, let me warn you....be careful...this lot doesn't put up with much logic or reason when it comes to Americans.
  13. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:36
    Bump...For you Seitse or whatever your name is.
  14. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    30 Jun '07 00:42
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I can foresee them mass advertising him around North America
    Brother, if there's one thing I know about David Beckham it's that he won't need marketing!! If it's anything like it was here you'll be sick of the sight of him inside 6 months.. 😛
  15. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    30 Jun '07 06:20
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Brother, if there's one thing I know about David Beckham it's that he won't need marketing!! If it's anything like it was here you'll be sick of the sight of him inside 6 months.. 😛
    You should see how they are going nuts over the fifa under 20 tournament...they repainted the train station already and other stuff...NUTS!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is hosting it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree