1. Santiago
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 13:37
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    .. and how many have your team won? Let me guess, it's less than 18 isn't it? Yeah, thought so.
    Thet ais why Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea should clear off to a big European super league where you can compate trophy wins to your hearts content.

The rest of the football supporting community in England doesn´t need to support teams that win things to make them feel secure better themselves. Unless you are from the area the club is from you are still just a 12 year old that hasn´t grown up yet.

Listen to yourself. Palace may be a small club, but we manage to beat you bunch of losers on a regular basis. I remember that Palace in the FA Semi in 1990, along with Arsenal in 1989, just about finished off Liverpool´s dominance and heralded in the great age of Man Utd. You may have beaten us a whopping 9-0 but our supporters still outsung the famous kop that night and we came back later that year and done you 4-3 in the semi. BTW. We are a small club, but you wouldn´t know what supporting a club that doesn´t win things is like. It doesn´t compute in your immature brain. Well look around angry boy there are another 86 clubs in the English leagues that don´t win anything either. Do you know why? Because the theiving big four teams divide most of the money up among themselves.

Come on Everton, and now come on Inter.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 17:45
    Originally posted by Hopster
    Thet ais why Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea should clear off to a big European super league where you can compate trophy wins to your hearts content.

The rest of the football supporting community in England doesn´t need to support teams that win things to make them feel secure better themselves. Unless you are from the area the club is from yo ...[text shortened]... r teams divide most of the money up among themselves.

Come on Everton, and now come on Inter.
    😴😴😴😴😴

D
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 17:58
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Yeah and the top four always do so well in the champions league dont they?? Thats why teams from the prem have won it so many times....hmmm. Please remind me apart from us in 05 and the scum in 99 i really cant remember chelsea or aresanal lifting the european cup much in the past few years?
    you mis-read..i said "...and that is why the so called top 4 in the prem league always do so well in the Champions League..year in..year out and thats a FACT.."

never said they win all the time. The top 4 from the prem league make the last 8 often compared to teams from other countries.
  4. Berks.
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 20:08
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Yeah because everybody remembers the beaten semi finalsts or the runners up. If the champions league is so easy to win, why has old red nose only won one of them? Why has he put his retirment on hold untill he wins another if it doesnt mean as much to him as the league, is he not the best english club manager of modern times? The only reason the scum ...[text shortened]... he champions league. We proved it in 05, Porto and Dortmund have proved it in the past even Ajax
    Not everyone remembers the winners either. Doing well in a compeition such as this is reaching the later stages.

As for whether it is easy to win, that certainly isn't true. Like all cup competitions it does make it a little more competitive because one poor (or good) performance can make a dramatic difference to the outcome. The stronger sides should prevail more frequently in league competition where single results are far less significant and make them a much better indication of ability.

And Liverpool have had a huge spending budget over the past few seasons. Maybe not on the scale of Chelsea or Man Utd, but it is still huge compared to most professional sides.
  5. Santiago
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 20:35
    A really great day in the FA Cup. Of course the BBC will lose interest now it will be interesting to see how many times the big four are mentioned in the remaining commentry for this years competition.

For real fans the magic is back. Looking on the BBC site, a disgruntled Manc has already stated that he has no interest in watching the final this year, because there isn´t a big four team in it.

Today was a victory for football.
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 23:49
    Originally posted by Hopster
    A really great day in the FA Cup. Of course the BBC will lose interest now it will be interesting to see how many times the big four are mentioned in the remaining commentry for this years competition.

For real fans the magic is back. Looking on the BBC site, a disgruntled Manc has already stated that he has no interest in watching the final this year, because there isn´t a big four team in it.

Today was a victory for football.
    ....also victory for TRUE FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS.
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 21:54
    Originally posted by spurs73
    ....also victory for TRUE FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS.
    The final will be better because there's no big 4 team in it.

Heard a comment today suggesting Barnsley are now the 3rd best team in the country considering they've beaten Liverpool and Chelsea
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 21:57
    Originally posted by jacko13
    The final will be better because there's no big 4 team in it.

Heard a comment today suggesting Barnsley are now the 3rd best team in the country considering they've beaten Liverpool and Chelsea
    well how many teams in the prem league can say that?😉
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '08 20:21
    well how many teams in the prem league can say that?😉
    Thats why its funny!!!!
  10. LA
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 06:09
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Yeah, beating Juventus, Chelsea (twice), AC Milan and Barcelona over 2 legs on the way to 2 finals in 3 seasons is really de-valuing the Champions League.

Talking about devaluing competitions - are you happy with your Worthless Cup win considering that ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal all sent out weakened sides during the competition?

PS - That guy Torre ...[text shortened]... ho was going to get 3 goals before getting loaned out in January, is doing alright isn't he? 😉
    I hate to say it but Liverpool look very very dangerous in Europe.

I think Liverpool would have the best chance of beating the only decent team left thats not English, Barcelona.

I think Liverpool would beat Chelsea again if they get drawn against them.

They would probably just about beat Arsenal as they seem to be on the slide.

Of course if Liverpool draw Manchester United, United would walk all over Liverpool both home and away, even though we are going through a small loss of form.

I hope that's the CL final, what a game that would be.
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 08:011 edit
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I hate to say it but Liverpool look very very dangerous in Europe.

Of course if Liverpool draw Manchester United, United would walk all over Liverpool both home and away, even though we are going through a small loss of form.

I hope that's the CL final, what a game that would be.
    Liverpool .v. Man U would be so BORING for the rest of Europe..so lets hope this does not happen 😉
  12. LA
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 08:161 edit
    Liverpool .v. Man U would be so BORING for the rest of Europe..so lets hope this does not happen 😉
    Ok, I realise that it would be an easy win for United but imagine the build up to the game, it would be a real special event like we have never seen before.

Much more anticipated that this years "magic of the FA Cup" final against Barnsley and erm... Cardiff. Can't wait.
  13. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 10:07
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Much more anticipated that this years "magic of the FA Cup" final against Barnsley and erm... Cardiff. Can't wait.
    Face it, there's no way it will be any more dull than last years final.
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 10:18
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Face it, there's no way it will be any more dull than last years final.
    Who was in it?
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 11:54
    Mancini is apparently leaving at the end of the season [rumour]and Inter is looking at Benitez as a serious possibility[/rumour]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree