1. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:35
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Tell me about New Orleans and Charlotte in the NBA
    Tell me about Seattle in the NBA

How many baseball teams are failing or have failed?
    None that I am aware of.

The NFL has teams pulling the plug when they don't get preferential
    stadium deals (see the Houston Oilers to Tennessee....see the Oakland
    Raiders to LA....see the Dallas Cowboys from ...[text shortened]... realize that San Antonio is the 10th largest city in the US based on population right??
    LMAO!!!
    You keep laughing, in fact laugh louder. It just makes you look all the more idiotic when you don't know that The Spurs are a small market team, populataion doesn't have everything to do with a teams market size, genius. Everybody knows the Spurs are small market, except you it seems.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:411 edit
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    You keep laughing, in fact laugh louder. It just makes you look all the more idiotic when you don't know that The Spurs are a small market team, populataion doesn't have everything to do with a teams market size, genius. Everybody knows the Spurs are small market, except you it seems.
    Population doesn't have anything to do with it?
    What a rube you are. How do you put butts in the stands when there are
    no butts?

The 10th largest city in the US is small market.

I guess Houston is small market too. They haven't had the success of large market teams like Baltimore and Green Bay and Tampa Bay in football.

Explain that one Einstein!!

EDIT: I better change the examples or you will think I am proving your point.
    In baseball, Houston has never won the World Series.
    Pittsburgh has. Miami has, twice. Milwaukee has. Kansas City has. Oakland has. Toronto has, twice. the list goes on.
  3. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:461 edit
    Population doesn't have anything to do with it?
    What a rube you are. How do you put butts in the stands when there are
    no butts?

The 10th largest city in the US is small market.

I guess Houston is small market too. They haven't had the success of large market teams like Baltimore and Green Bay and Tampa Bay in football.

Explain that one Einstein!!
    Wow, you are a complete dolt.I don't know why I even wasted my time.

For one, The Packers aren't a large market team.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:47
    They shouldn't have let you out of the padded cell.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:50

For one, The Packers aren't a large market team.
    DUH, I am aware who is small medium and large market.
    NONE of those teams were large market except Houston.
    You can't see the forest for the trees.
  6. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:543 edits
    DUH, I am aware who is small medium and large market.
    NONE of those teams were large market except Houston.
    You can't see the forest for the trees.
    You aren't aware, you just looked it up and said that to cover your arse. Stop pretending to be a mental giant, the shoes don't fit.

I'll break it down. The media markets are seperate from cities and thus the population of a city doesn't have everything to do with a market size. Can you comprehend that? Ok, the media market is determined by the MEDIA presence in a city and not by the population of that city. San Antonio is not a large MEDIA market.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 23:01
    Yeah right!! I venture to say I have forgotten more about sports than you will ever know.

YOU were the one who claimed San Antonio was small market!!
  8. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 23:021 edit
    Yeah right!! I venture to say I have forgotten more about sports than you will ever know.

YOU were the one who claimed San Antonio was small market!!
    LOL!! The San Antonio Spurs ARE small market. San Antonio IS small market.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 23:57
    LOL!! The San Antonio Spurs ARE small market. San Antonio IS small market.
    LOL the 10th largest city in the US is small market?

Next you will tell me Brooklyn is SMALL market because it doesn't cover
    all of New York City.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 06:48
    EDIT: BTW, you are calling San Antonio a small market? You do realize that San Antonio is the 10th largest city in the US based on population right??
    LMAO!!![/b]
    Actually San Antonio is a small market. Despite our ranking in size you will find here an inordinate number of people on public assistance. Some reports have it at 45%. Our high school graduation rate barely is at 50%. For tv revenue we are a very small market.
  11. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 13:42
    The average attendance of regular season games in MLB was over 30,000 (30,451 to be precise) for a total attendance of 74M. It is just a joke to think baseball isn't popular.
  12. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 00:40
    Originally posted by quackquack
    The average attendance of regular season games in MLB was over 30,000 (30,451 to be precise) for a total attendance of 74M. It is just a joke to think baseball isn't popular.
    Football probably averages double that. Baseball is the only American sport that gets a significant chunk of time without competition from the other big American sports... they should average way more than that. A closer statistic would be the ratio of total actual attendance to total possible attendance. Im not intrigued enough to look that one up but I would bet baseball ranks lower than football or basketball.
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 18:15
    Football probably averages double that. Baseball is the only American sport that gets a significant chunk of time without competition from the other big American sports... they should average way more than that. A closer statistic would be the ratio of total actual attendance to total possible attendance. Im not intrigued enough to look that one up but I would bet baseball ranks lower than football or basketball.
    Baseball has a regular season attendance of 75,000,000 people. That is a staggering number. Since the NFL has fewer games it would need over 290,000 people to attend each regular season game to reach that total. Baseball is still in total numbers the most attended sport in this country by far. While different sport are popular in different ways, to say baseball is not relevant is simply a lie.
  14. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 03:52
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Baseball has a regular season attendance of 75,000,000 people. That is a staggering number. Since the NFL has fewer games it would need over 290,000 people to attend each regular season game to reach that total. Baseball is still in total numbers the most attended sport in this country by far. While different sport are popular in different ways, to say baseball is not relevant is simply a lie.
    Nice strawman. Baseball is not irrelevant but it is steadily becoming less popular all the time.
  15. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 22:42
    Nice strawman. Baseball is not irrelevant but it is steadily becoming less popular all the time.
    You can say the same thing over and over but baseball's future is real bright. CTE and concussions are damaging to the long term future of contact sports and 75M people going to the ball park shows real relevance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree