1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 02:07
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Obviously, just by talking to you, your jinx has rubbed off one me now!

Be gone thee satan!!
    Bow down and worship me, that is all I ask.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 04:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    All of the small market teams are out the first round.

Hilarious!

So is everyone going to waste their time watching Boston, the biggest money team next to the Yankees, take it all?
    Well, how many wasted their time?
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 04:05
    While I didn't watch it because Fox doesn't come in on my TV. But I did go to MLB.com to see that they won their third title in 10 years. Which is pretty awesome because they had not won in 86 years from the one that they did in 2004.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 04:35
    Actually, the Series was considerably more entertaining that you have been.
  5. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 13:07
    I just wish the Cardinals could have made better adjustments to the strike zone (let's face it, it was loose). If they had played even half as good as they played all year, this series would have been a lot more fun to watch. Congratulations to Boston, they hit when they needed too and pitched well.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 14:18
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    While I didn't watch it because Fox doesn't come in on my TV. But I did go to MLB.com to see that they won their third title in 10 years. Which is pretty awesome because they had not won in 86 years from the one that they did in 2004.
    Funny how money makes "curses" go away. 😵
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 14:191 edit
    I just predict the future and watch the lemmings tell me why I'm wrong, and the rub their faces in it later.

Things are far more predictable in this world than you would like to admit.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 20:10
    I just predict the future and watch the lemmings tell me why I'm wrong, and the rub their faces in it later.

uh huh... I have been privy to many of your "less accurate" predictions.
    If you take several shots with a shotgun, occasionally you will hit something,
    if only by accident.
  9. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 11:21

This from the guy who said the Reds would win it all, then the Cardinals would win it all and then the Bosox would win it all, the same person who didn't even know there were two wild card teams in each league.....your "knowledge" of baseball would be lucky to fill a thimble!!!

"He has tasted every animal fecal matter in the forest, and can identify them blindfolded....He thinks boogers are the top of the food pyramid....His IQ can be measured with a pair of dice.....He is, "The Dumbest Person on the Internet"
    Stay stupid my friend
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 02:08
    Funny how money makes "curses" go away. 😵
    I doubt it, the Redskins are the most expensive football team and look how crappy they do and once they had the best players put together and I think they went eight and eight or worse one year and didn't even make the playoffs, like this year.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 03:552 edits
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    This from the guy who said the Reds would win it all, then the Cardinals would win it all and then the Bosox would win it all, the same person who didn't even know there were two wild card teams in each league.....your "knowledge" of baseball would be lucky to fill a thimble!!!

"He has tasted every animal fecal matter in the forest, and can identify th ...[text shortened]... sured with a pair of dice.....He is, "The Dumbest Person on the Internet"
    Stay stupid my friend
    My, my, such anger, where does it come from?

All I can say is, I'm not the only one here that sees things my way. In fact, I suggest you go out and rent a movie called "Moneyball" that pretty much spells it out for you. Who knows, you might actually learn something.

Have a nice day.
  12. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 11:20
    My, my, such anger, where does it come from?

All I can say is, I'm not the only one here that sees things my way. In fact, I suggest you go out and rent a movie called "Moneyball" that pretty much spells it out for you. Who knows, you might actually learn something.

Have a nice day.
    Ahh, I see now, you've learned all you know about baseball from a movie, not by actually watching the game, at all levels, for over 50 years like me. Now it makes perfect sense.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Nov '13 13:09
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    Ahh, I see now, you've learned all you know about baseball from a movie, not by actually watching the game, at all levels, for over 50 years like me. Now it makes perfect sense.
    You dolt, the movie was based upon real life.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 00:42
    You dolt, the movie was based upon real life.
    Actually it is one perspective of evaluating baseball players and assigning
    appropriate value so they can determine best fits and assign monetary value
    to players. It is not, however, the Bible of talent evaluation and there are
    a fair amount of old school talent evaluators still out there.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 00:451 edit
    Actually it is one perspective of evaluating baseball players and assigning
    appropriate value so they can determine best fits and assign monetary value
    to players. It is not, however, the Bible of talent evaluation and there are
    a fair amount of old school talent evaluators still out there.
    The point is that a major league team has recognized how screwed up the system is and how they need to try and take extraordinary measures just to try and maintain some level of parody.

However, it will never be enough for the A's to make it to another World Series.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree