1. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 21:37
    Originally posted by Palynka
    [b]Undermining... Supporting a team is not always patting every coach and player of your club in the back. Sometimes, things are rotten and some public expressions of displeasure help.
    well said!
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 01:17
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Undermining... Supporting a team is not always patting every coach and player of your club in the back. Sometimes, things are rotten and some public expressions of displeasure help. [b]Of course, some balance between servility and mob rule is the optimum.

Then again, I'm not surprised you don't know what supporting your team means.[/b]
    If you, as a fan, have a problem with the manager, then you need to let the chairman know.

Booing the players from the start of a game doesn't help your team. Boycotting your home games doesn't help your team.

If you wish to stage a protest after cheering on your team as best you could during the match, then feel free, but by the sounds of things, that isn't what is happening in Sheffield atm. Boycotting a game against top 5 Premiership opposition in protest against your manager is one of the most absurd things I've heard.

I knew undermining the team you were supposed to be supporting was a trait displayed by some idiotic English "fans" (for example, the booing of Frank Lampard, from start to finish, and even while he was on the bench), but I didn't realise that it was also shared by idiotic Portuguese "fans".

D
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 07:49
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    How does it feel to undermine your team?

D
    I don't consider it 'undermining' at all.

Whilst I disagree with booing the players from the start (I've never done that)... we should remember that we will still be the long suffering loyal supporters, long after any of the management or playing staff have departed...

My gripes aren't with the players, they're with Robson.
    Is he really truly bothered about the fortunes of Sheffield United? I don't think so... he's turning in for work, and collecting his big fat paycheque.
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 08:03
    2nd In The Table 0-0 The Blades...

Typical!
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 11:27
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    If you, as a fan, have a problem with the manager, then you need to let the chairman know.

Booing the players from the start of a game doesn't help your team. Boycotting your home games doesn't help your team.

If you wish to stage a protest after cheering on your team as best you could during the match, then feel free, but by the sounds of things, ...[text shortened]... bench), but I didn't realise that it was also shared by idiotic Portuguese "fans".

D
    Where does blade68 talk about booing during the game? He talks about massive protests AFTER the game, and he is now expressing his will to see the manager gone.

If you want to randomly make assumptions about how blade68 acts during the games so that you can attack him, go ahead. While you're at it, maybe you can also assume that he spits on home players while they're taking corners.

Pathetic.
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 11:06
    United plc Chairman, Kevin McCabe, has said there will be an announcement regarding Bryan Robson's position at Bramall Lane "before the weekend"!!!!

Best position?
    Behind the wheel of his car driving away...
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 13:24
    so he's gone.

cant see him getting another management job now.

about as good as peter taylor now at stevenage
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 13:32
    Originally posted by cantspell
    so he's gone.

cant see him getting another management job now.

about as good as peter taylor now at stevenage
    Statement from the club states - 'relieved of his duties'.... I hope that doesn't mean he's staying in another capacity...
  9. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 13:55
    Originally posted by blade68
    Statement from the club states - 'relieved of his duties'.... I hope that doesn't mean he's staying in another capacity...
    You don't think he could do a good job selling pies at half-time?
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 13:59
    Originally posted by mtthw
    You don't think he could do a good job selling pies at half-time?
    but he always gets a mention when ever a new vacancy comes up.

Also he has manged quite a few teams in the last 10 years.

dont know how he does it!!!
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 14:00
    Welcome John Gregory! 😵
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 14:03
    Originally posted by spurs73

Someone's said that they're moving him 'upstairs'?

Must be to get closer to the bar!!!

🙄
  13. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 14:33
    Originally posted by spurs73

Mainly, I think, because the average club chairman has no imagination. So the same people just keep moving round the clubs - and every chairman somehow expects that this time will be different. They think that appointing an inexperienced manager is more risky than appointing an experienced manager who's just been kicked out down the road due to lack of success.

The definition of stupidity: continually doing the same thing, and expecting the outcome to be different.
  14. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 14:35
    Mainly, I think, because the average club chairman has no imagination. So the same people just keep moving round the clubs - and every chairman somehow expects that this time will be different. They think that appointing an inexperienced manager is more risky than appointing an experienced manager who's just been kicked out down the road due to lack of succe ...[text shortened]... tion of stupidity: continually doing the same thing, and expecting the outcome to be different.
    Absolutely spot on mate!
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 14:47
    The definition of stupidity: continually doing the same thing, and expecting the outcome to be different.
    I thought this was the definition of insanity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree