Bryan Robson..?

Bryan Robson..?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
04 Feb 08

I'm not biting mate....

The fact is that we're massively underperforming this season, and as the thread suggests, I can only blame Robson for that.... our wage bill is the biggest in this division, and on paper we have one of the best (if not the best) squad as well...

Watford went up to The Prem too quickly (like Derby this year)... but you look better and stronger than 2 seasons ago (despite losing Young and King)... and you have one of the best young managers around.

g
kingpin

swivel seat

Moves
04 Feb 08

ty, i was only having a laugh, football is one big joke these days, but winning still makes me happier than losing, 🙂
it could be worse, you could have Roeder or Megson as your manager, :'(

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
04 Feb 08

Roeder or Megson..?

The Ginger Whinger is an ex Pig, so that would never happen...
Roeder's never done owt of any recognition has he? (a bit like Robson then!)

g
kingpin

swivel seat

Moves
04 Feb 08

Roeder is a serial relegator, but he does now look like a good newcastle manager, lol, megson is a joke, and a ginger, 😉

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
10 Feb 08

Blades 0-0 10 men from the bottom 3...

Massive protests after the match yesterday... if the bloke has any self respect he'll resign now surely?

The fans don't want him, it's now becoming obvious that the players don't want him... why won't he just go away and never darken our door again?

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
11 Feb 08

Originally posted by blade68
His credentials as a player are not in question... but can anyone give me any kind of positive comments about him as a Manager? (Baggies fans? Boro fans?)

I'm really struggling with this bloke, he's had 6 months at the Lane now and he's taken us 3 steps backwards...
Maybe he's cheap 😲

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
11 Feb 08

Originally posted by gniyfidom7
Roeder is a serial relegator, but he does now look like a good newcastle manager, lol, megson is a joke, and a ginger, 😉
????? Roeder may have started his managerial career badly but since then he's proved himself more than adequate, look at Norwich for proof of that.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
11 Feb 08

Originally posted by asromacalcio
Maybe he's cheap 😲
Apparently Robson has been summoned to Brussells to meet the Chairman... rumours are that if we lose to Boro on Sunday he'll be presented with his P45...

I'd put up with him for another couple of weeks if it meant progressing through to the Q-F's...

c

Moves
11 Feb 08

Dowie lined up?

At least it is in the Northern region

Moves
12 Feb 08
1 edit

Robson is rubbish at management; wouldn't want him in charge of any team that needed to stay up or wanted promotion.

you'd be better off with Colin again.

Still, you're current predicament gives my club a chance to secure safety in the championship

p.s. i do rate Dowie as a manager; not sure what he's done wrong at Coventry but definitely worthwhile imho.

c

Moves
12 Feb 08

I am afraid Dowie is not that good. He was luck when he took up Palace having AJ, Routledge and GRay and supported by Hughes and Rihilati in midfield.

Still enjoyed it at the time

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
12 Feb 08

I think we'll get Billy Davis... mind you, that Mourinho bloke's still out of work isn't he?

k

Moves
12 Feb 08

Just heard from a reliable source, (not HP) Brian Robson will resign tomorrow.
They will give him the option rather than be sacked, must admit I will be dissapointed.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
12 Feb 08

Originally posted by blade68
Blades 0-0 10 men from the bottom 3...

Massive protests after the match yesterday... if the bloke has any self respect he'll resign now surely?

The fans don't want him, it's now becoming obvious that the players don't want him... why won't he just go away and never darken our door again?
How does it feel to undermine your team?

D

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
12 Feb 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
How does it feel to undermine your team?

D
Undermining... Supporting a team is not always patting every coach and player of your club in the back. Sometimes, things are rotten and some public expressions of displeasure help. Of course, some balance between servility and mob rule is the optimum.

Then again, I'm not surprised you don't know what supporting your team means.