1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 02:26
    Originally posted by Scotty70
    When the Jets win the SuperBowl, I guarantee you that teams will stop resting starters against lesser opponents struggling to get into the playoffs, especially if the opponent is within the conference.
    The Giants took the opposite tact in 2007. Their last game against NE was meaningless as they were locked into their playoff position. But the put the pedal to the metal and almost beat the Pats in week 17.

Look how that worked out.

Of course, if the Colts win the SB, then resting their starters will have been ingenious.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '10 15:54
    Originally posted by sh76
    The Giants took the opposite tact in 2007. Their last game against NE was meaningless as they were locked into their playoff position. But the put the pedal to the metal and almost beat the Pats in week 17.

Look how that worked out.

Of course, if the Colts win the SB, then resting their starters will have been ingenious.
    Assuherming the Dolts win tomorrow they have a smallish D that won't hold up to either Vike's or Saints' running attack. They can have rested all they want. They are not going anywhere and I doubt they can beat the Jets! Jets need to pound the ball and play keep away!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '10 18:42
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Assuherming the Dolts win tomorrow they have a smallish D that won't hold up to either Vike's or Saints' running attack. They can have rested all they want. They are not going anywhere and I doubt they can beat the Jets! Jets need to pound the ball and play keep away!
    Can i get a CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 01:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Can i get a CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC?
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC 🙂

Colts are the better team. That's all there is to it.

Jets could use a guy like Freeney, another good corner, a big play threat (maybe Leon Washington back from injury) and as long as Sanchez improves, they'll be fine.
  5. Standard memberScotty70
    Maddog1213
    Central Office
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 04:30
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC 🙂

Colts are the better team. That's all there is to it.

Jets could use a guy like Freeney, another good corner, a big play threat (maybe Leon Washington back from injury) and as long as Sanchez improves, they'll be fine.
    Jets seriously need a pass rusher. Manning had way too much time in the pocket after that first series.
  6. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 10:36
    Probably not, yet no one, but no one, gave them a chance against San Diego. When the football gods decree that the ball shall bounce your way there is no telling. Who woulda thought Kaeding would miss field goals from within 40 yards, that balls would hop off of receiver's ankles into the bellies of awaiting defenders on the ground and players would kic ...[text shortened]... egin with. Maybe the football gods are out to punish the stinkin' Colts and cowardly Caldwell!
    yeah... Caldwell's looking really cowardly right about now isn't he? GO COLTS P. MANNINGS THE GREATEST TO EVER PLAY THE POSITION
  7. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 10:41
    Jets are a team on a mission. I don't know about total domination, but I'm sure they will take the win any which way it comes. Colt's D is a fast, finesse unit. They can be brutalized with a crushing ground game! I feel it will be a good game indeed. I wish it were the late game and not the early one, although the fireworks game should be entertaiing as well!
    man... you were right. the jets def brutalized the colts with their rushing game. they got out rushed by the worst rushing team in the league. Addai had as many rushing yards as all the jets.
  8. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 10:45
    you say their D won't hold up to the Saints or Vikes rushing attack? here's a fun little fact for you. they beat the Ravens, who rushed for well over 200 on the Bellichek coached Patriots. Then everybody said they couldn't stand up to the Jets, who had the best rushing attack in the NFL. the Colts just held them to 86. so you really think the saints are gonna run all over the colts in two weeks? really?
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 12:36
    Originally posted by Big Orange Country
    yeah... Caldwell's looking really cowardly right about now isn't he? GO COLTS P. MANNINGS THE GREATEST TO EVER PLAY THE POSITION
    Caldwell is cowardly. If it works out in the end it is because of Dungy's players and system. Caldwell is the Dolt in chief. His players happen to have the pride and guts he lacks!
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 12:40
    you say their D won't hold up to the Saints or Vikes rushing attack? here's a fun little fact for you. they beat the Ravens, who rushed for well over 200 on the Bellichek coached Patriots. Then everybody said they couldn't stand up to the Jets, who had the best rushing attack in the NFL. the Colts just held them to 86. so you really think the saints are gonna run all over the colts in two weeks? really?
    Mark my words! Colts cannot stop sandlot plays like the jets' and you think they can stop a power attack like the Saints'? You dream. So you're a Colts homey. I get it. Blinded to reality. Colts won because they had a bunch of players who came to give it all despite their doltish coach. They're a great team no doubt, but will come up one game short!
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 14:04
    Mark my words! Colts cannot stop sandlot plays like the jets' and you think they can stop a power attack like the Saints'? You dream. So you're a Colts homey. I get it. Blinded to reality. Colts won because they had a bunch of players who came to give it all despite their doltish coach. They're a great team no doubt, but will come up one game short!
    Maybe the Colts can't stop the Saints attack. But can the Saints stop the Colts? Favre and Co kept giving the ball away and the Vikings still scored 28 points and went to OT.

This could be one of the highest scoring super bowls of all time.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 14:06
    man... you were right. the jets def brutalized the colts with their rushing game. they got out rushed by the worst rushing team in the league. Addai had as many rushing yards as all the jets.
    The injury to Shonn Green helped a lot on that front. Thomas Jones isn't what he used to be and Green was having success before he went down.

Jets wouldn't have won the game anyway... Manning was too much; but it would have been a lot more interesting.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 15:33
    I would throw a few names at you and beg to differ.

Joe Montana
    Johnny Unitas
    Brett Farve
    Dan Marino
    John Elway

There are a few to consider. Elway and Montana have more rings. Marino is the only one with less rings than Manning. This is not to demean Manning at all. He is one of the greatest....just not THE greatest.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 15:541 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I would throw a few names at you and beg to differ.

Joe Montana
    Johnny Unitas
    Brett Farve
    Dan Marino
    John Elway

There are a few to consider. Elway and Montana have more rings. Marino is the only one with less rings than Manning. This is not to demean Manning at all. He is one of the greatest....just not THE greatest.
    It drives me nuts when people judge a player based solely on how many rings he has.

Tom Brady has more rings than Manning, but any objective observer who has watched their careers can see plain as day that Manning is the better player.

If Marino had a running game OR a defense, he would be considered the greatest QB ever. He did it consistently year in and year out with no running game and no great wide receivers (please don't start waxing poetic now about Mark Duper, please).

I remember watching those great Jets-Dolphins games in the '80s. Without Marino, that was a 4-12 team. With him, they went to the playoffs most years. The only other guy I could say that about that I've ever seen was Manning.

Joe Roby, the owner of the Dolphins once said that, under Marino, "our idea of a balanced offense was the long pass and the short pass" .

As an aside, the Pats going 11-5 last year with Matt Cassel has sure taken some of the luster off of Brady's legacy, eh?
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 17:07
    It drives me nuts when people judge a player based solely on how many rings he has.

Tom Brady has more rings than Manning, but any objective observer who has watched their careers can see plain as day that Manning is the better player.

If Marino had a running game OR a defense, he would be considered the greatest QB ever. He did it consistently year in a ...[text shortened]... -5 last year with Matt Cassel has sure taken some of the luster off of Brady's legacy, eh?
    I agree.

This glorification of the individual greatly diminishes the fact that TEAMS win championships.

If the only thing that mattered was "rings", Robert Horry would be considered one of the all-time great NBA players.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree