1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 03:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, no, that's baseball you are thinking about. No doubt, another mind numbing Yankee win in this years world series is enough to make anyone give up on Americas favority pass time.
    I knew it wasn't hockey as they never called a technical fowl on the guy that was high sticking. Of course they might see it fair and square since there is someone always throwing the puck at him. Self defense?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 19:36
    Well my Buckeyes won today against Navy....barely. 😳

What kills me is that they continue to struggle on the offensive line for the hundredth year in a row. Basically, they are the same team that lost by about 30 points to USC last year, only, they don't have their great running back BB Wells nor do they have their back up QB Beckman.

I hate to say it but I am dreading the match up next week with USC.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 02:33
    At least I don't have to worry about the Sooners losing a big BCS game this year. One and done. OU could easily lose 5 games this year. Good luck to the rest of the Big XII, except Texas and Oklahoma State.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 02:52
    Originally posted by Eladar
    At least I don't have to worry about the Sooners losing a big BCS game this year. One and done. OU could easily lose 5 games this year. Good luck to the rest of the Big XII, except Texas and Oklahoma State.
    Five losses? I don't think they will have that many.

As for my Bucks, other than USC, they really don't play anyone except Wisconsin, Illinios, Penn State, and Michigan. Out of those three, I think perhaps they will lose at least one, if not more. If so, that would probably kick them out of a BCS bowl for the first time in quite some time.
  5. Joined
    15 Jul '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 16:29
    Buckeyes go down next week and lose to Penn State. I am pretty sure they will win the rest of them.

Not sure if USC can run the table, they always find that one mediocre team to lose to.

Hate to say it but it really is Florida's NC to lose this year. Hopefully 'bama takes them down.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 18:48
    OU has three more losses in conference: Texas Tech, Texas and Okie light. We could very well lose to Nebraska while we're at it. If we make a bowl and we get matched up with a decent team we could blow that one too.

This OU team isn't verry good.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 20:23
    Originally posted by Chucklets37
    Buckeyes go down next week and lose to Penn State. I am pretty sure they will win the rest of them.

Not sure if USC can run the table, they always find that one mediocre team to lose to.

Hate to say it but it really is Florida's NC to lose this year. Hopefully 'bama takes them down.
    Penn State at home is ALWAYS a big question mark. As for that team up north, they appear to be hitting on all cylanders once again. Also Wisconsin and Illinios always seem to give the Bucks fits.

Yep, its going to be a challenging season for them, no doubt.
  8. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 23:14
    My Gophers are undfeated. They beat a team that had a Duke point guard. They still control their destiny to the National Championship. I won't elaborate any further.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 23:25
    Never too late to jump on the BYU and Bosie State bandwagons boys!! Just do it now please, when the bulk of the season is remaining to be played. Alabama showed its mettle while playing poorly against VT. Florida beat the hell out of their patsie. Texas beat their patsie even though they played poorly while doing so. I don't believe USC will run the table this year. Hell, even Notre Dame might upset them this year. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Way too much football to be played yet.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 01:56
    Originally posted by badmoon
    My Gophers are undfeated. They beat a team that had a Duke point guard. They still control their destiny to the National Championship. I won't elaborate any further.
    😲
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 01:57
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Never too late to jump on the BYU and Bosie State bandwagons boys!! Just do it now please, when the bulk of the season is remaining to be played. Alabama showed its mettle while playing poorly against VT. Florida beat the hell out of their patsie. Texas beat their patsie even though they played poorly while doing so. I don't believe USC will run the tab ...[text shortened]... e might upset them this year. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Way too much football to be played yet.
    USC is either in the NC game or in the Rose Bowl or both. That is a given before any season starts.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 20:571 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    USC is either in the NC game or in the Rose Bowl or both. That is a given before any season starts.
    I'll take the odds on that bet. (on the NC game portion. They could work their way into a Rose Bowl berth if they play well).
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 15:311 edit
    Well we are almost to game time between my Buckeys and USC. However, USC is favored by ONLY 7 points from what I hear!! I hate to say this because I am a Buckeye fan, but it almost makes me want to sell everything I own, fly to Vegas, and put all my money on USC!!

What are these guys smok'in????? 😲
  14. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 17:02
    I think it is true tribute to USC that with a true Freshman quarterback you see it inconceivable that they do not win by more than a touchdown in a road game against a top 10 team.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 18:355 edits
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I think it is true tribute to USC that with a true Freshman quarterback you see it inconceivable that they do not win by more than a touchdown in a road game against a top 10 team.
    I hear that USC has about 6 running backs that will all play on Sundays some day. If so, they don't need a QB. As for the Buckeyes, they don't have one NFL running back in my view. You watch, their QB TP will be the Buckeyes only running game, which will probably be for under 100 yards.

Let me just add that USC has beaten the last 20 Big Ten schools by an average of 30 points over the last couple of decades. Do you not notice a trend or will OSU magically break this spell that they seem to have over the Big Ten? In short, talent flees to coastal teams like USC and Flordia, therefore, talking about USC not winning by more than 7 points because of one player who is their QB seems a little odd to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree