1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 04:32
    Ok, its gett'in close!! My Buckeys are scheduled to play USC on 9/12.

Predictions!! Can my Buckeys keep the game respectible? Considering that USC has beaten the last 20 Big Ten teams it has faced by an average of 30 points or more, this may be a miracle. I know that their rankings are close together, but this means NOTHING!! USC should always be #1 every year regardless of the year because of the recruits they get year after year. In fact, I think they have another cookie cutter Hiesman QB in the wings. I don't even know his name, not that it matters what it is. Considering pretty much every player on this USC team will play in the NFL, one has to ask the question as to whether or not they belong on the same field as these other schools?
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 12:422 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ok, its gett'in close!! My Buckeys are scheduled to play USC on 9/12.

Predictions!! Can my Buckeys keep the game respectible? Considering that USC has beaten the last 20 Big Ten teams it has faced by an average of 30 points or more, this may be a miracle. I know that their rankings are close together, but this means NOTHING!! USC should always be #1 e to ask the question as to whether or not they belong on the same field as these other schools?
    Neither team is going to do especially well this year. Not on same page as TX, OK, OKST, FL. The champ will be one of the latter four!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 13:441 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Neither team is going to do especially well this year. Not on same page as TX, OK, OKST, FL. The champ will be one of the latter four!
    I can understand Flordia, but the rest I can't endorse, especially with Teebow coming back for his 8th year. LOL. Typically, the power houses are in the SEC as the Big 12 trail behind. As for OKHS, they NEVER are one of the elite teams. I remember my Buckeys playing in the Alamo bowl a few years back as we beat them by like 30 points!! All I can say is, I just hope the game is close and I hope my Bucks make the BCS!!
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 14:26
    I can understand Flordia, but the rest I can't endorse, especially with Teebow coming back for his 8th year. LOL. Typically, the power houses are in the SEC as the Big 12 trail behind. As for OKHS, they NEVER are one of the elite teams. I remember my Buckeys playing in the Alamo bowl a few years back as we beat them by like 30 points!! All I can say is, I just hope the game is close and I hope my Bucks make the BCS!!
    The Buckeyes are always competitive. If they played more SEC teams maybe they would stiffen. OkSt. is worth watching as a dark horse, but they returned most of their elite starters. I would not want to play them right now. TX and OU have stiffened after their poor defensive efforts late in the year. The Buckeyes are thin on D as well. That's where the SEC cleans everyone else's clock.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 21:544 edits
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    [b]The Buckeyes are always competitive. If they played more SEC teams maybe they would stiffen.
    Ohio State in its history is 0-9 against the SEC. 😲

Even though I am a Big Ten guy, I will have to say that college football should change with the times. That means not letting the PAC 10 (USC in their back yard) play the winner of the Big Ten any longer in the Rose Bowl. Why do they continue to do this considering USC has won the last 20 meetings against the Big Ten by a total of about 30 points or more? Is it so USC can pat theirselves on the back every year and say how great they are? I propose that the winner of the SEC be put in the Rose Bowl from now on. If they are not going to go to a playoff that is the least they can do.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 13:36
    Originally posted by MrVarnell
    As a hog fan, I have to say your crazy to even consider Oklahoma and Texas (sucks), because of the SEC dominance of NCAA football. Ole Miss however, doesn't stand a chance either in my book, becasue I know how Houston Nutt likes to choke. He will give you one good season, one big win/ season to keep his job, and then finally you catch on - He won't take you there. When the dust settles- it Tebow and Florida all over agian. Go for the 5-peat Tebow!
    Yawn....was that a pig snorting some more crap?

Didn't notice Arkansas dominating anything lately (except the food stamp lines).
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 19:22
    Ok kids, its almost time!! I know its July but I just can't wait any longer!!! So what can we say about college football for the year 2009 other than USC is the most miserable and pathetic team in college football history and will be lucky to win so much as a game this year? Which teams will do well and which not so much?
    I wish Notre Dame would crack the top 10. I doubt it though.🙂
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 02:342 edits
    Originally posted by bill718
    I wish Notre Dame would crack the top 10. I doubt it though.🙂
    College football has changed since the glory days of Notre Dame. The trend now is for talent to flee to the coastal states. After all, if you were the best player in the land, where would you go? Would you go to Florida or California where they have sand and beach and sun and pretty girls 24/7, or do you go to Indiana? Everyone else gets the left overs.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 02:36
    College football has changed since the glory days of Notre Dame. The trend now is for talent to flee to the coastal states. After all, if you were the best player in the land, where would you go? Would you go to Florida or California where they have sand and beach and sun and pretty girls 24/7, or do you go to Indiana? Everyone else gets the left overs.
    Predictions for week one!! It is only a week away!!

I feel a bit giddy in fact.

As for my Buckeys battling Navy, by how many points will the Bucks win?
  10. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 14:40
    Florida over USC eh? Of course, the two shall NEVER meet so we will never know.....or at leats USC always winds up in the back yard playing the Big Ten and destroying whoever it is. They are usually kept out of the NC game for some stupid loss to a team like Stanford. LOL. Then they all scream that they are really the champions of college football or, at ...[text shortened]... ll honesty, I think they are a little scared of the SEC, or at least, the dominate teams therin.
    YEA STANFORD THAT'S RIGHT.

However I remain a Vols fan at heart.
  11. Joined
    15 Jul '09
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 02:53

12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 01:34
    Ok kids, its almost time!! I know its July but I just can't wait any longer!!! So what can we say about college football for the year 2009 other than USC is the most miserable and pathetic team in college football history and will be lucky to win so much as a game this year? Which teams will do well and which not so much?
    I don't watch football anymore. Seems like every time I watch a game they end up going into extra innings. I just don't have the patience for it.
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 02:17

And Georgia better win or the fall could come quick. tough early games.

I'm hoping that BYU can stay with the Sooners.

Of course the feature game result will be The Gophers clobbering Syracuse. Go Gophers!
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 03:00
    Originally posted by voltaire
    😠
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 03:01
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I don't watch football anymore. Seems like every time I watch a game they end up going into extra innings. I just don't have the patience for it.
    No, no, that's baseball you are thinking about. No doubt, another mind numbing Yankee win in this years world series is enough to make anyone give up on Americas favority pass time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree