College Football 2011

College Football 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Dec 11

Originally posted by shortcircuit
You DO NOT remember correctly.

I have stated all year it was Andrew Luck's to lose.
He won't lose it either.
I guess I didn't remember correctly.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
03 Dec 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
I guess I didn't remember correctly.
That's ok, it has been a bad year for you. 😉😛

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Dec 11

That's ok, it has been a bad year for you. 😉😛
No worse than yours.

If only Boise State had kicked that FG ..........................................

w

Moves
04 Dec 11

So is the first year everyone here can agree that Alabama and LSU are the two best teams?

If so, has college football become sooo mind numbingly predictable that the only question remains, who will win the rematch?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 Dec 11

Originally posted by whodey
So is the first year everyone here can agree that Alabama and LSU are the two best teams?

If so, has college football become sooo mind numbingly predictable that the only question remains, who will win the rematch?
I'm hoping Oklahoma State's rout of the Sooners changes enough minds in the polls so that we have a REAL National Championship rather than SEC Championship #3 or whatever.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
04 Dec 11

I'm hoping Oklahoma State's rout of the Sooners changes enough minds in the polls so that we have a REAL National Championship rather than SEC Championship #3 or whatever.
LMAO....Mike Gundy last week said Alabama and LSU were the best two teams in the country.

Then, after his team pulls off a HUGE surprise, now he recants.

Ah, showmanship.

No matter if it is LSU- Alabama (as I think it will be) or LSU - OSU, it should be a good game.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Dec 11

LMAO....Mike Gundy last week said Alabama and LSU were the best two teams in the country.

Then, after his team pulls off a HUGE surprise, now he recants.

Ah, showmanship.

No matter if it is LSU- Alabama (as I think it will be) or LSU - OSU, it should be a good game.
He didn't "recant" - he said last week that he would vote Alabama #2. After his team crushed Oklahoma, he said his team should be #2. Apparently quite a few voters in the USA poll thought the same way as Alabama's margin there was significantly reduced. It may well be up to the Harris Poll results; I still think most of the computers will put OSU ahead of the Tide based on strength of schedule.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
05 Dec 11

He didn't "recant" - he said last week that he would vote Alabama #2. After his team crushed Oklahoma, he said his team should be #2. Apparently quite a few voters in the USA poll thought the same way as Alabama's margin there was significantly reduced. It may well be up to the Harris Poll results; I still think most of the computers will put OSU ahead of the Tide based on strength of schedule.
What? You don't say it is a recant when you say you would vote one way, and then you
change your mind and say it should be the other way?

LMAO

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Dec 11

What? You don't say it is a recant when you say you would vote one way, and then you
change your mind and say it should be the other way?

LMAO
What part of my post is the hardest to read? Or don't you understand what the word "recant" means? HINT: It doesn't mean you have to stick to the same position when the facts change.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
05 Dec 11

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Dec 11
1 edit

Well, Soozefest II is now official. Perhaps from now on the two supposed top teams from the SEC can play on September 1st and we can avoid the sham of a season.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
05 Dec 11
1 edit

What part of my post is the hardest to read? Or don't you understand what the word "recant" means? HINT: It doesn't mean you have to stick to the same position when the facts change.
from Merriam Webster....

recant - To withdraw or repudiate (a statement or belief) formally and publicly.
Revoke or make an open confession of error.

Now, so you can understand this simple concept....

Last week he publicly states that he would vote Alabama as the #2 team in the polls.
This week, he recants his statement from last week publicly stating that now
he would vote OSU #2.

Hope that is easy enough for you counselor.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Dec 11

from Merriam Webster....

[b]recant
- To withdraw or repudiate (a statement or belief) formally and publicly.
Revoke or make an open confession of error.

Now, so you can understand this simple concept....

Last week he publicly states that he would vote Alabama as the #2 team in the polls.
This week, he recants his statement from las ...[text shortened]... publicly stating that now
he would vote OSU #2.

Hope that is easy enough for you counselor.[/b]
You can't read. IF Grundy had said last week I was wrong; I would have voted for my team as #2, that would be recanting.

Saying that after my team crushed Oklahoma this week, I would vote them #2 is not recanting. It makes no "confession of error" to quote Merriam-Webster.

Glad to help.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
05 Dec 11

You can't read. IF Grundy had said last week I was wrong; I would have voted for my team as #2, that would be recanting.

Saying that after my team crushed Oklahoma this week, I would vote them #2 is not recanting. It makes no "confession of error" to quote Merriam-Webster.

Glad to help.
He was asked point blank on the air of a televised interview if he had stated that he
would have voted Alabama last week.

His response was yes, but today I believe OSU is the #2 team.

By definition, he recanted his position.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Dec 11

He was asked point blank on the air of a televised interview if he had stated that he
would have voted Alabama last week.

His response was yes, but today I believe OSU is the #2 team.

By definition, he recanted his position.
No he didn't as I already explained. He did not confess error; the facts changed - Oklahoma State's thrashing of Oklahoma is something that he did not have in front of him last week. Thus, saying I would have voted for Alabama as #2 last week but OSU this week based on new information is not a "recantation".