Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member doctor rhythm
    useless at chess
    22 May '08 11:46 / 1 edit
    well done united...champions of europe...and yes im a born and bred red
  2. Standard member mikeviking
    In your face
    22 May '08 12:00 / 1 edit
    What part of London are you from?
  3. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    22 May '08 12:45
    I was chuffed Man UTD won just shows you that you cant buy cups and i think alot of players will leave chelsea in the summer now especially drogba..
  4. 22 May '08 13:08
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    I was chuffed Man UTD won just shows you that you cant buy cups and i think alot of players will leave chelsea in the summer now especially drogba..
    Ferdinand £29M
    Rooney £28M
    Hargreaves £17M
    Carrick £17M
    Vidic £7M
    Evra £7M
    Nani £14M
    Anderson £14M

    Money helps though doesn't it?
  5. Standard member Virtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    22 May '08 14:32
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Ferdinand £29M
    Rooney £28M
    Hargreaves £17M
    Carrick £17M
    Vidic £7M
    Evra £7M
    Nani £14M
    Anderson £14M

    Money helps though doesn't it?
    Great point!
  6. 22 May '08 14:57
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Ferdinand £29M
    Rooney £28M
    Hargreaves £17M
    Carrick £17M
    Vidic £7M
    Evra £7M
    Nani £14M
    Anderson £14M

    Money helps though doesn't it?
    in fairness Vidic and Evra for 7m each........bargains.

    Im fairly sure Pool spent similar amounts on Pennant, Benayoun and I believe 11m for Kuyt.

    Money does help BUT only if it is spent wisely.
  7. Standard member Virtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    22 May '08 14:58
    Originally posted by Doyle78
    in fairness Vidic and Evra for 7m each........bargains.

    Im fairly sure Pool spent similar amounts on Pennant, Benayoun and I believe 11m for Kuyt.

    Money does help BUT only if it is spent wisely.
    Great point!
  8. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 May '08 16:05
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Ferdinand £29M
    Rooney £28M
    Hargreaves £17M
    Carrick £17M
    Vidic £7M
    Evra £7M
    Nani £14M
    Anderson £14M

    Money helps though doesn't it?
    LOL! When you look at the amount of money that Rafa spent on his 50 odd players that he has bought and the half a billion Roman has pumped into his team, it obviously doesn't help as much as you'd think.

    I like the way you left out the huge amounts of money United have made on the likes of Beckham, Butt, Smith, Rossi, Mikel, etc, etc, etc.

    D
  9. Standard member doctor rhythm
    useless at chess
    22 May '08 17:51
    Originally posted by mikeviking
    What part of London are you from?
    born and bred worsley manchester mate....we're not all from london ....most united fans come from salford.
  10. 22 May '08 18:07 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Doyle78
    in fairness Vidic and Evra for 7m each........bargains.

    Im fairly sure Pool spent similar amounts on Pennant, Benayoun and I believe 11m for Kuyt.

    Money does help BUT only if it is spent wisely.
    Benitez's net transfer dealings are £56.9M in his four years at LFC. Ferguson's is £73.4M for the same period and he didn't start 2004-05 with a team containing the likes of Traore, Smicer, Diao, Diouf, Cheyrou etc

    Liverpool finished 11 points behind ManU this season, in 04-05 it was 19 points. So in Rafa's 4 years, Liverpool have closed the gap on Utd having spent less money. Rafa's first league season yielded 58 points, this season it was 76.

    How do you like them facts?
  11. 22 May '08 18:07
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    LOL! When you look at the amount of money that Rafa spent on his 50 odd players that he has bought and the half a billion Roman has pumped into his team, it obviously doesn't help as much as you'd think.

    I like the way you left out the huge amounts of money United have made on the likes of Beckham, Butt, Smith, Rossi, Mikel, etc, etc, etc.

    D
    See above
  12. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 May '08 18:42
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Liverpool finished 11 points behind ManU this season, in 04-05 it was 19 points. So in Rafa's 4 years, Liverpool have closed the gap on Utd having spent less money.
    Nice "facts". Shall we fill in some more detail...
    04/05 - 19 points difference
    05/06 - 9 points difference
    06/07 - 21 points difference
    07/08 - 11 points difference.

    Only a deluded scouser could see a pattern of improvement in those seemingly random figures.

    But so long as you're happy that your team have improved to within 11 points of the top team, then I guess we'll let you be. Well done on your ambition. I'd also like to commend your acceptance that your club is being run as a mediocre business, which means that you don't have the funds to compete with the big English clubs.

    D
  13. Standard member Tirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    22 May '08 20:36
    Originally posted by doctor rhythm
    born and bred worsley manchester mate....we're not all from london ....most united fans come from salford.
    I bet a lot of Londoners spend a lot of time in Weatherfield
  14. 22 May '08 20:50
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    I was chuffed Man UTD won just shows you that you cant buy cups and i think alot of players will leave chelsea in the summer now especially drogba..
    Its comments like this from United fans that just pi££es of other football fans in general.....unbelieveable!
  15. 22 May '08 21:10
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    I bet a lot of Londoners spend a lot of time in Weatherfield
    You watch too much English TV man!