Copa del Rey (Spain)

Copa del Rey (Spain)

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 May 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Sake
Villarato is a conspiracy theory from journalists supporting Madrid. Such comes to live when the opponent is too strong time after time, the defeats (a few 5-0's) and envy out of proportion. Kaka and Raul had never the idea Barcelona was in favour of the refs. Even Real agreed that Barcelona is where it is because of their game. That was before streetfighter Mo they are corrupt. Show me the proof the refs got paid. There is none. Just a list of names.
Let me repeat: If my shot is too long, show me any other club with that much influence in refereeing in UEFA. Go ahead, quote some names and job descriptions. Instead, you talk about playing styles which are pretty much irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

There is no "proof" or the people would be in jail. Before there is proof there needs to be an investigation and if you're going to expect the investigated to start the investigation then you're even more naive than I thought. The facts on the field added to the potential conflict of interests of such an unbalanced organigram warrant investigation.

Of course, you prefer to bury your head in the sand because of your obvious dislike for Mourinho.

S

Utrecht

Moves
10 May 11

Originally posted by Palynka
Let me repeat: If my shot is too long, show me any other club with that much influence in refereeing in UEFA. Go ahead, quote some names and job descriptions. Instead, you talk about playing styles which are pretty much irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

There is no "proof" or the people would be in jail. Before there is proof there needs to be an inv ...[text shortened]... urse, you prefer to bury your head in the sand because of your obvious dislike for Mourinho.
I tried to tell where this conspiracy theory might come from. That's relevant.
I have no other names and 'your' list is correct and I agree it looks unbalanced and I can understand that it is questionable. But again, it is just a theory. There is nothing that shows that these people used their influence to fix a game. If so, it is a million euro theft and investigations should be handed over to the police. Why is this not the case? You have no power to investigate the matter, nor have I. Just a theory supported by a Mourinho lover.
Do I dislike Jose? No, not at all. I think he is a brilliant manager. I prefer him above Ferguson, Wenger, van Gaal. But he's a bad loser when Barcelona is his opponent. But the 2nd season his teams play at its best. Good luck next year then 😉

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 May 11

I tried to tell where this conspiracy theory might come from. That's relevant.
I have no other names and 'your' list is correct and I agree it looks unbalanced and I can understand that it is questionable. But again, it is just a theory. There is nothing that shows that these people used their influence to fix a game. If so, it is a million euro theft and inv ...[text shortened]... is his opponent. But the 2nd season his teams play at its best. Good luck next year then 😉
Of course it's just a theory. Like I said, hard facts require investigations and most investigations require "theories" before they start.

The fact that Mourinho is a bad loser (which he is) or that I like him has little to do with this. I didn't begin disliking the situation now. The feeling that something seems wrong started with the Ovrebo show. We talked about Barcelona always getting the benefit of the doubt in the forums then, we talked about it the year afterwards with Inter, we talked about it this year when they played Copenhagen, when they played Arsenal and now Real Madrid.

Moves
10 May 11

Well, he talked about reality and the events that took place on the field, you talked about your feelings for him.
Reality is:

- Barcelona are, truth be told, a bit of a diving team;
- Real Madrid are, in fact, a lot of an ankle-assaulting, dirty fouling, pretending to go for the ball but always hitting the player team, much more than Barcelona are divers;
- Mourinho cannot hold a press conference without insulting someone and implying or outright stating that his team is being fraudulently disadvantaged.

Reality is that my feelings for Mourinho are what they are because Mourinho behaves the way he does.

Richard

rc

Moves
10 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Reality is:

- Barcelona are, truth be told, a bit of a diving team;
- Real Madrid are, in fact, a lot of an ankle-assaulting, dirty fouling, pretending to go for the ball but always hitting the player team, much more than Barcelona are divers;
- Mourinho cannot hold a press conference without insulting someone and implying or outright ...[text shortened]... my feelings for Mourinho are what they are because Mourinho behaves the way he does.

Richard
First van Gaal and now Jose, do you people dilute your whisky with lemonade and put
sugar in your porridge? 😛

Moves
10 May 11

Of course, Richard was quick to decry the widespread corruption in FIFA when the World Cup bids came along but now seems to think that talk about it is just sour grapes and that we should all just believe that such widespread corruption
Don't be such a douchebag. I could say with at least as much accuracy that the only reason you see any corruption where Mourinho's opponents are concerned is that the man is Portuguese.

Richard

Moves
10 May 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
and put sugar in your porridge? 😛
i add honey 😛

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 May 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Don't be such a douchebag. I could say with at least as much accuracy that the only reason you see any corruption where Mourinho's opponents are concerned is that the man is Portuguese.

Richard
Were you not quick to decry the widespread corruption in FIFA?

rc

Moves
10 May 11

Originally posted by trev33
i add honey 😛
honey is acceptable if you are building muscle 😉

S

Utrecht

Moves
11 May 11

Of course it's just a theory. Like I said, hard facts require investigations and most investigations require "theories" before they start.

The fact that Mourinho is a bad loser (which he is) or that I like him has little to do with this. I didn't begin disliking the situation now. The feeling that something seems wrong started with the Ovrebo show. We tal ...[text shortened]... bout it this year when they played Copenhagen, when they played Arsenal and now Real Madrid.
If Mourinho and Real believe they have a case based upon this theory, they should go to the police and let them investigate the subject. When they don't, it's just spotlight rethoric.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
11 May 11

If Mourinho and Real believe they have a case based upon this theory, they should go to the police and let them investigate the subject. When they don't, it's just spotlight rethoric.
UEFA and FIFA give harsh penalties if you try to go to ordinary justice to go around them. So it's much more pragmatic to bring this to the spotlight and hope the pressure leads to change.

Moves
11 May 11

honey is acceptable if you are building muscle 😉
which i'm always trying to do... not having much luck with my cream egg diet and fear of manual labor though 😵

S

Utrecht

Moves
12 May 11

UEFA and FIFA give harsh penalties if you try to go to ordinary justice to go around them. So it's much more pragmatic to bring this to the spotlight and hope the pressure leads to change.
Going to press is like going around them isn't? It's about the same distrust and the same degradation of UEFA's image. When such costs a lousy 4 matches (what a petty call that was), it's all worth it 😉 Because it's not only about change, in your accusation it's about corruption, influencing officials, appointing friendly refs, suspicious calls, fixing the set to make a Barca favoured outcome possible. Right? And no police is called? Doesn't make sense.
When some individual, or a club demands an investigation, all the clubs should stick together then. A punishments means nothing when all turn their backs.

Moves
12 May 11

Were you not quick to decry the widespread corruption in FIFA?
Yes. Because it exists.

The only Barcelona Conspiracy I can see exists solely in the minds of two Portuguese, you and your pal Jose.

Richard

Moves
12 May 11

First van Gaal and now Jose, do you people dilute your whisky with lemonade and put sugar in your porridge? 😛
Oi! I don't dilute my whisky with anything but the drops left over from rinsing the glass. I'm not a Seppo... I do dilute my gin with tonic on occasion.
And I don't eat porridge at all. Tasteless muck. The only thing it's good for is stuffing a haggis' abdominal cavity for roasting.

Richard