1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 05:53
    http://www.footytube.com/news/guardian/jose-mourinho-rages-at-plot-to-put-barcelona-in-the-final-L8155?ref=hp_trendian
  2. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 10:34
    What are the odds that Alves, Busquets and Pedro will get a ban for discrediting the game?

No wonder people are starting to it Refalona. What a joke.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 16:19
    Did you mean hate? Not grammar naziying, just that it wasn't clear.
  4. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 16:47
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Did you mean hate? Not grammar naziying, just that it wasn't clear.
    Yeah, I meant dislike or hate. The discussions on internet fora have been very entertaining today. The persistent flaming is off the charts. It's been fun.

Personally I've been tired of Barca and their arrogant we're-the-best-and-play-football-the-right-way attitude for quite some time (which apparently involves a lot of over dramatizing, acting and outright cheating and then waiting for Messi to do something brilliant). It's nice that to see I'm not alone. I think Man Utd will have a lot of (extra) supporters on May 28th.
  5. Cyberspace
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 16:561 edit
    Actually feel pity for all you RM fans out there.
    You have a coach who sent out players just to go and defend (even at your home turf, especially when you have a plethora of attacking options), left Higuain and Kaka on the bench (when they were terrific against Valencia just 3 days before), and played a dirty brand of football where all they were trying to do is hack down the opponent with the ball.
    As pique put it "when you play with fire you can get burned"
    So instead of bitching about barca and diving , go ask your coach some questions.
  6. Cyberspace
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 17:16
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Mourinho said it clearly:

"Today has been shown that at Barcelona have no chance. Because the UEFA does not leave any of the other teams play against them. I do not understand why. I do not know if advertising to Unicef​​, I do not know if they are very Mourinho charged ...", friendly. "I do not live my whole life to this issue and will one day ...[text shortened]... was not a candidate. We won with work, pride, effort and sweat, "he explained.
    Jose mourinho, as usual talking bollocks.
    Trying to distract attention from the fact that his strategy backfired.
    Conspiracy theory, my a**e.

RM fans wake up - this man is trying to fool you.
  7. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 17:291 edit
    Originally posted by arterioes
    Actually feel pity for all you RM fans out there.
    You have a coach who sent out players just to go and defend (even at your home turf, especially when you have a plethora of attacking options), left Higuain and Kaka on the bench (when they were terrific against Valencia just 3 days before), and played a dirty brand of football where all they were trying t get burned"
    So instead of bitching about barca and diving , go ask your coach some questions.
    I'm not a RM fan. Defending is a big part of the game, and I see nothing wrong with a defensive strategy against a team with strong possession skills. It doesn't matter who is on the bench and what club you are. And football is a contact sport, where you are allowed to tackle your opponent without him falling on the pitch screaming like he's been shot. Maybe Mourinho isn't the one who should be asked some questions...

Yesterday's game and post match comments from both teams were a disgrace. Refalona and RM can keep their petty, childish behavior to the 'La Liga', or be banned from the ChL. What a bunch of babies.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 20:08
    Hey, Artheries, aren't you supposed to be busy
    supporting Mumbai United? I've heard they're
    playing soon 'El Clasico' against the Calcuta Hotspurs.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 21:00
    Originally posted by arterioes
    Jose mourinho, as usual talking bollocks.
    Trying to distract attention from the fact that his strategy backfired.
    Conspiracy theory, my a**e.

RM fans wake up - this man is trying to fool you.
    It didn't backfire. It was working as planned when the red came along.
  10. Shanghai
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 21:37
    Am I the only one on earth who does not buy into the Barcelona hype? they surround referees at every opportunity, roll around diving, wave those imaginary cards. This is not pure football, it is cheating and manipulating. Along with this they have this obnoxious "holier than thou" attitude to their way of playing football. Somehow defending is evil. They are effectively trying to turn football into basketball.

Their hypocrisy when they made a big deal of having no sponsor whilst having the worlds largest nike swish on their shirts. One day I hope people wake up and see Barcelona for the enemies of football that they are.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 21:57
    Originally posted by deriver69
    Am I the only one on earth who does not buy into the Barcelona hype?
    I mean... Have you read the thread??
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 22:35
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Hey, Artheries, aren't you supposed to be busy
    supporting Mumbai United? I've heard they're
    playing soon 'El Clasico' against the Calcuta Hotspurs.
    that'll be 'kolkata hotspurs' 😛
  13. Santiago
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 02:02
    When UEFA adjudicate perhaps they can study the role of the ref and whether he was fit to manage the match. An early yellow on the first bit of face holding could have stopped all the idiocy.

But the governing bodies seem to find cheating acceptable. They do very little about it post WCs.
  14. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 07:13
    Both teams brought the game into disrepute in the Champions League Semi-Finals, you can bet your bottom dollar that if that was two English teams surrounding the Ref and taking part in the fracas that went on at halftime there would be suspensions and fines. Jeez Blatter would even have the thumbscrews out if he could get away with it.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 11:52
    The current Barcelona team is, in the wise words of Drogba, a fecking disgrace:
    YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree