1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 12:13
    Disgraceful is an understatement. I hope ManU beats the diarrhea out of Barca!
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 18:362 edits
    There seems to be a video where Busquets is allegedly seen calling Marcelo "mono", which means monkey. Anyone seen it?

Edit - Found it:
    http://www.marca.com/2011/04/29/futbol/liga_campeones/1304082306.html
    I'm not convinced by this... Seitse, as a Spanish native speaker can you give your opinion?
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 08:00
    Originally posted by Palynka
    There seems to be a video where Busquets is allegedly seen calling Marcelo "mono", which means monkey. Anyone seen it?

Edit - Found it:
    http://www.marca.com/2011/04/29/futbol/liga_campeones/1304082306.html
    I'm not convinced by this... Seitse, as a Spanish native speaker can you give your opinion?
    That filthy son of a gun!

The first inflection of the mouth is definitely an "m" and there
    are two "o" there, which boils down to mo_o, and in Spanish,
    I mean... what could it be other than "mono"?

Moto? (motorcycle)
    Mojo? (I wet)
    Mozo? (butler)
    Moco? (bugger)

I think, indeed, he said "mono", which is Monkey.
  4. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 08:24
    What a douche.

In Danish, though, you can call someone a monkey (abe) without it necessarily have racist connotations. Is it the same in Spanish?
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 12:261 edit
    Well, it depends a lot on which Spanish. There are 500 million
    speakers, and I believe it is more cultural than anything. In
    North and Central America, it is very common to call someone
    a "mono" or "chango" regardless of the color, as in a detached
    way of saying "that one". You know, like "look at that monkey
    what a car he's driving*" and the guy can be white as snow.

* "Mira a ese mono, qué auto maneja!"

P.S. I know, for sure, than in Spain this is not the case. Monkey
    has racial connotations.
  6. Cyberspace
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 18:05
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Hey, Artheries, aren't you supposed to be busy
    supporting Mumbai United? I've heard they're
    playing soon 'El Clasico' against the Calcuta Hotspurs.
    No I was busy watching RM play real zaragoza.
    Sad that RM lost :-(
    Wonder what jose is going to blame now... Diving??....
    No wait .... the spanish football federation....
    surely they were in cohoots with real zaragoza.....
    Cause the RFEF wanted RZ to win and avoid relegation..... Not fair......
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 May '11 13:28
    Originally posted by arterioes
    No I was busy watching RM play real zaragoza.
    Sad that RM lost :-(
    Wonder what jose is going to blame now... Diving??....
    No wait .... the spanish football federation....
    surely they were in cohoots with real zaragoza.....
    Cause the RFEF wanted RZ to win and avoid relegation..... Not fair......
    Of course. The ref must have been corrupt. That's how it always goes. When Mourinho's game wins, it's because he's the "Special One" (always made me reach for a bucket, that self-imposed title), not because he happens to train the second- or third-best team in the world with a lot of great players. When his team loses... of course it's not because Mourinho made a mistake, Mourinho doesn't make mistakes, Mourinho is congenitally incapable of ever making mistakes. No, when Mourinho's team loses, it's because the ref is corrupt. He must be corrupt, he didn't let Mourinho's team win.

What a puke-inducing "man" Mourinho is.

Richard
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 May '11 16:10
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Of course. The ref must have been corrupt. That's how it always goes. When Mourinho's game wins, it's because he's the "Special One" (always made me reach for a bucket, that self-imposed title), not because he happens to train the second- or third-best team in the world with a lot of great players. When his team loses... of course it's not becaus ...[text shortened]... n't let Mourinho's team win.

Richard
    I agree entirely. However, as far as the ref in the UEFA game the other day. He was indeed wrong in ejecting the RM player. Foul? Yes. Ejection? No. Ref was persuaded by Barca players. Mourinho is a real pice of work, but even a bad clock is right twice a day. I was happy RM got its butt handed to them by a lesser team!
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 May '11 20:13
    Of course. The ref must have been corrupt. That's how it always goes. When Mourinho's game wins, it's because he's the "Special One" (always made me reach for a bucket, that self-imposed title), not because he happens to train the second- or third-best team in the world with a lot of great players. When his team loses... of course it's not becaus ...[text shortened]... n't let Mourinho's team win.

Richard
    Well, he talked about reality and the events that took place on the field, you talked about your feelings for him.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '11 05:47

Richard
    he is the 'special one', ask his wife ! didn't realise that self assured was such a dirty
    word. Mourinho is awesome, hes just so entertaining.
  11. Utrecht
    Moves
    09 May '11 10:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Well, he talked about reality and the events that took place on the field, you talked about your feelings for him.
    Reality was that Pepe should have been sent off after that nasty charge on Messi, who happens to be not a diver at all. Reality was that (forgot his name) should have been sent off after stepping on purpose on Villa's leg when he was down on the ground, yes he did overreact. So yes, Real deserved a few red cards (again) and that was not because of the acting skills of some Barca players.
    BTW isn't Di Maria a diver as well? Have you never seen Ronaldo moan just about anything?
    Real was just lucky to get away with that plate, but agreed it never was a 5-0 game, so Mourinho did something good after all.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 May '11 11:09
    1. President, Michel Platini
    Well-known Barcelona lover.

2. Vice President, Senes Erzik
    Mr. Erzik is a project manager for UNICEF. Johan Cruyff is listed as his idol on Fifa.com.

3. Deputy Vice President, Angel Maria Villar
    If you don't know what Villarato is, look it up. This man has been a source of controversy for favouring Barcelona for a long time.

UEFA Referees Committee:
    1. Chairman, Angel Maria Villar
    2. Deputy Chairman, Senes Erzik

Yes, the same two from above.

UEFA Judicial and Discipline Committee
    1. Adjunct President: Angel Maria Villar
    2. Josep Vilaseca Guasch (ex-Barcelona director)

All coincidences, of course.
  13. Utrecht
    Moves
    09 May '11 11:46
    Conspiracy therories, I love them, but I believe your shot is too long on this. I can imagine Platini loves the game they play. I can't blame him, their game is outstanding, attractive and effective. Is it boring and predictive to see them win all the time? Yeah maybe. Tikke takke tikke and than Messi finishes it off? I love it. Do I care for Barcelona? Not a bit. But as long as they keep this bunch together, they are hard to beat for the time they haven't gone too old. Deal with it.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 May '11 12:17
    Originally posted by Sake
    Conspiracy therories, I love them, but I believe your shot is too long on this. I can imagine Platini loves the game they play. I can't blame him, their game is outstanding, attractive and effective. Is it boring and predictive to see them win all the time? Yeah maybe. Tikke takke tikke and than Messi finishes it off? I love it. Do I care for Barcelona? Not a b ...[text shortened]... is bunch together, they are hard to beat for the time they haven't gone too old. Deal with it.
    If my shot is too long, show me any other club with that much influence in refereeing in UEFA. Go ahead, quote some names and job descriptions. Instead, you talk about playing styles which are pretty much irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

The facts are there. The organigram of UEFA is public knowledge and so are the serious mistakes in favour of Barcelona. From Shevchenko's wrongly disallowed goal in 2006, to Juninho's phantom red in 2007, passing through Chelsea in 2009, Inter in 2010 and now Real Madrid in 2011.

Of course, Richard was quick to decry the widespread corruption in FIFA when the World Cup bids came along but now seems to think that talk about it is just sour grapes and that we should all just believe that such widespread corruption has no impact on the field even when it's clear key places are being assigned to key figures (of course, you chose to talk about Platini only and ignore the rest of the organigram). Talk about cognitive dissonance.
  15. Utrecht
    Moves
    10 May '11 11:23
    Villarato is a conspiracy theory from journalists supporting Madrid. Such comes to live when the opponent is too strong time after time, the defeats (a few 5-0's) and envy out of proportion. Kaka and Raul had never the idea Barcelona was in favour of the refs. Even Real agreed that Barcelona is where it is because of their game. That was before streetfighter Mourinho lost his temper. Mourinho felt mistreated in Barcelona when he was van Gaal's assistent. His pride was hurt down there. And now he's clutching at straws which makes him a terrible loser. Bad calls happen all the time in football. Also in crucial games. You only seem to remmber the ones in favour of Barcelona. What about the two descicions where the two Real players weren't sent off!
    But yes, besides Platini, all these people have some way a connection with Barcelona. Show me the proof they are corrupt. Show me the proof the refs got paid. There is none. Just a list of names.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree