1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 12:09
    Originally posted by spurs73
    The sportsmen/women perform for fans as entertainers.. this is more ture for footballers and other team sports then any other sports
    See this is where we differ in our view.

In my opinion, sport is about the players, no matter what discipline, improving themselves physically and mentally, and trying to outdo their competition, to be the best they can.

If I play gaelic football, soccer, or any other sport you care to think of, it is because of my love for that sport, my wish to improve my fitness and my sense of competition, which leads me to want to prove myself against others.

When I am on the pitch, I don't even know there are fans or not at the game. The biggest crowd I've played in front of has been about 2,000. Did I think "Oh my god, I better play better today because there are so many people I owe a performance to" or did I think "Gotta put in a performance today cos I owe it to myself for all the hard work I've put in, and I owe it to my teammates".

I find it laughable that you feel that you are owed something because you choose to spend money so you can relax on the couch watching others prove themselves.

I find it difficult to treat you as a real sports fan considering the fact that you think the only reason to play Sunday League football is to entertain the 3 or 4 people at the game. 🙄

As I say, your "me, me, me" attitude exemplifies what is wrong with English fans in general. You could learn a lot from the Irish, who invariably just get behind their team. Sure, we may boo our team after a performance, but I don't believe I've ever seen Irish fans booing their team mid-performance.

D
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 12:10
    Fans are just as much part of sports as sportsmen/women are.
    If a soccer game happens with no fans, is it no longer to be considered "sport" ? 😲

D
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 12:24
    Originally posted by Palynka
    When you buy a ticket (for any type of performance) there is a minimum of professionalism that is expected. In that sense the players do "owe" something to the spectators.

If the players on the pitch were trying hard but just having a bad day, then I would agree with you completely. But when you see them just pretending to play but really just saving themselves for the league, then surely they must expect to be booed.
    It's a fair point, but I don't believe that could truly be said about most of the players in the game against the Czechs.

The Czech Republic are a good team, the balance of the english team was wrong, and the fans were against their own team pretty much from the start.

Not a great recipe.
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 13:493 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    If a soccer game happens with no fans, is it no longer to be considered "sport" ? 😲

D
    if i may answer your last two posts reply to me on one post.

The main point you are missing is that when i play sunday league football (which i do by the way) i play for fun and dont expect people to be watching me as such.

However we are talking about professional SPORTS here not sunday league football.

When i play sunday league football..I DONT GET PAID TO PLAY IT DO I!🙄 (in fact i HAVE to pay the team for the cost of the pitch hire etc!!)

The England team GET PAID TO PLAY FOOTBALL.. its their JOB.

I am not sure why you do not understand this simple point.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 10:26
    if i may answer your last two posts reply to me on one post.

The main point you are missing is that when i play sunday league football (which i do by the way) i play for fun and dont expect people to be watching me as such.

However we are talking about professional SPORTS here not sunday league football.

When i play sunday league football..I DONT GE ...[text shortened]... TO PLAY FOOTBALL.. its their JOB.

I am not sure why you do not understand this simple point.
    I didn't realise that English players get their livelihood for playing for their country.

More booing from English "supporters" against Andorra. At half-time this time.

Anyway, it seems that the English coach, Capello, agrees with me that the English "supporters" are more of a hindrance than a help.
    ""When we play at home we don't play with a lot of confidence, so I prefer to play away from home," the England coach said."

It's a real shame that a country's "fans" are so abusive and negative that you are better off playing away from home.

I'd be embarrassed if the same could ever be said of Irish supporters.

D
  6. Santiago
    Moves
    11 Sep '08 04:17
    Hopefully, the result against Croatia will lay to rest the ghost of McLaren. And the disillusioned fans can get back to supporting the team. To be honest in recent games you would suggest they were mad forking out for the tickets.

I really hope that the new manager doesn´t fall into the trap of forcing Gerrard and Lampard into the same team.

Funny how England´s best performance for more than a decade came with Gerrard nowhere nar the side. He has probably featured in England team´s for that long. Even Fat Frank had a good game.

After Liverpool decided to have him operated on (AGAIN) instead of representing his country, perhaps he should stay out of the team. Cue some plastic scousers on here defended him and telling us how World Class he is.
  7. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    11 Sep '08 10:21
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I hereby, officially announce English soccer fans to be the worst, most unsporting fans in the world. FACT!! And I haven't even mentioned the hooligans.

D
    Hooligans in English football? Well you could certainly find some but you'd rather be stood among English fans than Napoli fans (after this week's further disgraces in the Italian domestic game).

Compared to the Irish and Scots etc the English fans have got a lot to be ashamed of but very few bricks and beatings seem to change hands these days (although I accept it hasn't gone away totally) while in Italy it's par for the course.
  8. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    11 Sep '08 12:56
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Hooligans in English football? Well you could certainly find some but you'd rather be stood among English fans than Napoli fans (after this week's further disgraces in the Italian domestic game).

Compared to the Irish and Scots etc the English fans have got a lot to be ashamed of but very few bricks and beatings seem to change hands these days (although I accept it hasn't gone away totally) while in Italy it's par for the course.
    Hooligan's to be found in large parts of Germany,Turkey,Holland,Brazil,Argentena and Colombia-Racist chantting etc in Spain,Serbia,Romania,Bulgeria,Russia the English just set the 'Ball' rolling...😛
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Sep '08 13:18
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    Hooligan's to be found in large parts of Germany,Turkey,Holland,Brazil,Argentena and Colombia-Racist chantting etc in Spain,Serbia,Romania,Bulgeria,Russia the English just set the 'Ball' rolling...😛
    Ahead of their time, you might say.

; D
  10. where angels play
    Moves
    13 Sep '08 09:13
    Originally posted by Hopster
    Hopefully, the result against Croatia will lay to rest the ghost of McLaren. And the disillusioned fans can get back to supporting the team. To be honest in recent games you would suggest they were mad forking out for the tickets.

I really hope that the new manager doesn´t fall into the trap of forcing Gerrard and Lampard into the same team.

Funny how ...[text shortened]... f the team. Cue some plastic scousers on here defended him and telling us how World Class he is.
    lol, whats up, you a bit bitter because as soon as any of your players become close to being world class, you have to sell them to a big club? Guess you dont get to see to much world class football nowadays as all your decent players have gone, ah well at least you still got Darren Bent.

Personaly i would be happy if Steven Gerrard never pulled on an england shirt ever again, international football is a joke and has been for a number a years.The fans are a disgrace, booing the players at half time and booing individuals, and the football is average at best. I just see it as somthing for the cockney scumbags to get excited about, because their own teams arnt good enough to entertain them week in week out, while the teams from the north get on with the real buisness of winning domestic and European titles.
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '08 10:231 edit
    Originally posted by Hopster

Funny how ...[text shortened]... f the team. Cue some plastic scousers on here defended him and telling us how World Class he is.
    I'll tell you what's pathetic

1. You
    2. Your views

However, do feel free to continue making an arse out of yourself - it's mildly amusing.

Cue some chippy cockney monkey banging on about "real" fans and how unlucky Geoff Thomas was for not having played in a major international tournament for England.

Run along now ... and don't forget your soapbox.
  12. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '08 10:51
    your angry
  13. Santiago
    Moves
    13 Sep '08 22:49
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    lol, whats up, you a bit bitter because as soon as any of your players become close to being world class, you have to sell them to a big club? Guess you dont get to see to much world class football nowadays as all your decent players have gone, ah well at least you still got Darren Bent.

Personaly i would be happy if Steven Gerrard never pulled on ...[text shortened]... the teams from the north get on with the real buisness of winning domestic and European titles.
    Darren Bent doesn´t and has never played for Palace?
  14. Santiago
    Moves
    13 Sep '08 22:53
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    I'll tell you what's pathetic

1. You
    2. Your views

However, do feel free to continue making an arse out of yourself - it's mildly amusing.

Cue some chippy cockney monkey banging on about "real" fans and how unlucky Geoff Thomas was for not having played in a major international tournament for England.

Run along now ... and don't forget your soapbox.
    I see Gerrard came on for Liverpool.

Disgraceful traitor. Please don´t pick him for England ever again.

Doesn´t matter how you insult me. It is there for everyone to see. Big clubs only in it for themselves.

My views represent the vast majority of football fans, not those only interest in their glory boys. It is not football you watch these days. It is disneyland. So what if you beat the Mancs, it is all much of a muchness in the plastic top four world you inhabit.
  15. Santiago
    Moves
    13 Sep '08 22:55
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    how unlucky Geoff Thomas was for not having played in a major international tournament for England..
    If Gerrard returns to the England fold we may not make the next major International tournament.

Even Frankie Boy had a good game without the scouse whining in his ear.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree