1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 19:12
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Which includes India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. That's three of the top seven countries by population. Not easy for anything to 'dwarf' that.
    uhhh...China, Japan, Brazil, USA, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Colmbia, Cuba, Canada, Australia, Argentina, Domincan Republic, Greece, Spain, Taipei, Korea, Panama, Netherlands, Italy, Puerto Rico, Armenia, Austria, Bahamas, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, BVI, Chile, Croatia, Ecuador, Denmark, Estonia, El Salvador, Guam, Hong Kong, Germany...to name just a few.

But, I guess those countries don't count. Because, as we all know, if it isn't in the London papers next to a picture of Katie Price it didn't really happen...
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 19:26
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I imagine a lot of those bats get sold to the thriving S&M comunity in the UK.
    Not to mention pub decorations.
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 19:37
    uhhh...China, Japan, Brazil, USA, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Colmbia, Cuba, Canada, Australia, Argentina, Domincan Republic, Greece, Spain, Taipei, Korea, Panama, Netherlands, Italy, Puerto Rico, Armenia, Austria, Bahamas, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, BVI, Chile, Croatia, Ecuador, Denmark, Estonia, El Salvador, Guam, Hong Kong, Germany...to name just a few. ...[text shortened]... if it isn't in the London papers next to a picture of Katie Price it didn't really happen...
    Real smart, trying to slip Australia as a country that doesn't play cricket.
  4. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 19:51
    just out of curiosity... is cricket an olympic sport?
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 19:55
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Real smart, trying to slip Australia as a country that doesn't play cricket.
    No, my brain-washed believer in the superiority of your parochial little country, that's a list of places that play Baseball!
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 19:58
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    just out of curiosity... is cricket an olympic sport?
    It was in the Olympics once. I think in Paris in 1924.

There were two teams competing:

1. An english club team representing england.

2. A group of players from the British Consulate in Paris who "represented" France.

England won!!

Since then there hasn't been enough interest to try it again. I guess there isn't room with the more popular sports like synchronized swimming, archery, volleyball, badmitton, horse shoes, etc.
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 20:25
    I gotta say, your posts are freakin hilarious! I haven't laughed this hard in quite awhile, thanks 😲
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 20:29
    Funny to see that Red Night replies to all posts but mine where I ask for the link of that improbable stats.
  9. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 20:32
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I gotta say, your posts are freakin hilarious! I haven't laughed this hard in quite awhile, thanks 😲
    Thanks.

I've lost all patience with the perpetual posts regarding "rounders" and "1 billion Indians playing cricket"

In the words of the greatest Cricketeer ever to stand around daintily sipping tea in a pair of crisp white knickers,

"Cricket could learn a lot from Baseball. Baseball has more snap and dash than cricket." Donald Bradman
  10. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 20:33
    No, my brain-washed believer in the superiority of your parochial little country, that's a list of places that play Baseball!
    It was a list of places where baseball was meant to dwarf cricket.

I think to include Australia is almost as stupid as thinking that volleyball is way more popular in the world than soccer.

Of course I think I am superior to you, but so is my dog. Why does it upset you so much to see that our old empire enjoys playing the colonial game so much?
  11. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 20:37
    It was a list of places where baseball was meant to dwarf cricket.

I think to include Australia is almost as stupid as thinking that volleyball is way more popular in the world than soccer.

Of course I think I am superior to you, but so is my dog. Why does it upset you so much to see that our old empire enjoys playing the colonial game so much?
    1. I made the list - I guess I sould know what it's supposed to mean.

2. I can't be responsible for your thoughts.

3. I think it's wonderful that a handful of backwaters of a once proud empire continue to engage in the quaint custom of Cricket.
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 20:38
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Funny to see that Red Night replies to all posts but mine where I ask for the link of that improbable stats.
    Google "world's most popular sports"
  13. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 21:08
    Google "world's most popular sports"
    google "worlds most popular sports"

Do not at ANY TIME use any common sense.

Do not think: "wow over 1 billion people in India it's their most popular sport, yet over 100 times more people in the world go Dragon boat racing, than play cricket. Wow For every cricket player there are 3,000 volleyball players."

Do not think: "Rednight has not got a brain if he believes that volleyball is by far the most popular sport in the world"

Do not think: "wow 1 in 7 people in the world play volleyball, There must be billions of pensioners and babies everywhere joining volleyball teams."

Please do not laugh at Rednights posts, he has issues.

He seems to link the fact that England losing at cricket to our ex-colonial partners confirms our sense of superiority. I don't quite understand why but I am sure he has a very good reason.
  14. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 21:13
    google "worlds most popular sports"

Do not at ANY TIME use any common sense.

Do not think: "wow over 1 billion people in India it's their most popular sport, yet over 100 times more people in the world go Dragon boat racing, than play cricket. Wow For every cricket player there are 3,000 volleyball players."

Do not think: "Rednight has not go ...[text shortened]... of superiority. I don't quite understand why but I am sure he has a very good reason.
    You would think that someone from England would be able to speak English.

Were you injured in some sort of horrific accident?
  15. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 21:16
    Were you injured in some sort of horrific accident?
    My guess would be in this bus crash of a thread... I'm surprised you're not hurt either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree