English just don't get it...

English just don't get it...

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by rhb
My guess would be in this bus crash of a thread... I'm surprised you're not hurt either.
Zing!

p

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by Red Night
You would think that someone from England would be able to speak English.

Were you injured in some sort of horrific accident?
Speak English? On a forum? Those voices you hear, they are not from me.

I know you claim you are not reponsible for my thoughts about your stupidity, but I'm afraid you are very responsible.

India is a backwater, England a little Island, Volleyball is the big world game. Dragon boat racing rules! So very smart Red Night.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by petrosianpupil
Speak English? On a forum? Those voices you hear, they are not from me.

I know you claim you are not reponsible for my thoughts about your stupidity, but I'm afraid you are very responsible.

India is a backwater, England a little Island, Volleyball is the big world game. Dragon boat racing rules! So very smart Red Night.
I didn't come up with the list, I took it off of a swedish website.

Go dispute it with them.

When you have a chance, pull out an atlas or look at a globe. You will be amazed to learn that there is more to the world than India, England, and Australia.

There is in fact a whole big wide world out there where they don't play cricket.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
30 Apr 07

I believe people like whatever sport they grew up with.. I have direct relatives in England who speak very highly of American sports, particularly baseball and football.

Personally, I think soccer is coma-inducing. Any sport that allows 0 to 0 after 3 hours of rubber necking should be restructured.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by rhb
Zing!
If no one else will compliment your post...do it yourself!

Too bad you can't wreck yourself.

m

Moves
30 Apr 07
1 edit

uhhh...China, Japan, Brazil, USA, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Colmbia, Cuba, Canada, Australia, Argentina, Domincan Republic, Greece, Spain, Taipei, Korea, Panama, Netherlands, Italy, Puerto Rico, Armenia, Austria, Bahamas, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, BVI, Chile, Croatia, Ecuador, Denmark, Estonia, El Salvador, Guam, Hong Kong, Germany...to name just a few.
Oh yes, that's plenty. But it doesn't really 'dwarf' India.

And factor in that cricket is by far the biggest sport in the three countries I mentioned, and only football makes it look small. But football makes everything look small.

Sorry to introduce a bit of reason in the thread.

p

Moves
30 Apr 07

I didn't come up with the list, I took it off of a swedish website.

Go dispute it with them.

When you have a chance, pull out an atlas or look at a globe. You will be amazed to learn that there is more to the world than India, England, and Australia.

There is in fact a whole big wide world out there where they don't play cricket.
I have never made claims that cricket is played all over the world. Personally i hate the game, always have.

It is you who are stupid enough to think baseball is a world game.

At least when Cricket has a world cup it is more that North America. Talk about stupid arrogance, world series baseball? Look at that globe of yours and tell me how big is that WORLD series?

But as you point out Holland, Germany, Australia they go crazy for the baseball. Hate soccer, can't move for people playing baseball.

True I thought India playing cricket was a good point, but when you came back with Guam! Well I realised Guam! that must seal it Baseball is almost as big as volleyball. What is the population of Guam to the nearest billion?

Still you are learning, trying to distance yourself from the ridiculous stats you are peddling. Next you will take the blame for making everyone think you are stupid.

u
semper fi

Moves
30 Apr 07

I have never made claims that cricket is played all over the world. Personally i hate the game, always have.

It is you who are stupid enough to think baseball is a world game.

At least when Cricket has a world cup it is more that North America. Talk about stupid arrogance, world series baseball? Look at that globe of yours and tell me how big i ...[text shortened]... stats you are peddling. Next you will take the blame for making everyone think you are stupid.
so bottom line then... which is more popular baseball or cricket?

p

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by usmc7257
so bottom line then... which is more popular baseball or cricket?
I not a fan of either so I would not like to comment yet. I'll get back to you on that.

A lot of people in East Asia like baseball.

A lot of people in the Indian sub continent love cricket.

All i know for certain is that Red night is an idiot.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Apr 07

First intelligent thing you have said.

p

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by SmookieP
I believe people like whatever sport they grew up with.. I have direct relatives in England who speak very highly of American sports, particularly baseball and football.

Personally, I think soccer is coma-inducing. Any sport that allows 0 to 0 after 3 hours of rubber necking should be restructured.
Good point. I watched American football for a while. Stayed up all night and saw Montana make history.

I learnt a lot about the amazing athleticism and the game is awesome when you get into it. Trouble is with all the breaks, it is designed to be watched with mates to talk through plays etc. In England at 2 a.m. in the morning its hard to find your mates. It is a long game.

I love soccer, but that was not always the case and I can understand it if you get bored. it has many faults, diving and cheating often wins the day.

But soccer is the world game and its beauty is its simplicity. For a nation to win the world cup it is an unbelievable dream.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by mtthw
Oh yes, that's plenty. But it doesn't really 'dwarf' India.

And factor in that cricket is by far the biggest sport in the three countries I mentioned, and only football makes it look small. But football makes everything look small.

Sorry to introduce a bit of reason in the thread.
No question football is huge.

In my mind it has to be the # 1 "spectator sport"

Now we've been down this road before. In terms of participation you get these strange stats about Volleyball and Ping-Pong.

the ping pongers come out with the same sort of reasoning as the cricketeers. "A billion chinese play ping-pong"

Volleyball showed up high on that list as well. Asian countries like volleyball. lots of women play volleyball as well. Until a few years ago very few women played football. And I would guess very few play cricket, baseball, or american football.

I would love to find a source that gave definitive stats on participation, particularly baseball versus cricket. Obviously, it is up to us baseball fans to find that info since no cricketeer is likely to want to find the sad truth about his sport.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
30 Apr 07

First intelligent thing you have said.
He's one up on you then.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by rhb
He's one up on you then.
That was pretty good, rhb!

Congratulations! Go take a doughnut from the nurse's station and jon the others for bingo. You've done well.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
30 Apr 07

That was pretty good, rhb!

Congratulations! Go take a doughnut from the nurse's station and jon the others for bingo. You've done well.
Do I get another go if I point out your typo, Jon?