1. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 01:36
    Anyone else think the even watching the Bundesliga is now better than watching the EPL?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 03:10
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    Anyone else think the even watching the Bundesliga is now better than watching the EPL?
    watching the SPL is better, last week there were awesome games, two with penalty saves, goals galore, some spectacular, minnows against giants, amazing comebacks, honestly i dont really like football but i liked watching the highlights to those games. Unless it is a real grudge match EPL is pants!
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 07:35
    Try following the Lyon, Marseille, and Bordeaux matches as well.

Nice stuff, I tell you.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 16:17
    be careful, you might get castrated for suggesting such a thing.

What makes you say EPL isn't as good now?
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 17:01
    with the league being more open than ever and the national team playing better than they have for about 10yrs, feels like the league is better than ever. although the money and debt flying around off the pitch is worrying.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 22:32
    No your talking nonsense, the EPL is still the best and most exciting league in the world!

The Bundesliga has become exciting though, as for the SPL real football fans wouldn't waste their time with it

In any case you can't really properly compare leagues as your always going to be biast towards the league your own favourite team plays in!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 22:552 edits
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    No your talking nonsense, the EPL is still the best and most exciting league in the world!

The Bundesliga has become exciting though, as for the SPL real football fans wouldn't waste their time with it

In any case you can't really properly compare leagues as your always going to be biast towards the league your own favourite team plays in!
    did you watch the games from the SPL? perhaps you can post the ones that were not entertaining? watching the ELP is like watching paint dry on an artic trawling boat while listening to the ice melt, the most exciting in the world, haha it is to laugh! who cares about real football fans when chocolate santa ones have an equally valid opinion? all you can state with any certainty is that you find it more exciting, nothing else!
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 00:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    did you watch the games from the SPL? perhaps you can post the ones that were not entertaining? watching the ELP is like watching paint dry on an artic trawling boat while listening to the ice melt, the most exciting in the world, haha it is to laugh! who cares about real football fans when chocolate santa ones have an equally valid opinion? all you can state with any certainty is that you find it more exciting, nothing else!
    no offense robbie but the spl sucks monkey balls... especially this season, the quality is so poor it's painful to watch.

the hibs - hearts game last week was ok but other than that i haven't seen a decent game all season. (missed celtic - falkirk)
  9. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 01:18

But "my" team is AC Milan? Serie A is far from the best though. It's probably one of the most technical, but geez it can be boring.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 01:443 edits
    Originally posted by trev33
    no offense robbie but the spl sucks monkey balls... especially this season, the quality is so poor it's painful to watch.

the hibs - hearts game last week was ok but other than that i haven't seen a decent game all season. (missed celtic - falkirk)
    th Celtic, Falkirk games was a cracker, little minnows hassling Celtic, Aiden McGeady missing a penalty, heroes and zeroes, best game id seen for ages, some amazing goals scored in the SPL last week. you haven't seen a decent game because like Mr real football fan above, you dont watch them! I dont really enjoy football that much, used to when Celtic were doing well in Europe, but i was pleasantly surprised by last weeks games. check out even the lanarkshire derby, Motherwell and Hamilton accies, sending offs, rash tackles, accies down to ten men and winning, Motherwell fighting like daemon possessed men trying to restore their pride, penalty saves and everything! it was awesome, none of that mince one tends to be dished up south of the border, where teams cancel each other out and a single goal decides the day, yawn yawn!

watch this and tell me its not entertaining,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/default.stm
  11. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 15:05
    Is it not slightly ironic that Robbie Carrobie is extolling the virtues of the SPL the day after the only 2 sides in Jockland were refused entry into the finest league in the World?

😉
  12. England
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 15:25
    Originally posted by blade68
    Is it not slightly ironic that Robbie Carrobie is extolling the virtues of the SPL the day after the only 2 sides in Jockland were refused entry into the finest league in the World?

😉
    whats the betting that it comes around again.. As it was the lower clubs voted no.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 16:031 edit
    Originally posted by blade68

😉
    finest league in the world, so fine that the finest players in the world would rather play in Spain or Italy! i had to feel my bum a second time to make sure it actually was an attempt at humour and not a serious comment. however, on topic, we in Gods own country, the land of the free and brave are glad that the old firm were rejected, for it would have meant, certain death for the SPL and the fine entertainment that it provides. One could only imagine with horror, the banality of watching Celtic and Rangers play teams like Portsmouth, Hull City and Wolves. The irony is of course, not that they were rejected, but that these purveyors of the ordinary, the bottom feeding members of the EPL should receive advertising money to continue their mediocrity! Plus, and we should not diminish this, they have no songs to sing! only the mighty Liverpool have any real songs to sing!
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 17:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You need to get yourself a pair of Glassess, as an example I don't like Arsenil but I accept their a joy to watch play most of the time...the same way as ManU were last season...if the EPL wasn' exciting then why is it watched by a few hundreth million people at least all over the world?

The SPL is as bad as league of Ireland football, in case you haven't noticed theirs ONLY 2 TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE, and that will never change! How can a league with just two teams be a good league? It's a rubbish league and every genuine football fan in the world would agree!!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 02:026 edits
    You need to get yourself a pair of Glassess, as an example I don't like Arsenil but I accept their a joy to watch play most of the time...the same way as ManU were last season...if the EPL wasn' exciting then why is it watched by a few hundreth million people at least all over the world?

The SPL is as bad as league of Ireland football, in case you haven' ...[text shortened]... good league? It's a rubbish league and every genuine football fan in the world would agree!!
    like you would know having never watched it! the fact of the matter remains, EPL is as boring as it gets, you can count perhaps five good teams, Arsenal, Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool maybe Villa at a push, the rest reeks of mediocrity! The fact of the matter remains, Celtic and Rangers have a bigger fan base than almost all of these teams with the exception of Man Utd, and had they the same sponsorship opportunities as the bottom feeders and the revenue they would become bigger than any of these purveyors of mediocrity, get over it, you're league stinks and most of the teams are pure mince! Genuine football fans are looking elsewhere, i dont know if you caught the opening comments of the original poster, but ummm he is looking elsewhere, i would rather watch Spanish or German football, man i would even prefer to watch a test match on a rainy day!

SPL is more entertaining than any league, we got everything the modern fan could desire, rash challenges, fights, penalty saves, grudge matches, spectacular shots, sending off's, ten men comebacks, minnows v giants, old firm religious and political bigotry, decent songs, gorgeous streakers, managers sliding on their bums after goals, you name it we have it! All you got in the EPL is Rafa bitching about Fergie, and Fergie bitchin about referees, and Wenger bitchin about Fergie bitchin about referees, bunch of Pansies!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree