Fading English Premier League?

Fading English Premier League?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
oh please, must we battle against ignorance our entire lives! Ask someone like Matt, he shall confirm that cricket was originally derived from the French game croquet, and the people of Orkney have been playing an ancient derivative of football for centuries before the Angles got hold of it and tried to make it their own. I have provided both reason and reference, if would like to contest these my friend, then be my guest!
Football
Cricket
Rugby
Snooker
Darts
Tennis
Queensbury rules Boxing
Just a few English invented games for you to mull over while you adjust your hem line on your skirt

πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

rc

Moves
20 Nov 09

please there is no substantiating evidence to suggest any of these were ever invented by our cousins south of the border, maybe they could just about get away with tiddlywinks , but that's about it! Ask Matt, i am telling you , Cricket was stolen from the French, football from the Scots.

In your face

Moves
20 Nov 09

i provide references, analogies, illustrations, examples, reasoning, logic and more, if by then my word has has not made any progress, what is one expected to do? i dont want to give up on you people just yet for i wish for you to get back to your roots, of nobility and mannerly behaviour, of fair play and acting like Englishman, but alas, i feel th ...[text shortened]... e a cultural vacuum! what would Harold, the last Saxon king thing of your scurrilous behaviour?
Well perhaps your energies would be better spent, educating your fellow football fans how to behave while travelling abroad, to cup finals. Tsk tsk.

s

6yd box

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by jimslyp69
Well perhaps your energies would be better spent, educating your fellow football fans how to behave while travelling abroad, to cup finals. Tsk tsk.
AMMMMMMMMMM! Bit of a shacky ground there jimsly- lets not forget how the so called 'english' fans perform when they follow the teamπŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜΅πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

In your face

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by spurs73
AMMMMMMMMMM! Bit of a shacky ground there jimsly- lets not forget how the so called 'english' fans perform when they follow the teamπŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜΅πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
Ah well. I was just thinking about the riots in Manchester, 18 months ago. I don't recall English fans behaving in such a way for a long long time.

p

Moves
20 Nov 09
1 edit

please there is no substantiating evidence to suggest any of these were ever invented by our cousins south of the border, maybe they could just about get away with tiddlywinks , but that's about it! Ask Matt, i am telling you , Cricket was stolen from the French, football from the Scots.
Copper wire was invented by two Scots men arguing over a penny !!!
Sad tale of the Scots man found dead in a toilet in Melbourne [Australia].
He accidently locked himself in a out side toilet and for 4 days screamed ...." I CAN GA ROOT !! ... I CAN GA ROOT !!!
[ i can't get out ,.. in English ] After 5 days the police came and found him dead . The locals said . .... " We thought it was a Scotsman admiring the local Kangaroo's😡😡😡😡

rc

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by phil3000
Copper wire was invented by two Scots men arguing over a penny !!!
Sad tale of the Scots man found dead in a toilet in Melbourne [Australia].
He accidently locked himself in a out side toilet and for 4 days screamed ...." I CAN GA ROOT !! ... I CAN GA ROOT !!!
[ i can't get out ,.. in English ] After 5 days the police came and found him dead . ...[text shortened]... he locals said . .... " We thought it was a Scotsman admiring the local Kangaroo's😡😡😡😡
i see, still no evidence? then the statement stands and your house is abandoned to you!

rc

Moves
20 Nov 09
1 edit

Ah well. I was just thinking about the riots in Manchester, 18 months ago. I don't recall English fans behaving in such a way for a long long time.
you dont recall English fans behaving in that way? oh my goodness, i had to feel my bum and my wife's to make sure i wasn't dreaming! i spoke to many fans, who gave eye witness testimony that the trouble was started by Chelsea fans, who had deliberately, yes that is correct, deliberately travelled there to provoked riots!

p

Moves
20 Nov 09

you dont recall English fans behaving in that way? oh my goodness, i had to feel my bum and my wife's to make sure i wasn't dreaming! i spoke to many fans, who gave eye witness testimony that the trouble was started by Chelsea fans, who had deliberately, yes that is correct, deliberately travelled there to provoked riots!
I think i have heard it all now !!!
When you felt your bum and your wife's bum , which one of you lifted the skirt ?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Nov 09
1 edit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_cricket_to_1725

Read, digest, learn. I know you find it hard but try your best.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_cricket_to_1725

Read, digest, learn. I know you find it hard but try your best.
as per usual one is content to delve into the realms of 'its a mystery' and we really dont know', as if one was trying to explain the emergence of life from non living matter in a pre organic soup, while others, like me, must slash through the thickets of ignorance as one does vines in the jungle, in order to ascertain the truth.

The precise origins of cricket, and even of its name, remain unclear. Some manuscripts from the 12th and 13th centuries show diagrams of early forms of cricket. Written evidence exists for a sport known as creag being played by Prince Edward, the son of King Edward I, in England in around 1300.

A number of words are thought to be possible sources for the term cricket, which could refer to the bat or the wicket. In old French, the word criquet meant a kind of club which probably gave its name to croquet. Some believe that cricket and croquet have a common origin. In Flemish, krick(e) means a stick, and, in old English, cricc or cryce means a crutch or staff.

Alternatively, the French criquet apparently comes from the Flemish word krickstoel, which is a long low stool on which one kneels in church which may appear similar to the long low wicket with two stumps used in early cricket, or the early stool in stoolball. The word stool is old Sussex dialect for a tree stump, and stool ball is a sport similar to cricket played by the Dutch.

Either stolen from the French, the Dutch or the Flemish!

In your face

Moves
20 Nov 09

Ahh man. Your wind up sense of humour tickles me pink. Thank you for making me laugh so much these last couple of days.

rc

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by phil3000
I think i have heard it all now !!!
When you felt your bum and your wife's bum , which one of you lifted the skirt ?
its true, many Rangers fans stated that there were Chelsea fans present, what were they doing there, but to cause trouble? the reason we wear kilts is so that we can mooney you people with ease, for we know how it must tantalise you gaylords!

rc

Moves
20 Nov 09
2 edits

Ahh man. Your wind up sense of humour tickles me pink. Thank you for making me laugh so much these last couple of days.
i despair! it is in vain that i try to lay the truth before you people! if it makes you smile, it is enough for me, for God knows there is enough misery in the world πŸ™‚

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Nov 09
1 edit

as per usual one is content to delve into the realms of 'its a mystery' and we really dont know', as if one was trying to explain the emergence of life from non living matter in a pre organic soup, while others, like me, must slash through the thickets of ignorance as one does vines in the jungle, in order to ascertain the truth.

The precise origi ...[text shortened]... r to cricket played by the Dutch.

Either stolen from the French, the Dutch or the Flemish!
In short the name could be French, Dutch or of Flemish origin. But read the top of the page, as usual the bit that contradicts your theory you conveniently leave out.

The most widely accepted theory about the origin of cricket is that it developed in early medieval times among the farming and metalworking communities of the Weald, which lies across part of Kent and Sussex. These counties and neighbouring Surrey were the earliest centres of excellence and that it was from there that the game quickly reached London, where its lasting popularity was ensured, and other southern counties like Berkshire, Essex, Hampshire and Middlesex.