1. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 12:55
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    In that case I could go on a rant saying that the league of Ireland is more exciting then the La Liga, then when someone disagrees I can say have you watched the Irish league? and if they haven't I win my argument...it's great when you can just state things without needing pointless things like facts!

I don't need to watch Scottish football to know it's r ...[text shortened]... up, at the bottom of course..I think you'd find a very different story with English teams!
    i have at once stated why i think that it is more entertaining, did you miss the why? i even posted a link to an SPL game to illustrate the point, did you also miss that as well? therefore seeing that you have not watched nor taken the time to understand any of the points, and instead, insist to recommend your prejudices as if waving a banner to the queen, i have no alternative but to tell you to get Bent Larsen as well. it is a matter of opinion, an evaluation with ones own mind, therefore your unsubstantiated assertion that you have won some type of competition on the basis of 'facts', sums up everything that i have been saying and i could not have provided a better synopsis had i tried, you remain in your deluded state and only shaftings galore shall bring you out of it, but even then, no doubt you shall claim a moral victory, and that truly is delusional!! your league is a crashing bore and that is that!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 13:01
    Originally posted by blade68
    The reason why there's so many English up there is 'cos they're descendants of the English soldiers that conquered your little country countless times, shagged your ginger haired women, drank your Tennants Extra, and 'gave' you the English language to communicate with...

It wasn't for the English, you'd still be living in mud huts, spearing wild boar, and grunting at each other - that said, I've been to Fyfe...
    actually if i remember correctly, we kicked your butts and sent you home at the Battle of Bannock burn, less than thirty minutes from my home, peace be upon it!, as for education, is it not ironic that your royalty sends it members to our universities for their education? oh how all those Angles in the highlands must long to see the beauty of the meadow hall centre, resplendently glistening in the sun and majestically rising up through the midst! read it and weep blade dude, your toast!
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 13:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually if i remember correctly, we kicked your butts and sent you home at the Battle of Bannock burn, less than thirty minutes from my home, peace be upon it!, as for education, is it not ironic that your royalty sends it members to our universities for their education? oh how all those Angles in the highlands must long to see the beauty of the me ...[text shortened]... the sun and majestically rising up through the midst! read it and weep blade dude, your toast!
    Hang on a minute...they're not my Royal Family, they're bloody Germans as far as I'm concerned.
    ...and Meadowhall is not a place I visit if I can help it, it's architecture holds no appeal for me - the industrial chimneys that once graced the east end of Sheffield are like a bereaved brother to me...
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 05:52
    and it has what to do with you? that is correct, centre of a doughnut, the biggest fattest doughnut that you can think of. Actually i have mousy brown hair, wear trousers, drink wine and prefer vegetables and have never tried a deep fried mars bar in my entire life, but then again, cultural stereotypes were never my thing either, therefore can i su ...[text shortened]... cading down a marzipan fountain surrounded by a marshmallow moat and get double bent this time!!
    3 edits? Must have got you riled.

Surely the fatness/thickness of a doughnut has no direct correlation to the hole in the middle? You know, the nothing .. the bit you're trying to emphasize the size of.

Try harder or just give up.

PS - Vegetables? They don't even sell vegetables in Scotland. You mean to say that you import them for personal consumption?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 09:44
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    3 edits? Must have got you riled.

Surely the fatness/thickness of a doughnut has no direct correlation to the hole in the middle? You know, the nothing .. the bit you're trying to emphasize the size of.

Try harder or just give up.

PS - Vegetables? They don't even sell vegetables in Scotland. You mean to say that you import them for personal consumption?
    perhaps you should go for a job as an edit policeman, i can here you know, 'whats all this then', three edits, lets be avin yeh!'. My goodness have you never edited anything?, perhaps you only watch unedited films, read unedited books! the fatness and thickness was to help your rather scant powers of imagination, and talking of vegetables, well i think we need look no further......... it was fun for a while however i am sorry but i am thoroughly bored with the whole thing, blade was feisty but uninspired, phil was relatively funny, well relative to eeyore the donkey that is, and you, well you cannot tell the difference between some light hearted banter and getting personal, therefore i shall say nothing more about this, unless asked a direct question.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 11:38
    i have at once stated why i think that it is more entertaining, did you miss the why? i even posted a link to an SPL game to illustrate the point, did you also miss that as well? therefore seeing that you have not watched nor taken the time to understand any of the points, and instead, insist to recommend your prejudices as if waving a banner to th ...[text shortened]... oral victory, and that truly is delusional!! your league is a crashing bore and that is that!
    Your point was that their was awesome games, two with penalty saves, goals galore, some spectacular, minnows against giants, amazing comebacks, to be honest I could argue that you get this kind of excitement all the time in the Championship, at least with the championship theirs loads of teams fighting for the top 2 spots, with almost half the league with a chance of getting into the play-offs.

I am currently sitting beside a Celtic fan who also agrees that the Scottish league is rubbish, the FACT is the standard of football is way behind the EPL and that's what matters! If this is not true then why are the only two good teams in Scotland desperate to get into the EPL?

You believe the EPL is boreing, I'm just pointing out that your in a tiny minority, we both know which league is more popular worldwide. By the way it's not my league, as unlike you I'm not from a country that's under English rule.

Oh your link...really...to be honest I could also find a link of some exciting moments in the American league, or even in the Hungarian or Romanian league, but what's the point in supporting leagues where any good player that's produced will leave your club the next year?

I accept it's all down to opinion but what happens is someone watches some La Liga football and they decide that in their opinion that Spanish football is boreing, would this persons opinion be worth listening to?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 12:20
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Your point was that their was awesome games, two with penalty saves, goals galore, some spectacular, minnows against giants, amazing comebacks, to be honest I could argue that you get this kind of excitement all the time in the Championship, at least with the championship theirs loads of teams fighting for the top 2 spots, with almost half the league with a ...[text shortened]... nion that Spanish football is boreing, would this persons opinion be worth listening to?
    Ok, let me help you out with a chess analogy. When one watches a game of chess at the top level, say the last world championship, Anand v Kramnik, one is watching chess of the highest calibre, two great players, battling for supremacy. However if you shall notice, having looked at the world championship matches, they are fairly banal and uninteresting affairs. The level of play was outstanding and never in question, however, it cannot be said that they were entertaining, no no, let us be quite clear. In many instances the level of play of both players is so high, that it cancels each other out and we are left with a preponderance of draws! This of course cannot be said of all matches at the highest level, for instance Magnus Carlsen plays some exceptionally entertaining chess. Many of the most instructive and interesting chess matches that i have enjoyed, have not been at grandmaster level, but have been played amongst amateurs, for here the propensity for mistakes is greater and thus we get wild sacrifices, king chases, speculative sacrifices, outlandish mates etc etc. If I use the same analogy and apply it to the EPL, can i not conclude that simply because the level of play is higher, does not necessitate that the games shall be more entertaining. I think i can?
  8. In your face
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 18:091 edit
    Ok, let me help you out with a chess analogy. When one watches a game of chess at the top level, say the last world championship, Anand v Kramnik, one is watching chess of the highest calibre, two great players, battling for supremacy. However if you shall notice, having looked at the world championship matches, they are fairly banal and uninterest ...[text shortened]... play is higher, does not necessitate that the games shall be more entertaining. I think i can?
    Working on this logic, watching Summerseat Special School under 7's should be by far the most entertaining football in the world, if that's the kind of entertainment that you're into...

Your argument that the entertainment value of a game is comensurate with the uncertainty of a its outcome, due to the ineptitude of those participating in it is a poor one at the very least. I think you're just clutching at straws just to justify your original unsubstantiated claims.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 18:483 edits
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Working on this logic, watching Summerseat Special School under 7's should be by far the most entertaining football in the world, if that's the kind of entertainment that you're into...

Your argument that the uncertainty of a game's outcome, due to the ineptitude of those participating in it, is a poor one at the very least. I think you're just clutching at straws just to justify your original unsubstantiated claims.
    no, this is clearly an erroneous and unfounded statement, for you are as yet confusing level of play with entertainment value, the two as i have pointed out are not synonymous, for as has clearly been stated, there are many top level football matches which are utterly devoid of entertainment and quite banal, therefore for your assertion to be correct, good players must equal good entertainment, clearly not the case! also it seems to me, that it is quite apparent and self evident that there are degrees of value , thus just as one may watch a top level match and be utterly disappointed despite the players being of good repute, if the play is so thoroughly deficient because of the complete inadequacies of the players, this too detracts from its value as entertainment, therefore i suggest that you think about what it is you are stating, before the wheels of your chariot begin to fall off, and dissipate into nothingness, as smoke rings of the mind!

if you shall not take my word for it, i also suggest you visit the chess only forum, where there is a post of a game from the world junior championship, girls under ten!
  10. In your face
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 19:04
    no, this is clearly an erroneous and unfounded statement, for you are as yet confusing level of play with entertainment value, the two as i have pointed out are not synonymous, for as has clearly been stated, there are many top level football matches which are utterly devoid of entertainment and quite banal, therefore for your assertion to be correct ...[text shortened]... only forum, where there is a post of a game from the world junior championship, girls under ten!
    Lol. You really are one for making a drama out of things. Rings of smoke? Wheels of chariots? I did not make any assertions other than your logic is floored. Agreed, some top level games, where two sides give each other too much respect, can be a drag, but there are many top level games that have been absolute thrillers. You can carry on making these false, biased claims until the cows come home, but I know that you are spouting haggis mate, as I'm sure you do too.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 20:091 edit
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Lol. You really are one for making a drama out of things. Rings of smoke? Wheels of chariots? I did not make any assertions other than your logic is floored. Agreed, some top level games, where two sides give each other too much respect, can be a drag, but there are many top level games that have been absolute thrillers. You can carry on making these false ...[text shortened]... until the cows come home, but I know that you are spouting haggis mate, as I'm sure you do too.
    i provide references, analogies, illustrations, examples, reasoning, logic and more, if by then my word has has not made any progress, what is one expected to do? i dont want to give up on you people just yet for i wish for you to get back to your roots, of nobility and mannerly behaviour, of fair play and acting like Englishman, but alas, i feel that these traits which made you revered around the world have been eroded, leaving in its wake a cultural vacuum! what would Harold, the last Saxon king thing of your scurrilous behaviour?
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 10:03
    i provide references, analogies, illustrations, examples, reasoning, logic and more, if by then my word has has not made any progress, what is one expected to do? i dont want to give up on you people just yet for i wish for you to get back to your roots, of nobility and mannerly behaviour, of fair play and acting like Englishman, but alas, i feel th ...[text shortened]... e a cultural vacuum! what would Harold, the last Saxon king thing of your scurrilous behaviour?
    To be honest Robbie i am suprised you watch football with it being an English invention !
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 10:57
    Originally posted by phil3000
    To be honest Robbie i am suprised you watch football with it being an English invention !
    i do not believe it was an English invention whatsoever, in fact, i believe it to be Scottish, the English have invented nothing! They stole cricket from the French and football from the Scots. This may be another aspect of your delusional state that also needs to be cleared up!

read this and then let me hear you make another outrageous claim!!

A 1711 manuscript of the book - written in 1663 - was stored in the Scottish National Library, in Aberdeen.

"The book is the first evidence we have come across of a passing game with goalkeepers and players passing the ball to score goals. The other interesting thing is that the FA was not formed until 1863. In the first FA rule book there is no mention of goalkeepers and the game is based more on a rugby-type structure, where players could not pass the ball forward. Scotland has a fantastic claim to have developed the modern game. It is frankly an amazing discovery and one which is hard to dispute", said Richard McBrearty, the curator of the Scottish Football Museum.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Football-was-invented-in-Scotland-26546.shtml
  14. 6yd box
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 14:58
    [b]i do not believe it was an English invention whatsoever, in fact, i believe it to be Scottish, the English have invented nothing! They stole cricket from the French and football from the Scots. This may be another aspect of your delusional state that also needs to be cleared up!
    come on Robbie mate- i do enjoy your posts- but u cant skirt round the facts.

Both Football and cricket were invented by the English- that is just FACT mate- its part of sports history. Its silly to have an argument about this subject.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 15:221 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73
    come on Robbie mate- i do enjoy your posts- but u cant skirt round the facts.

Both Football and cricket were invented by the English- that is just FACT mate- its part of sports history. Its silly to have an argument about this subject.
    oh please, must we battle against ignorance our entire lives! Ask someone like Matt, he shall confirm that cricket was originally derived from the French game croquet, and the people of Orkney have been playing an ancient derivative of football for centuries before the Angles got hold of it and tried to make it their own. I have provided both reason and reference, if would like to contest these my friend, then be my guest!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree