1. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 22:19
    20m lot of money for a 23 yrs old but he has been a top flight player for several years.
    rafa says he is happy with four 15 goals strikers but you have to expect more for 20m.
    at least we are shopping in the top ranks.
    i reckon liverpool to finish second and wave mourinho on his way with his p45
    YNWA
  2. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 22:28
    moOriginally posted by scoop122
    20m lot of money for a 23 yrs old but he has been a top flight player for several years.
    rafa says he is happy with four 15 goals strikers but you have to expect more for 20m.
    YNWA
    wave mourinho on his way... scoop i do hope so🙂
  3. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 22:37
    Originally posted by wideawake
    wave mourinho on his way... scoop i do hope so🙂
    right back at you mate !
    here's hoping.
    reo coker gone for you guys. good or bad ?
  4. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 22:44
    Originally posted by scoop122
    right back at you mate !
    here's hoping.
    reo coker gone for you guys. good or bad ?
    good! his hearts not in it would much rather have scotty parker n back with curbs who will hopefully bring the best out in him again😀
  5. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 22:50
    i dont know why the likes of hargreaves and carrick are rated twice more than parker. we ahve momo and mascherano as defensive midfielders but newcastle were a poor choice for him. i think in one or two seasons he will be appreciated but just a glut of def mid at moment
  6. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 22:56
    i dont know why the likes of hargreaves and carrick are rated twice more than parker. we ahve momo and mascherano as defensive midfielders but newcastle were a poor choice for him. i think in one or two seasons he will be appreciated but just a glut of def mid at moment
    yeah prices are crazy eh? i mean henry 16m bent 17m ??? im glad we never got him, good player but very overhyped in my opinion, and whats happening to bellamy?? wouldnt mind seeing him at upton park as some reports suggest blimey bellamy,bowyer,ferdinand, red mist followed by red cards i think😵
  7. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 23:06
    we should not sell bellamy. if rafa thinks 15 goals a season are enough then bellamy will get them
  8. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 23:08
    YNWA
    A decent buy I think, however to grab second off Chelsea I think you might need to make a few more similar signings.
  9. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 23:08
    we should not sell bellamy. if rafa thinks 15 goals a season are enough then bellamy will get them
    quite agree there good striker, i really thought you were going to go in for tevez what with massc there to
  10. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 23:12
    i agree with both you guys
    we need another quality striker.
    tevez could fit the bill. not sure why we didnt go for nugent. 6m or so and if you hae torres, kuyt and crouch then he comes in as a type of understudy
  11. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 23:16
    i agree with both you guys
    we need another quality striker.
    tevez could fit the bill. not sure why we didnt go for nugent. 6m or so and if you hae torres, kuyt and crouch then he comes in as a type of understudy
    maybe, but not sure if he really would of gone there knowing the strikers you have probally thinking he'll be on the bench a lot, he's only young he'll want to go somewhere where he's playing regular football i guess
  12. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 08:08
    Originally posted by wideawake
    whats happening to bellamy?? wouldnt mind seeing him at upton park as some reports suggest
    Yours. A Twix and a packet of Quavers should cover it. He's a very good player, but he's not worth the hassle.
  13. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 08:13
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Yours. A Twix and a packet of Quavers should cover it. He's a very good player, but he's not worth the hassle.
    i do agree comes with alot of baggage🙂
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 11:12
    YNWA
    Well, he has pace, strength, good with left and right foot, good in the air, great shot and superb finisher and seems to be in the right place at the right time.

But then, he only got 14 odd goals last season in a successful side in Spain. He should be a superb addition to the premiership, but I think that Liverpool need a lot more before they'd be challenging for the top.

D
  15. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 23:32
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Well, he has pace, strength, good with left and right foot, good in the air, great shot and superb finisher and seems to be in the right place at the right time.

But then, he only got 14 odd goals last season in a successful side in Spain. He should be a superb addition to the premiership, but I think that Liverpool need a lot more before they'd be challenging for the top.

D
    i think the majority of people would agree with you. from reports he can manage the physical side of the game. mind you it took dennis bergkamp a seaon and a half to become one of the best players the premiership has seen.
    while it's not all about money... but most of the time it really is.... we are still short of a few more players
    rafa is a top class manager and we wouldnt swap him for anyone.
    another top striker would be really lovely

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree