Future Hall of Famers

Future Hall of Famers

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
17 Jul 08
1 edit

Maddux has 350+ wins, 4 consecutive cy youngs, 3 other top 3 finishes and 7 all star appearances. He won 15+ games 17 consecutive years (18 total). His career ERA is 3.13. You are completly deluded if you would comapre a guy with 122 wins to him.
As for Halladay going to the Yankees. I certainly hope you are right, but I'll have no illusion that the got a Hall of Famer.

d

Moves
17 Jul 08

Edgar Martinez is one year away from eligibility to the Hall of Fame. Should he get consideration based on offensive numbers alone?

d

Moves
17 Jul 08

And when will Joe Carter ever be inducted into the Hall?

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by leepound
You have to be kidding about Moyer. He is a one time allstar. He never finished top 3 in the Cy young voting. He won more than 15 games in a season only 3 times.
Schilling (who I can't stand and whose career path makes him a strong performance enhancing suspect... unless you think guys suddenly become better when they hit the age of 34) was the runner up ...[text shortened]...
You can question the legitimacy of Schillings numbers but Moyer is not in his stratesophere.
Moyer has more wins than many Hall of Fame pitchers, and more K's. I would suppurt it, Ive seen him pitch many times recently. but he will certainly be considered and I think be on the ballot. I would rather moyer get in the schilling.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by darvlay
And when will Joe Carter ever be inducted into the Hall?
I asked Mitch Williams that question a few years ago, he was pretty pissed off at me.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by uzless
Here we go again with the idiot WIN column deciding who gets in and who doesn't.

WINS MEAN NOTHING! Greg Maddux is one of the best pitchers in baseball right now but you wouldn't know it from his Win/Loss record becasue his team sux balls and can't score runs.

If Halladay pitched for the Sox or Yankees, he'd have 50 more wins and you'd all be on your ...[text shortened]... d perhaps he'll get that chance as the trade deadline approaches. "

www.yahoo.com
Homer: WINS MEAN NOTHING!

🙄

i

Moves
17 Jul 08

Edgar Martinez is one year away from eligibility to the Hall of Fame. Should he get consideration based on offensive numbers alone?
YES!
the dude has a lazy eye and has over 500 doubles, led the league in batting a few times too i think as well... the doubles is impressive as his speed isnt actually that good, in fact very slow in the later years

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
17 Jul 08

Who, playing in the MLB right now, are locks for the hall of fame when they retire?

Here's who I'm thinking:

Derek Jeter
Alex Rodriguez
Manny Ramirez
Ken Griffey Jr.
Ichiro Suzuki
Mariano Rivera
Greg Maddux
Randy Johnson

On the bubble:

Ivan Rodriguez

Am I missing anyone?
Jesus, dude, get a life.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by irontigran
YES!
the dude has a lazy eye and has over 500 doubles, led the league in batting a few times too i think as well... the doubles is impressive as his speed isnt actually that good, in fact very slow in the later years
No, 2200 hits and barely 300 HRs in the 90's and 2000's just isn't exceptional enough to warrant the HOF. He's also a mere DH and has no post season acheivements to speak of. Bernie Williams is more deserving.

i

Moves
18 Jul 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
No, 2200 hits and barely 300 HRs in the 90's and 2000's just isn't exceptional enough to warrant the HOF. He's also a mere DH and has no post season acheivements to speak of. Bernie Williams is more deserving.
ARE YOU JOKING?? he had a huge post season achievement! just because youre on the team that wins to me doesnt make a post season achievement.. everyone on the winning team gets hits.
edgars GW double in a 95 division series was one of the big time plays in that time..

but yes, everyone will as its just a division series, and hes just a DH, as every one of the national league voters(those who played in it) will reject him and he wont make it.

and nearly all of williams O stats are worse so you must be counting the gold gloves which is fair

i

Moves
18 Jul 08

id put jeff kent on the ropes too, but very distant.
he has an MVP award which will help, but really needs a few more quality years, as his really good one have been a while.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
18 Jul 08

Neither of them are HOF in my opinion.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Jul 08

Originally posted by irontigran
ARE YOU JOKING?? he had a huge post season achievement! just because youre on the team that wins to me doesnt make a post season achievement.. everyone on the winning team gets hits.
edgars GW double in a 95 division series was one of the big time plays in that time..

but yes, everyone will as its just a division series, and hes just a DH, as every o ...[text shortened]... d nearly all of williams O stats are worse so you must be counting the gold gloves which is fair
One post season hit of consequence v. Bernie's 22 HRs (the most ever by a player) has to factor in a bit, too. Also that Bernie holds the records for RBIs and extra base hits in post season play.

Bernie's offensive numbers (except hits, runs, triples and stolen bases) are slightly inferior to Martinez's (he has 4 less RBIs). But he was a Gold Glover in center field as you mention.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Jul 08

Originally posted by PocketKings
Neither of them are HOF in my opinion.
The intangibles weigh in William's favor. But a couple of extra year, even part time ones, would have helped.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
18 Jul 08

The intangibles weigh in William's favor. But a couple of extra year, even part time ones, would have helped.
He has a chance, but he may have to wait a while.