1. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 09:27
    Jim Brown #32 of the Cleveland Browns .he set records in a barbaric NFL of the 1950s and 1960s the defenses were allowed to do just about anything to bring a man down head slaping,spearing,face mast and qbs were fair game there was no in the grasp rule PRO-FOOTBALL WAS A DIFFERENT AND BETTER GAME THEN THERE WAS NO PSLS NO FREE AGENTS WITH PLAYERS FREE TO JUMP FROM TEAM TO TEAM----- I LOVE THE NFL BUT I HATE THE IDEA OF PSL gosh i love the old school NFL THEGAME IS ALL ABOUT MONEY NOW Bring back the glory days of JIM BROWN
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 09:32
    erm... Walter Payton? No... Eric Dickerson.

Or maybe Marcus Allen.
  3. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 09:51
    yes they were all great but Jim Brown set his records in a 12 and 14 game season and the one record he still has which may never be broken Brown averaged 5 yards a carry everytime he touched the ball and he never missed a game in the old school nfl.
  4. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 10:03
    Gayle Sayers,Walter Payton, Earl Cambell,Eric Dickerson ,O.J. Simpson Emitt Smith,Barry Saunders are right up there with Brown
  5. Standard memberKurtHoegh
    Critical Failure
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 11:21
    Euch. Whenever I encounter discussions like this one, I get a painful flashback to 1989, where a teenage version of myself is boasting that Ickey Woods will make them all look like amateurs before he's done.

It was, of course, a ridiculous claim. And sadly Ickey's run was to be a very short one. But it was fun while it lasted.

LaDainian Tomlinson, looks like he has the whole package, but we'll have to see. My vote for now goes to Emmit Smith.
  6. over there
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 14:12
    Jamal Lewis was gettin their until he got caught dealing drugs...
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 15:57
    in the old days players were much smaller, no running back from the old leather helmet days would last in the modern NFL.
  8. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 17:42
    Jim Brown played in the plastic -helmet area of football we are only talking 40 years ago!!
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 21:52
    Originally posted by richfeet
    Jim Brown played in the plastic -helmet area of football we are only talking 40 years ago!!
    oh LOL well they seem older to a 15 year old.
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 22:36
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    oh LOL well they seem older to a 15 year old.
    Jim Brown was a Hos, he was no little man. He pounded the ball and always got up and never let anyone see his pain. There was none of this running out of bounds stuff for this guy. It was full speed ahead. Emmit Smith did his different. To me it is a toss up between the two. Emmit holds the records so I have to acknowledge that, but there was just something special about Jim Brown that to me gives him the edge. The guy was his own lead blocker and there was no goal line stunts just to pump up his records. He was old school but he could have played for any team today and might even have played better. He was that good.
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Jim Brown was a Hos, he was no little man. He pounded the ball and always got up and never let anyone see his pain. There was none of this running out of bounds stuff for this guy. It was full speed ahead. Emmit Smith did his different. To me it is a toss up between the two. Emmit holds the records so I have to acknowledge that, but there was just somet ...[text shortened]... but he could have played for any team today and might even have played better. He was that good.
    guys like ray lewis, and roy williams, brian urlacher, warren sapp, would crush him.
    edit: just like they do most everyone else who decides they think they can run them over.
  12. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 23:00
    guys like ray lewis, and roy williams, brian urlacher, warren sapp, would crush him.
    edit: just like they do most everyone else who decides they think they can run them over.
    young man you are so young that all you know is the current players Jim Brown isthe back all others must measure up to the sporting news voted him as the greatest running back everand the greatest football player of the modern era. he set the standard for all backs who came after him
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 23:09
    Originally posted by richfeet
    young man you are so young that all you know is the current players Jim Brown isthe back all others must measure up to the sporting news voted him as the greatest running back everand the greatest football player of the modern era. he set the standard for all backs who came after him
    but what was his competition? was there any big names on defense?
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 23:18
    The guys you have named all are very good. But you have to understand that the guys he played against could lay the wood too. I mean they were nasty. There will be guys someday that will make the guys you named look like High school players. They come and go all the time. There is no real way of comparing all the greats, but trust us when we say Jim Brown was special. He is still alive, it hasn't been that long for those that remember and has watched the NFL developed. They did weight training and ran just as fast and even ate all their vegetables then too. And you know what steroids weren't illegal then. I am not claiming anyone used them, even though many did, but something caused the sparks to fly.
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 23:31
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    here will be guys someday that will make the guys you named look like High school players. T
    the way that players now make the players from then look like high school players.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree