Greatest NFL Running Back Ever?

Greatest NFL Running Back Ever?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

cleveland ohio

Moves
02 Dec 06

Originally posted by cashthetrash
The guys you have named all are very good. But you have to understand that the guys he played against could lay the wood too. I mean they were nasty. There will be guys someday that will make the guys you named look like High school players. They come and go all the time. There is no real way of comparing all the greats, but trust us when we say Jim Bro ...[text shortened]... m not claiming anyone used them, even though many did, but something caused the sparks to fly.
Dick Bukus,Decon Jones,Sam Huff there were many many others who were star defensive players and are now in the hall of fame,

E

Moves
02 Dec 06

Originally posted by richfeet
Dick Bukus,Decon Jones,Sam Huff there were many many others who were star defensive players and are now in the hall of fame,
in his time he may have been a great player, but as we get better and better all the time he wouldnt stand a chance against modern players. that doesnt take away from how good he was though.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
02 Dec 06

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
but what was his competition? was there any big names on defense?
How about Dick Butkis, Ray Nitchky? Are they defensive enough for you. Jim Brown was the greatest running back to ever play the game. Nuff said.

r

cleveland ohio

Moves
02 Dec 06

and the nfl was BRUTAL when Jim Brown played the defense could do just about anything to stop a runner they could headslap or clothsline you they could spear you and they could kill the quarterback as there was no in the grasp rule Brown was 6ft 2in. with a 28 inch waist he weighted a bout 235 pound and it was pure muscle he did not run out out of bounds he ran you over i once watched him run over 7 Dallas Cowboys on and 12 yard run for a toughdown this remains the greatest run i ever seen

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
03 Dec 06

Originally posted by richfeet
and the nfl was BRUTAL when Jim Brown played the defense could do just about anything to stop a runner they could headslap or clothsline you they could spear you and they could kill the quarterback as there was no in the grasp rule Brown was 6ft 2in. with a 28 inch waist he weighted a bout 235 pound and it was pure muscle he did not run out out of bound ...[text shortened]... 7 Dallas Cowboys on and 12 yard run for a toughdown this remains the greatest run i ever seen
There was no doubt about it he could carry a defensive team on his back no one man could stop him unless he just got lucky. There is no football evolution where players are better now. The guy deserves to be known as a true warrior. There are good ones in ever generation. All generations have their star players but that guy could play on any team, in any time period.

E

Moves
03 Dec 06

Originally posted by cashthetrash
There was no doubt about it he could carry a defensive team on his back no one man could stop him unless he just got lucky. There is no football evolution where players are better now. The guy deserves to be known as a true warrior. There are good ones in ever generation. All generations have their star players but that guy could play on any team, in any time period.
i wish i couldve seen him play, sounds good.

AB

Moves
03 Dec 06

in his time he may have been a great player, but as we get better and better all the time he wouldnt stand a chance against modern players. that doesnt take away from how good he was though.
If you had a time machine and went back in time to collect him, dropping him off in todays game - yes he'd struggle. But if he'd been playing today, receiving the same training and coaching as everyone else does why wouldn't he be a legend again?

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
03 Dec 06

EMMETT SMITH of the mighty COWBOYS

S

Moves
03 Dec 06

BARRY SAUNDERS. end of!!

Look at the team he played for, look at the records he set.

He single handed carried that team (no pun intended!) He would have smashed every NFL record and set new bench marks which would stay in the record books for decades if he had not retired from the game at his peak,

You have to rate the man for just walking away from it all at the peak of his form.

By the way does anyone know what he is doing now?

r

cleveland ohio

Moves
03 Dec 06

Originally posted by SALADIN
BARRY SAUNDERS. end of!!

Look at the team he played for, look at the records he set.

He single handed carried that team (no pun intended!) He would have smashed every NFL record and set new bench marks which would stay in the record books for decades if he had not retired from the game at his peak,

You have to rate the man for just walking away from it all at the peak of his form.

By the way does anyone know what he is doing now?
Jim Brown also walked away from the NFL at the peek of his carreer as he led the league in rushing 8 of his 9 years he quit after 9 years he went on to HOLLYWOOD and became a movie star

E

Moves
03 Dec 06

Originally posted by Angry Boy
If you had a time machine and went back in time to collect him, dropping him off in todays game - yes he'd struggle. But if he'd been playing today, receiving the same training and coaching as everyone else does why wouldn't he be a legend again?
well i dont think he would be running over seven tacklers to score a touchdown, as somebody else mentioned.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
03 Dec 06

well i dont think he would be running over seven tacklers to score a touchdown, as somebody else mentioned.
Let me ask you something, how do you think Ladainian Tomlinson is playing so well today? Do you think all the defensive players today stink? Why can't all the other running backs play as well as he does? Because he is a special player. He is more than just a running back he is a football player. He is playing the game different than Jim Brown played it but he is playing it very well. You better believe Jim Brown would have still out powered many of these guys and he would have out ran many too. If he had the great offensive blockers they have today (wink) he would have been even better. He might have gained twice as many yards. These offensive players today are clearly superior because of all the schooling they now have and all the great coaching. Shoot they might have opened such big holes that no one would have ever touched him. Because everyone knows that people today are much superior to people who lived 40 years ago.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
04 Dec 06

1. Jim Brown

2. Ernie Davis

r

cleveland ohio

Moves
04 Dec 06

Originally posted by Red Night