1. SubscriberRay Gunz I
    SEMI TALENTED NOVICE
    Bronx, New York
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 11:19
    To all the haters out there, KEEP ON HATING! And the sad thing is, the worst haters are NY Mutts fans. Well that's OK, you can be Yankees fans on the low, we wont tell. 😀
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 12:25
    Nothing like a good, classy winner 😉

Congrats, Yank! 🙂
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 12:25
    enjoy your day... expect an pm from myself when the mets are crowned ws champs next year.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 12:291 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    enjoy your day... expect an pm from myself when the mets are crowned ws champs next year.
    I predicted Yankees in 6! Very satisfying win after the pundits had crowned the Philthies after the game five win saying the Yankees were in trouble! Philibuster Mariano Rivera should get his own niche in the hall of Phame! Matsui is a deserving MVP!
  5. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 13:33
    As a big Yankee fan, I am excited by their peformance. They had a great year and capped off a good post-season. Its far from a perfect team; they had no 4th or 5th starter and their outfield especiallu after Damon got hurt last night ofGardner, Swisher and Hairston certainly is very lacking but that had great performances by some of their great players. If it is Matsui's last game as a Yankee (as they might want to get younger and not keep both him and Damon) he certainly went out with a bang. I'll miss his professional attitude and his ability to drive in runs.
  6. SubscriberRay Gunz I
    SEMI TALENTED NOVICE
    Bronx, New York
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 13:50
    And, unless you're playing the Yankees, I'll be rooting for you guys. What gets me is how some Mets fans can root for the Phillies, thats just hating plain and simple.
  7. SubscriberRay Gunz I
    SEMI TALENTED NOVICE
    Bronx, New York
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 14:01
    Originally posted by quackquack
    As a big Yankee fan, I am excited by their peformance. They had a great year and capped off a good post-season. Its far from a perfect team; they had no 4th or 5th starter and their outfield especiallu after Damon got hurt last night ofGardner, Swisher and Hairston certainly is very lacking but that had great performances by some of their great players ...[text shortened]... y went out with a bang. I'll miss his professional attitude and his ability to drive in runs.
    Totally agree!
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 14:05
    As a big Yankee fan, I am excited by their peformance. They had a great year and capped off a good post-season. Its far from a perfect team; they had no 4th or 5th starter and their outfield especiallu after Damon got hurt last night ofGardner, Swisher and Hairston certainly is very lacking but that had great performances by some of their great players ...[text shortened]... y went out with a bang. I'll miss his professional attitude and his ability to drive in runs.
    There's no such thing as a perfect team. The Yanks were the best team in baseball this year and that's all you can ask for.

Look at the Phillies, the NL's best team. When they picked up Pedro, almost as an afterthought, who would have thought they'd have to rely on him to be their second starter. Other than Lee, who was a mid-season trade, is there really even one pitcher on that entire staff they could really rely on? Ryan Madsen maybe? If he's your second best pitcher, that's not saying much. Their 2 big pitching stars from last year, Hamels and Lidge, both imploded and both had off years.

As for Matsui, I doubt he's back. His body is clearly starting to break down and you hate to clog up that DH spot every night, especially since ARod might want to DH sometimes if his injuries crop up again. But his Yankee career certainly couldn't have ended on a better note.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 14:07
    Originally posted by Ray Gunz I
    And, unless you're playing the Yankees, I'll be rooting for you guys. What gets me is how some Mets fans can root for the Phillies, thats just hating plain and simple.
    I'm a Jets fan, but I rooter had for the Giants against the Pats in the Super Bowl and haven't been able to properly hate the Giants since they beat the Pats.

Heck, I'll root against any Boston team from the 4 major ones to BC to the New England Revolution. If they play in or near Boston, I want them to lose.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 14:10
    it'll be matsui's last game because they'll no doubt be looking for a new catcher and play posada as the dh. gardner looks as if he could be a good future lead off man.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 14:14
    i didn't want either team to win tbh, that was the worse possible ws for a mets fan. i'm sure you would be in the minority there though.
  12. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 14:20
    i didn't want either team to win tbh, that was the worse possible ws for a mets fan. i'm sure you would be in the minority there though.
    I think I understand how Mets fans felt about this series. As a Yankee fan I felt the same way in 1986 when the Redsox played the Mets. For me it was truly a shame that both teams couldn't lose and to make it worse, it ended up being a clasic series.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 14:531 edit
    To all the haters out there, KEEP ON HATING! And the sad thing is, the worst haters are NY Mutts fans. Well that's OK, you can be Yankees fans on the low, we wont tell. 😀
    A Yankees fan, eh? And a Penn State fan to boot. I should have known. Anyhew, I hope they win it every year. It would serve baseball right. As it was, the mere fact that they have not won a world series since 2002 with all the money they have spent since that time is simply scandelous.

Edit: See you in Happy Valley this weekend!! My Buckeyes are going to win you know. How you say? I am praying for some sort of miracle. You know, kinda like what all other teams in baseball pray for when facing the high spending Yankees. Perhaps the virgin Mary will descend on the field and transform TP's throwing arm and brain into that of a real QB. You never know.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 14:58
    Broken Record ^
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 15:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    A Yankees fan, eh? And a Penn State fan to boot. I should have known. Anyhew, I hope they win it every year. It would serve baseball right. As it was, the mere fact that they have not won a world series since 2002 with all the money they have spent since that time is simply scandelous.

dude, take your bs mlb hating elsewhere. btw it's a mere fact that this was their first title in 9 years, yes 2000 not 2002 and the mere fact that they didn't even reach the playoffs last year while the little spending rays did proves that money isn't everything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree