How can anyone take this sport seriously?

How can anyone take this sport seriously?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
18 Jun 10

Will FIFA announce that the US was robbed and formally apologize?

The ref simply didn't want the goal to count. What other explanation is there?

If that ref were Israeli, it would be worth at least 3 UN condemnations.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Jun 10

The Bilderberg Group did it.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
18 Jun 10

Now FIFA apparently won't require the ref even to say who the foul was on.

LOL

Come on, someone defend FIFA.

Anyone?

This should be good.

M

Moves
18 Jun 10

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/408173-humor-mlb-umpire-jim-joyce-calls-usa-vs-slovenia-match

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Jun 10

Why is FIFA to blame?

o
Art is hard

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by sh76

Anyone?
USA shouldnt have got that free kick in the first place!!!

s

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by orion25
I thought you bragged about knowing football! Of course it was a free kick. USA player was shoved down by Slovenian. In whose rule book did you look for that one? Really!

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Why is FIFA to blame?
Because they won't come clean afterwards. They won't make anyone explain anything. They're just, "Screw you! We don't care if you were robbed!"

By protecting the ref you encourage incompetence like this.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by orion25
So you're saying the ref intentionally stopped the goal as a makeup call?

If that's true it's even worse.

Moves
18 Jun 10

So you're saying the ref intentionally stopped the goal as a makeup call?

If that's true it's even worse.
it's possible, they've done it before. and onion is right it shouldn't have been a free kick.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by trev33
it's possible, they've done it before. and onion is right it shouldn't have been a free kick.
If that call is defensible, then this sport is the most pathetic/corrupt sport in the World.

The Slovenian players were busy holding tackling American players on that kick, not the other way around. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but a medium intelligence chimp could see that there was no American foul on that play.

Why you people can't just admit that the US was out and out robbed is beyond me.

If your country came over here and got robbed like that, you'd declare war.

Moves
18 Jun 10

If that call is defensible, then this sport is the most pathetic/corrupt sport in the World.

The Slovenian players were busy holding tackling American players on that kick, not the other way around. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but a medium intelligence chimp could see that there was no American foul on that play.

Why you people can't just admit that the US ...[text shortened]... is beyond me.

who's saying it shouldn't have been goal? that play was fine, we're just saying it shouldn't have been a free kick. both calls were wrong (the one for the goal worse, but both wrong)... no one wants to see two mistakes like that.

you must know how ireland got dumped out? fifa did nothing after that, not even an extra official behind the goal for the world cup like they used in the europa league. they're a joke, everyone agrees.

it certainly gives cycling a run for its money 😵

s

Moves
18 Jun 10

Why you people can't just admit that the US ...[text shortened]... is beyond me.

Yours is the most sensible argument yet made about the sorry state of soccer. It is corrupt and in need of reform. USA was robbed. The argument about it not being a free kick in the first place is about as silly as it gets. Once given opponent has to defend, not get a gift from ref. BTW the free kick was a good free kick and awarded for Slovenian mauling of USA player via nasty shove. Don't for a minute believe the silly trevv33 and orion arguments to the contrary. They are about as blind as hopscotch. USA was robbed. ref then hides behind silence. I'm with you about FIFA having lots of explaining to do. If it was a mistake admit and we can all move on. Otherwise it seems like a conspiracy because of the silnce! FIFA is corrupt indeed. Ireland was robbed of being in the world cup by a bad non call. So what do we get instead? A sorry French team with no business being here!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Jun 10

Because they won't come clean afterwards. They won't make anyone explain anything. They're just, "Screw you! We don't care if you were robbed!"

By protecting the ref you encourage incompetence like this.
You weren't "robbed", the ref made a bad call. When did a federation apologize for a referee's mistake?

This need to burn the ref at the stake is amusing.

s

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by Palynka
You weren't "robbed", the ref made a bad call. When did a federation apologize for a referee's mistake?

This need to burn the ref at the stake is amusing.
You are right! One ref is not enough. Bundle up all the bad ones from todays games and start the bonfire of the ref vanities!