So whose mistake is that? 😛
    Fair point. 😛
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 20:30
    Originally posted by darvlay
    you would know how difficult umpiring those games are and how prone they are to human error.
    Really? So how can anyone take those sports seriously? 🙄

Also, prease include your assessment on Ling-a-Ling-a-Drivey in your next hyperbole laden keyboard bashing post?

D
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 20:441 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Really? So how can anyone take those sports seriously? 🙄

Also, prease include your assessment on Ling-a-Ling-a-Drivey in your next hyperbole laden keyboard bashing post?

D
    Nice deflection, champ. Take a bow.

Remember Rags, you're better than this.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 21:02
    Nice deflection, champ. Take a bow.

Remember Rags, you're better than this.
    And you're better than this...
    "This excerpt of your post is porbably the most ridiculous and stupid thing I've read on this forum in months."

Now shall we shake hands and make up, or will we do it the AMERICAN FOOTBALL way?
    http://www.epicfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/football-celebration-fail-larry-johnson.jpg

D
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 21:22
    I really think we need a competent referee for this overheating debate.

This guy YouTube should be up to the job.

Or else Hopscotch.

D
  6. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 21:38
    I expect blustering idiocy from the two of them, not from Ragnorak. Do you agree with Rags' assessment?
    I don't follow american sports. I did give Ragnorak a rec, though, due to: "FIFA's official line is that soccer is a game of human error, goalies duff the ball into their own net, center backs misjudge the flight of the ball, strikers balloon the ball over the bar from 3 inches and refs make bad calls. The game is lightning fast. I challenge you to watch the next game with the sound off (if you haven't already turned it off due to those blasted vuvuzelas) and call everything immediately. See how many decisions you get right given slow motion replays.
    "
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 22:15
    I can't believe it got 7 recs but I guess that goes to show how "cool" it is to be Anti-American.
    What? Ring-a-ring-a-drivey was the funniest thing the Sports Forum has probably ever delivered.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 23:04
    I guess that goes to show how "cool" it is to be Anti-American.
    Isn't "Anti-Americanism" merely another stakeholder choice and motivation in the free market of ideas, as are things like "Anti-Brazilism", "Anti-Franceism", "Anti-Arabism", "Anti-Sexism", "Anti-Communism" etc.?
  9. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 21:20
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Go back 4 years, and these boards are littered with americans with the same issues.

The way FIFA will react in response to bad officiating is by not giving said bad ref any more games.

FIFA's official line is that soccer is a game of human error, goalies duff the ball into their own net, center backs misjudge the flight of the ball, strikers balloon t ...[text shortened]... like stickball, throwball and bounceball. Or other sports like Ring-a-Ring-a-Drivey.

; D
    Every time someone calls Ring-a-Ring-a-Drivey an actual sport, an angel's wings are viciously yanked off and fed to snakes. Word.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 00:59
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Every time someone calls Ring-a-Ring-a-Drivey an actual sport, an angel's wings are viciously yanked off and fed to snakes. Word.
    But first they dive, writhe in pain, magically get up like nothing happened then start over! along the way a blind ref cards anyone that moves, ruins their future chances by player suspensions through card accumulation then the wings of an angel are plucked! BTW the snakes are selfsame refs!
  11. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 01:11
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    But first they dive, writhe in pain, magically get up like nothing happened then start over! along the way a blind ref cards anyone that moves, ruins their future chances by player suspensions through card accumulation then the wings of an angel are plucked! BTW the snakes are selfsame refs!
    That reminds me of Altidore's disgraceful dive after he wasn't even touched that ended up with a Ghanain player being given a yellow card, and suspended for the next match.

Altidore's earlier dive was much funnier, where he started flopping in the penalty area like he was shot in the back, but then changed his mind and thought he could score a goal, but his pathetic attempt went wide.

If the USA casual football fan wants to complain about diving in football, they can begin by looking at their own players.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 01:16
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    That reminds me of Altidore's disgraceful dive after he wasn't even touched that ended up with a Ghanain player being given a yellow card, and suspended for the next match.

Altidore's earlier dive was much funnier, where he started flopping in the penalty area like he was shot in the back, but then changed his mind and thought he could score a goal, but ...[text shortened]... n wants to complain about diving in football, they can begin by looking at their own players.
    As usual you think I complain about only the opponent dives? Why are you so blind. The dives are ruining the sport and you know it. No other sport has the wounded ballerina writhing in seizure like spasms like soccer does. Grow up! Any dive is disgraceful, USA's or anyone's. Italy's De Rossi's was especially appalling because of the silly blind ref who ruined NZ's victory. I will say RSA did not do a lot of diving and played their hearts out.
  13. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 01:30
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    As usual you think I complain about only the opponent dives? Why are you so blind.
    As usual? To whom are you referring? When have I previously thought you were only complaining about opponent's dives? You need to calm down and let some rationality back into your life. Good referees spot dives, they're not ruining the sport.

The substance of this thread is USAer's complaining about being robbed. Well, in this instance, Ghana was robbed of one of their players for the next round. I don't hear any of those USAer's vehemently complaining about that and calling for the referee to be beheaded.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 03:54
    As usual? To whom are you referring? When have I previously thought you were only complaining about opponent's dives? You need to calm down and let some rationality back into your life. Good referees spot dives, they're not ruining the sport.

The substance of this thread is USAer's complaining about being robbed. Well, in this instance, Ghana was robbe ...[text shortened]... those USAer's vehemently complaining about that and calling for the referee to be beheaded.
    Beheaded you say?

No, I think that would be against the law in most Countries anyways! 😛
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:06

The substance of this thread is USAer's complaining about being robbed. Well, in this instance, Ghana was robbe ...[text shortened]... those USAer's vehemently complaining about that and calling for the referee to be beheaded.
    USA did not card him. Soccer's sorry refs did that. Why is that USA's fault, pray tell me? Soccer needs reform. To wit the incredible blindness of the refs in the Germany game. I don't mention the other so called team because they failed to show up! You're calling for beheadings and you want me to insert rationality in my life? You need to get those murderous thoughts out of your mind! Play a little hopscotch after knocking back a couple of shots of scotch. That wuld relax you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree