1. Joined
    16 Feb '11
    Moves
    16 Feb '11 17:261 edit
    they should play the montreal alouettes and the winner declared world champs
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Feb '11 18:211 edit
    Originally posted by genuis
    Whose rules would you use? The Canadian game is much different than the NFL game.
    The Canadian game has a wider and longer field, more players on the field, a different game ball, and lower quality talent.

It really wouldn't be a fair contest at all, anymore than playing against NFL Europe would be.
    The NFL has the best of the best playing there. The Canadians and Euros get the leftovers.
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    16 Feb '11 19:27
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Whose rules would you use? The Canadian game is much different than the NFL game.
    The Canadian game has a wider and longer field, more players on the field, a different game ball, and lower quality talent.

It really wouldn't be a fair contest at all, anymore than playing against NFL Europe would be.
    The NFL has the best of the best playing there. The Canadians and Euros get the leftovers.
    just because more people watch it, and players get paid more does not make it BETTER.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 00:22
    Originally posted by roma45
    just because more people watch it, and players get paid more does not make it BETTER.
    Not better. BEST!!!!!!!
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 01:23
    Originally posted by roma45
    Well, that makes no sense at all.

I guess you feel an unpopular sport that no one watches with poorly paid players is better?
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 08:26
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I'm not arguing from "population" (whatever the quotes are supposed to signify) alone.
    Cricket is almost a religion in India and the number one sport in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
    It's got professional leagues or competitions in South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the Caribbean. It's an established sport in Zimbabwe and Kenya ...[text shortened]... lorida if I'm not mistaken...

You can't argue the numbers dude, so don't even try.
    Yes Crowley, there is a Cricket league here in Florida.. only one stadium in south Florida, but it holds about 18,000 and it sure is jumping. I went with a friend of mine. For the life of me I cannot figure it out. Many players here from Trinidad, etc. Lots of players standing around a good deal of the time, discussing strategy? I want to get it, and I will.. but jeez!
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 09:22
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Yes Crowley, there is a Cricket league here in Florida.. only one stadium in south Florida, but it holds about 18,000 and it sure is jumping. I went with a friend of mine. For the life of me I cannot figure it out. Many players here from Trinidad, etc. Lots of players standing around a good deal of the time, discussing strategy? I want to get it, and I will.. but jeez!
    That last comment rather reminds me of my strange witnessing of seeing a chap run onto an American football field, take his place in the side to all sorts of encouragement, place what appears one of any number of balls at his disposal on some sort of plastic device that holds the correct inclination from the floor and then kick for goal.. and then just as dramatically, he wanders off the field of play, his job description concluded until the next kick is required...now that is a genuine baffler but is he alone with regard to such limited or 'temporary play' within this game, there were too many players both on and far more off field to be able to tell ??
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 11:01
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Not better. BEST!!!!!!!
    when the usa has a national team, then beats every other country in the world, only then can you call yourselfs world champions, until that happens you are champions of usa only. is there a national team?
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 15:431 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    If you want to find out more about cricket there are many resources online - hell, there is a thread somewhere here where me and some other people did a layman's explanation for some of our American friends...
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '11
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 15:03
    i think montreal would win based on strength speed and overall conditioning
  11. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 18:51
    Originally posted by genuis
    So if at least two countries are competing it is official? Then the World Series winner is the World Champion of Baseball? Then the NBA Final winner is the World Champion as well?
  12. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 18:58

The post thread is about the Green Bay Packers claiming they are the World Champions. The rules and regulations that were in effect in the Super Bowl would apply.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 20:23
    Originally posted by gambit3
    The post thread is about the Green Bay Packers claiming they are the World Champions. The rules and regulations that were in effect in the Super Bowl would apply.
    Then Green Bay would maul the Canadian team
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 21:32
    Then Green Bay would maul the Canadian team
    I think RHP should put together a team.

P-
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 11:02
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think RHP should put together a team.

P-
    We'll win. If we have uzless playing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree