How to get into the MLB playoffs

How to get into the MLB playoffs

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
17 Jul 11

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Spot on regarding Stubbs. He played at my alma mater and was a stud his 3 years there.
He will be a stud for many years at the big show barring injury.

whodey wouldn't know talent if it bit him on his butt!!!
This coming from a person who just ridiculed me predicting that the Reds would win the World Series?

If they have sooo much talent Mr. baseball man, why would you ridcule me?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Jul 11

Originally posted by whodey
Do you have any idea how many strike outs Stubbs and Bruce have between them last year? Stubbs had 168 k's and Bruce had 135 k's. This, coming from the land of former player Adam Dunn who was the ML strike out king for over a decade with 1632!! This was a ML record by the way. Strike outs are the most hurtful and miserable appendage to any offense and Red ...[text shortened]... ime. Instead, he grounded into an inning ending double play, so perhaps he is improving. 😛
Why do you even bother to watch the team if you have nothing but negative things to say about the stars on the team? Maybe you'd like Willie Taveras or Corey Patterson back playing CF since they didn't strike out as much as Stubbs. And maybe Jay Bruce isn't one of the up and coming stars in the majors according to you, but most people with some knowledge of baseball see a 30+ HR guy who also happens to be one of the best RFs in the business. But they're terrible according to idiot Reds "fans" like yourself.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
17 Jul 11

This coming from a person who just ridiculed me predicting that the Reds would win the World Series?

If they have sooo much talent Mr. baseball man, why would you ridcule me?
I ridicule you because you are an idiot.

I said, and I still say, the Reds WILL NOT WIN THE WORLD SERIES THIS YEAR.

That does not mean they don't have talent....it means they don't have enough talent.

Got that straight now???

w

Moves
17 Jul 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Why do you even bother to watch the team if you have nothing but negative things to say about the stars on the team? Maybe you'd like Willie Taveras or Corey Patterson back playing CF since they didn't strike out as much as Stubbs. And maybe Jay Bruce isn't one of the up and coming stars in the majors according to you, but most people with some knowledge ...[text shortened]... st RFs in the business. But they're terrible according to idiot Reds "fans" like yourself.
I suppose its in the blood. There is nothing that can be done about my condition now. I am somehow forever linked to a team that did not have a winning season for 2 decades, until last year. I realize with the new ownership the team is in a much better place than it used to be. However, the frustration sets in with the realization that only so much can be done to improve the team unless they wish to increase payroll.

In light of the fact I have suffered through two miserable decades with this team, I make no apologies. I realize being a Yankees fan you do not have the ability to fathom such an existence.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Jul 11
1 edit

I suppose its in the blood. There is nothing that can be done about my condition now. I am somehow forever linked to a team that did not have a winning season for 2 decades, until last year. I realize with the new ownership the team is in a much better place than it used to be. However, the frustration sets in with the realization that only so much can be ...[text shortened]... ologies. I realize being a Yankees fan you do not have the ability to fathom such an existence.
As usual you haven't got your facts straight; the team had 9 losing seasons in a row before last year, not "two decades" as you claimed.

The Celtics had 8 losing seasons in a row from the 1993-94 until 2001-02, so I've been there. I don't ever recall being so negative and hostile to my team's players as you and many other Reds' "fans" constantly are.

w

Moves
18 Jul 11

As usual you haven't got your facts straight; the team had 9 losing seasons in a row before last year, not "two decades" as you claimed.

The Celtics had 8 losing seasons in a row from the 1993-94 until 2001-02, so I've been there. I don't ever recall being so negative and hostile to my team's players as you and many other Reds' "fans" constantly are.
Ah yes, the 2000 season where they did not make the playoffs they went 85-77. Them not making the playoffs threw me. In addition, I sometimes get the Bungles and Reds mixed up a bit as they tend to blur together at times. 2000 was the year they acquired Griffey and was the beginning of the end for them for a decade.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
18 Jul 11

If your theory was correct, NONE of the lower half would EVER make it in.

Case over. You lose!!
Not true. Even france wins once and a while...

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
18 Jul 11

Originally posted by uzless
Not true. Even france wins once and a while...
Go read the statement again.
You just made my case for me.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
20 Jul 11

Go read the statement again.
You just made my case for me.
uh, i was referring to the once in a blue moon explanation of seemingly disparate data.

Outliers don't count in pattern identification.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
25 Jul 11

Why do you even bother to watch the team if you have nothing but negative things to say about the stars on the team? Maybe you'd like Willie Taveras or Corey Patterson back playing CF since they didn't strike out as much as Stubbs. And maybe Jay Bruce isn't one of the up and coming stars in the majors according to you, but most people with some knowledge ...[text shortened]... st RFs in the business. But they're terrible according to idiot Reds "fans" like yourself.
Ummmm, was that whodey proclaimed "Strikeout Stubbs" who hit a walk off game winning HR yesterday?

He scored their first run in the first a=inning as well.

Get rid of that bum quickly!! 😉😀

w

Moves
26 Jul 11

Ummmm, was that whodey proclaimed "Strikeout Stubbs" who hit a walk off game winning HR yesterday?

He scored their first run in the first a=inning as well.

Get rid of that bum quickly!! 😉😀
Ummmm, and tonight when the Reds were trying to rally he struck out in the bottom of the ninth. So your point is?

How many RISP did Stubbs have when he hit his HR? That's right, none.

Don't get me wrong, Stubbs has talent and he is by no means the worst hitter on the club. I simply abhor stike outs and I value clutch hitters with RISP more than those that can hit HR's.

What Stubbs needs to do is bunt more. With his speed it is simply unforgivable that he does not do that more. My guess is that players today would rather swing for the fence than they would do what they have to do to get on base so as to pad their numbers.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
26 Jul 11
1 edit

I realize being a Yankees fan you do not have the ability to fathom such an existence.
In case you missed it... Thread 138781 page 16, 4th post from the bottom. no1 made it very clear he's a Reds fan.

In other news, I was at Yankee Stadium Sunday watching the Bronx Bombers take on Oakland. In a stunning twist of irony, the only Athlectics fan I saw in the stands looked to weigh about 450.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Jul 11

Ummmm, and tonight when the Reds were trying to rally he struck out in the bottom of the ninth. So your point is?

How many RISP did Stubbs have when he hit his HR? That's right, none.

Don't get me wrong, Stubbs has talent and he is by no means the worst hitter on the club. I simply abhor stike outs and I value clutch hitters with RISP more than those ...[text shortened]... the fence than they would do what they have to do to get on base so as to pad their numbers.
OMG, according to whodey a walk off HR isn't clutch because there aren't any runners in scoring position!

Please tell me you're not that much of a complete idiot.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
26 Jul 11

OMG, according to whodey a walk off HR isn't clutch because there aren't any runners in scoring position!

Well you know those solo bombs aren't worth as much as a 3 run bomb!!!

Regretfully, your latter statement is confirmed sir!!😞😞😞

w

Moves
28 Jul 11

All I can say is that I'm not the one who gave up their team which goes to the playoffs every year for the Reds.

This club is just aweful.