1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 17:23
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Is this the same as saying the moon is made of cheese, Rag?
    Well, is it?
  2. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 17:37
    The entire nucleus of the England team comes from the top 4 clubs, nothing wrong with that ,nor some of the top world players playing for english sides.giving the fans a chance to see them and being a benefit to younger players etc etc.what is the problem is the legions of run of the mill foreign players over here over paid over rated and keeping young english players out
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 17:441 edit
    Is this the same as saying the moon is made of cheese, Rag?
    I don't really understand the question.

I misused a word ("English" instead of "British" ) , and was corrected on it. No problem, my statement was factually incorrect.

However, when you made a factually incorrect statement, you wrote a smarmy reply when I challenged you to rethink your statement, and then when your error was pointed out to you, you said that it was lame of someone to correct your error. That's when the moon being made of cheese was brought up. I asked if it would be lame of someone to correct you if you stated it as a FACT!

Anyway, what does this have to do with this particular thread? Do you have something to contribute on the subject or are you just going to continue mindlessly trolling?

D
  4. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 17:50
    If the moon is made of cheese would it be Brie I suppose that would be Man Utds fault too
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 17:562 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    However, when you made a factually incorrect statement, you wrote a smarmy reply when I challenged you to rethink your statement, and then when your error was pointed out to you, you said that it was lame of someone to correct your error. That's when the moon being made of cheese was brought up. I asked if it would be lame of someone to correct you if you ...[text shortened]... ething to contribute on the subject or are you just going to continue mindlessly trolling?

D
    Nope. I misused "European" for "International", highlighted my mistake in my edit, and waited for you to pick up on it even after I did so. Something which you PREDICTABLY did.

Fact.

Anyway, what does this have to do with this particular thread?

I'm just highlighting your hypocrisy for the lulz. Do you have a problem with that?
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 18:12
    Nope. I misused "European" for "International", highlighted my mistake in my edit, and waited for you to pick up on it even after I did so. Something which you PREDICTABLY did.

Fact.

[b]Anyway, what does this have to do with this particular thread?

I'm just highlighting your hypocrisy for the lulz. Do you have a problem with that?[/b]
    You may want to reread that thread, or just continue reinventing history up for the lulz. Either way makes no real difference to me.

Do you honestly think that it's hypocritical to point out a factual error in a football debate and then some time later, make a factual error? If so, you may want to look up the definition of hypocrisy. Of course, if you just want to continue trolling, accuracy of statements would be unimportant to you, so carry on as you wish.

LULZ!!1!

D
  7. Standard memberInlandRevenueUK
    Cause I'm the taxman
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 18:13
    Good to see that I can provoke a response! 🙂
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 18:26
    You may want to reread that thread, or just continue reinventing history up for the lulz. Either way makes no real difference to me.

Do you honestly think that it's hypocritical to point out a factual error in a football debate and then some time later, make a factual error? If so, you may want to look up the definition of hypocrisy. Of course, if you ...[text shortened]... , accuracy of statements would be unimportant to you, so carry on as you wish.

LULZ!!1!

D
    Did I or did I not highlight that mistake in the edit of that post?

Did I or did I not claim that lapse would be the main thing you'll pick up on?

It's hypocritical of you to not be coherent when defending your positions. The other day you claimed that such a lapse was equivalent of saying the "moon was made of cheese" instead of addressing the substance of my post. Today, I just demonstrated that your form of argumentation is not only logically inconsistent, but you also do not believe it to be true.

Do you honestly think that it's hypocritical to point out a factual error in a football debate and then some time later, make a factual error?
    The differentiated reaction is hypocritical, not the error per se. This is obvious. I'm addressing the reaction, not the error. You're just trying to deflect the issue.

Nothing new, actually.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 20:41
    Did I or did I not highlight that mistake in the edit of that post?

It's hypocritical of you to not be coherent when defending your positions. The other day you claimed that such a lapse was equivalent of saying the "moon was made of cheese" instead of addressing the substa ...[text shortened]... action, not the error. You're just trying to deflect the issue.

Nothing new, actually.
    To be honest, I'm all for football debates, but these kinds of pedantic discussions where somebody continually make things up bore me. Care to make a post related to the idea that England's lack of success is due to the big 4 or are you just interested in continuing to troll me?

Anyway, here are the pedantically boring facts, which you seem to think are so important that you'd call me a hypocrite over.

You're reading things that aren't even there and just plain making up other stuff.

Order of statements....
    1) Palonka: "Edit - And Pepe played in Porto, and we have MORE European titles than your precious Manchester. But again, your typically British view of football prevents you from looking at the big picture."
    2) D: "You may want to recount. Luckily for you, things won't get too confusing as you'll only need the fingers on one hand (albeit, twice). "
    3) Palonka:"European Cups/Champions League

Porto:2
    MU:2

Cup Winners Cup:

Porto:0
    MU:1

UEFA Cup:
    Porto:1
    MU: 0

European Super Cup:
    Porto:1
    MU: 1

Intercontinental/World Club Cup:
    Porto: 2
    MU: 1

Total:
    Porto: 6
    MU: 5

edit: cue lame correction by Rag that the last one isn't European. Ok, point taken. We still have more international honours than you. "
    4) D: "Of course it's a "lame correction". Like if I included all of United's domestic Reserve competition wins in a count of their European trophies, it'd be really lame of you to correct my figure. "

...Did I or did I not highlight that mistake in the edit of that post?...
    ...Nope. I misused "European" for "International", highlighted my mistake in my edit,

You misused European for International. I challenged you and you stuck by your false statement. Then claimed that it would be lame to correct you. Now, sorry, but where I come from, when debating somebody, if they say something which you know to be wrong, then you correct it.

waited for you to pick up on it even after I did so. Something which you PREDICTABLY did.
    Ammm, where did I pick up on it? I only dissed you for claiming it was lame to correct a factually incorrect statement in a sports debate. As I repeated over and over in the thread, the relative history of the two clubs was totally irrelevant for me in a discussion regarding the relative merits of 2 current players.

If you wanted to discuss the relative merits of the history of the two clubs, you should probably have started a new thread where you could have invited me to compare trophy cabinets which I would have respectfully denied because I have no interest in comparing penis size with you or anybody else.

Having reread the Champions League thread again, I see that time and again I invited you to discuss football, but you seemed more inclined to troll me.

D
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 20:59
    To be honest, I'm all for football debates, but these kinds of pedantic discussions where somebody continually make things up bore me. Care to make a post related to the idea that England's lack of success is due to the big 4 or are you just interested in continuing to troll me?

Anyway, here are the pedantically boring facts, which you seem to think are ...[text shortened]... to discuss football, but you seemed more inclined to troll me.

D
    What part of "Ok, point taken. We still have more international honours than you." did you not understand?

Instead, you chose to attack full front on the "European" and claim that what I said was equivalent of saying the moon was made of cheese. So, yes, it's lame to continue harping on about the European, long after I corrected for international (view bold above in case you've missed it again).

It's exactly the same thing. But now when you did the same mistake you did not agree your claim was the same as "saying the moon was made of cheese". Hence, that makes you a hypocrite.

I see that time and again I invited you to discuss football, but you seemed more inclined to troll me.
    It was actually the opposite.

I repeatedly asked you to address the issue that Porto has more international honours than Manchester and you continually evaded. Why? Because you're delusional about your club and can't face reality.

I also repeatedly explained why your "reserve" comparisons were inadequate and you completely failed to address it. Why? Because you know I'm right but you just can't admit it.

In the end, you started to bring arguments from a prior discussion to claim you were discussing with 'facts'. Shame these facts had nothing to do with the point at hand. So why did you bring it up? To keep your mask of respectability.

It's actually very, very sad.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 00:15
    What part of [b]"Ok, point taken. We still have more international honours than you." did you not understand?

Instead, you chose to attack full front on the "European" and claim that what I said was equivalent of saying the moon was made of cheese. So, yes, it's lame to continue harping on about the European, long after I corrected for international ( ...[text shortened]... g it up? To keep your mask of respectability.

It's actually very, very sad.[/b]
    😴

D
  12. LA
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 06:04
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Give us a laugh - define "foreign"
    Liverpool Football Club
  13. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 08:10
    Originally posted by InlandRevenueUK
    Good to see that I can provoke a response! 🙂
    Youre not gettin noffink.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 13:40
    😴

D
    Are you incapable of refuting my points?
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 14:43
    Are you incapable of refuting my points?
    Not in your mind, so what's the point of me repeating myself ad nauseum? You have failed to comprehend anything I have said so far, so why bother being bored to death with this "debate"?

😴

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree