Moves
    19 Apr '09 21:46
    suck, suck, suck!
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 10:29
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Hmmm imagine allowing a small team like Everton to kick you out of the FA cup 😀 😀 😀
    It's a pity all right but at least when we win the league our players will have a nice rest to be all fresh for the CL final 😀
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 10:30
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    suck, suck, suck!
    Will you still be saying that when we win the league?
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 10:51
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Will you still be saying that when we win the league?
    What is that old saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" 😉
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 13:59
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    What is that old saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" 😉
    It's counting chickens time 😀😀😀
  6. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 17:18
    For next season Liverpool Football Club have frozen the price of their season tickets. Man Utd have increased the price of their tickets way above inflation and you still have to pay for tickets for cup games you do not wish to attend. do any Man Utd fans object to this ?
    does this finally show the Man Utd supporters why we say Liverpool are a family and not a club. in these times of economic crisis they are supporting their fans as we support them.
    We may have missed the league this year but we are getting closer and when it happens it will be a joint celebration not just fans on one side and accountants on the other.
    Still, you can always hope Virgin drop the train prices from london 😉
  7. LA
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 18:42
    Originally posted by scoop122
    For next season Liverpool Football Club have frozen the price of their season tickets. Man Utd have increased the price of their tickets way above inflation and you still have to pay for tickets for cup games you do not wish to attend. do any Man Utd fans object to this ?
    does this finally show the Man Utd supporters why we say Liverpool are a family and n ...[text shortened]... ountants on the other.
    Still, you can always hope Virgin drop the train prices from london 😉
    Liverpool Football Club, the family club, fans, owners and accountants walking hand in hand, in hope and unity, never alone.

I'm not surprised LFC havn't raised the ticket prices after your debt free takeover! 🙂

The new stadium, how's it coming along? 😕

Hicks and Gilette, true reds, in for the long term, no DICS there. 😠

A club that does business "in doors", never in public or through the press.😞

Respect to all competitors, even our "small team" neighbours and relegation struggling competitors Blackburn. :'(

A club that prides itself on youth development in the area like, erm... 🙄

No spin here apparently, so how do the ticket prices compare to 5 years ago? 😛
  8. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 20:07
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Liverpool Football Club, the family club, fans, owners and accountants walking hand in hand, in hope and unity, never alone.

I'm not surprised LFC havn't raised the ticket prices after your debt free takeover! 🙂

The new stadium, how's it coming along? 😕

Hicks and Gilette, true reds, in for the long term, no DICS there. 😠

A club tha ...[text shortened]... .. 🙄

No spin here apparently, so how do the ticket prices compare to 5 years ago? 😛
    cheers rooney for taking the mickey and ignoring the point. wonder why ?
    however unlike yourself i will answer your post not just fill it with side splitting witticisms like you did
    - the new stadium is years off. we don't have the money. probably because we let our fans choose which games they want to come to.

- Tom and Gorgeous George are no part of the real soul of our team. however they did agree to a season ticket price freeze.

- Rafa's spats and the public outbursts were very poor and did no-one any credit. no defence on that one

- Rafa crossed his arms and smiled. Hanging is too good for him eh !? Are you and Fergie and Big Sam all part of the same gang who try to deflect attention away when things get tough. When Fergie and Brian Kidd did their famous dance at Sheffield Wednesday after extra time was that not slightly disrespectul to the Wednesday fans as they were onviously celebrating the fact that Sheffield Wednesday could not win. Bizarrely peurile for a manager like Fergie to come out with those comments.

- Our youth development has been p*ss poor for a while now but Rafa is trying to turn it round. If Kenny has an involvement then hopefully kids will be queueing up to be trained by the Legend

- i don't know about ticket price increases over the last five years but seriously it might be fun to find out

so anyway matey can you just confirm why Utd have increased ticket prices again in this time of credit crunch and why they insist their own fans have to pay for matches they may / may not wish to attend ?

i think Liverpool would rather their fans came along out of choice.
  9. LA
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 21:08
    Originally posted by scoop122
    cheers rooney for taking the mickey and ignoring the point. wonder why ?
    however unlike yourself i will answer your post not just fill it with side splitting witticisms like you did
    - the new stadium is years off. we don't have the money. probably because we let our fans choose which games they want to come to.

- Tom and Gorgeous George are no part of ...[text shortened]... y not wish to attend ?

I'm impressed, for a Liverpool supporter you have made some fairly constructive and accurate points, i'll reply to these points.

The Stadium - The new owners deliberately lied to the club and fans about plans to develop a new stadium. A raise in ticket prices wouldn't seriously help the stadium.

Ticket Prices - Its a good gesture not to raise ticket prices, its also a good PR job.
    United's owners don't hide the fact that United is run as a business. Supply and demand, United will be full every league game next season, even if prices went up 50%.
    United supporters have made it clear they don't like the Glazers takeover, after Liverpools takeover you should realize that you should not blame club and its history for the way the current owners are running it.

Tom and Geroge - They agreed to the ticket price freeze.
    Like I said, its many things, a great gesture, a good pr job but what are their real motives and ambitions for LFC, maybe we'll find out the truth now they are talking again. Personally i think they are desparate to sell up for a tidy profit.

Rafa's outburst - Well which one?
    Seriously all managers are just as bad as each other and I can't really defend Sir Alex when talking about arrogance.
    Rafa though at times shows a shocking lack of respect for people or teams.
    The Fergie/Kidd celebration was just a pure release of emotions after an unlikely emotional comeback to win the league, nothing towards Sheffield, Rafa's gestures were very very dismissive of his opponents he didn't seem to be taking them seriously, maybe this was a language thing though, for sure.

Youth policy - Liverpools has been poor for years now, Uniteds has been fairly good, maybe things will change for Liverpool if Dalglish came in, you need a strong British influence there.

Ticket Prices over last 5 years - All clubs have gone up much higher than inflation, Uniteds is probably avarage, the London clubs the worse, being the best team in the country for the last 20 years makes United an easy target.

Again Uniteds ticket prices are the owners desicion.
    The supporters or clubs history should not be questioned because of this.

so anyway matey can you just confirm why Utd have increased ticket prices again in this time of credit crunch and why they insist their own fans have to pay for matches they may / may not wish to attend ?

The prices are increased because the owners want to squeeze more money out of the supporters and they think they can do it.

Whats your point?
    Are you going to judge United as a football club because of recent decisions by the new owners?

Should I judge Liverpools reputation and values as a club by the words and subsequent actions of your new owners?
  10. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 21:35
    do appreciate your reasoned reply mate
    was being bit controversial but soemtimes good debate comes from it.

- the stadium is probably five to ten years off. we cannot hope to compete financially with man utd for at least that long. i have to say at least man utd have achieved their wealth through clever marketing. we have been appalling at that considering what our brand name probably ten years ago. we definitely fell behind.

- your point about attendances is accurate. even for the imposed cup games old trafford is usually full so at least they go along

- tom and george. sure you are spot on. they have defaulted one loan already and are so desperate for investors we could well end up with even worse investors. i think the idea of DIC or someone similar is Father Xmas stuff. i cannot see another Abrahamovich appearing for a while if ever

- fergie and brian kidd at sheff wed was purely just excitement. rafa may have been dismissive but hopefully will learn from it but generally these things are there to sell column inches. i reckon fergie, rafa and even big sam are smiling at the fun they have created.

- our youth policy is very poor. sadly a lot of the young players rafa bought several seasons ago have not come through. it does hurt to say but ir looks like your lads might have another golden generation coming through similar to giggs/becks and scholes. again we might catch up but it will take a while. i think it boils down to the fact that our first team might just about have a chance but our squad depth and youth set up is definitely inferior. kenny might be a good attraction as a name to get players in

- ticket prices. again somewhat begrudgingly but i'm pretty sure chelsea probably put their prices up more than anyone and not in a sustainable way.

- every owner will eventually maximise their profits. just a bit jealous that man utd have been so much better at it than us for so long. we really should have been a bigger global name but i think the 'family club' concept possibly held up the pure business model.

- i totally agree you should not judge the fans by the actions of the owners. i also remember man utd still filled out old trafford even when we were top dogs in the early to late 80's.

some good points mate and whilst i still suport my team i think anyone has to accept efrgie is probably the greatest manager english football has seen and whilst i hope we get the leaue next season we still ahve to do it a fair ew more times to cathc you guys up
    well done inadvance for winning it this year but i'm keeping my fingers crossed we sign david silva. he could amke the difference

-
  11. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 21:37
    apologies about the poor typing skills above......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree