SA over Dallas in 6
    Denver over NO in 7
    Portland over Houston in 7
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 15:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    BTW, didn't you pick the Raptors to win the East?
    That was uzless.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 15:32
    Originally posted by darvlay
    That was uzless.
    My bad. http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=103062&page=1#post_1926506
  4. Bucharest
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 17:02
    The Lakers are favoured to win it all. I hope I won't get my heartbroken like last year though.

I'm glad UNC won. That's my top pick for my MBA school right now.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 18:07
    Originally posted by TastyGlamGirl
    The Lakers are favoured to win it all. I hope I won't get my heartbroken like last year though.

I'm glad UNC won. That's my top pick for my MBA school right now.
    If they had lost, would you have changed schools?
  6. Bucharest
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 08:17
    No. I want to go there because they have a solid MBA program, not because of their basketball team. lol
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 11:381 edit
    No. I want to go there because they have a solid MBA program, not because of their basketball team. lol
    Harvard, Yale & University of Chicago all have excellent MBA programs but sorry basketball teams. Why go down to tobacco road?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 19:39
    Impressive performance by my underdog pick the Hornets last night; holding the Nuggets to slightly less than a 2-1 scoring advantage gives me hope CP3 and the boyz can turn it around.
  9. Bucharest
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 22:47
    Well, it's a lot easier to get into UNC than Harvard. Of course, getting to Wharton might be cool, but I'm a realist. Sometimes getting in the UNC program seems far-fetched since I'm not an American and I don't have much work experience.

And the Hornets got humiliated. I didn't watch the game so I'm unsure on what happened...
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 23:51
    Well, it's a lot easier to get into UNC than Harvard. Of course, getting to Wharton might be cool, but I'm a realist. Sometimes getting in the UNC program seems far-fetched since I'm not an American and I don't have much work experience.

And the Hornets got humiliated. I didn't watch the game so I'm unsure on what happened...
    Why not gp to a real school with a great athletic program to boot...in all the major sports. It is nestled in the small town of Austin, Texas. The McCombs school is one of the finest MBA programs around. The weather in Austin is nicer than tobacco road or up east.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 04:49
    I'm unsure on what happened...
    The Birdman happened
  12. Bucharest
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 16:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Why not gp to a real school with a great athletic program to boot...in all the major sports. It is nestled in the small town of Austin, Texas. The McCombs school is one of the finest MBA programs around. The weather in Austin is nicer than tobacco road or up east.
    I'm just a freshman in college in my country. I just started selecting the schools I'm going to apply for when I graduate here. I started to learn GMAT testing and understand how they work. The verbal part sucks. I have no problems with the math one, which is fairly easily so far, but English being my third language makes it sort of hard at the language part. But eh, 2 years and a half left. I just need to get a job this summer and work through college. Long road ahead. 🙂

I hate Andersen. He pisses me off just as much as Varejao!
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 22:40
    Dwight Howard gets suspended for Game 6 because of an above the shoulder elbow. By rule, that should have resulted in an immediate ejection, Wonder if the Magic would have won Game 5 without Superman's 24 points and 24 rebounds? (I doubt it)

Lots of cry-babying from Chicago. I still don't understand the criteria for a fragrant 1 (the rules use the word "unnecessary" to describe the "contact" but isn't any foul "unnecessary contact"?) but the idea that Rondo made no attempt at the ball is absurd (people seem to think that real life occurs in slow mo). No commentator has mentioned it, but if Miller's shot goes in, then he has a chance to make a 3-PT play that gives the Bulls the lead with 2.0 seconds left. I'd be curious to hear a rationale why an unintentional foul of that sort should be deemed a flagrant 1 (if any contact to the face is a flagrant 1, we should see about a half dozen a game).
  14. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 23:44
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Dwight Howard gets suspended for Game 6 because of an above the shoulder elbow. By rule, that should have resulted in an immediate ejection, Wonder if the Magic would have won Game 5 without Superman's 24 points and 24 rebounds? (I doubt it)

Lots of cry-babying from Chicago. I still don't understand the criteria for a fragrant 1 (the rules ...[text shortened]... if any contact to the face is a flagrant 1, we should see about a half dozen a game).
    I think the Bulls thought they were justified at the time to argue for a flagrant foul because of the
    force of the foul. "Look at the blood - it must be a flagrant!" And wouldn't you try anything you
    could to get an extra possession with 2 seconds left down by 2? Basketball has become too much
    of a game of flops and posturing with the referees. It doesn't seem that long ago that players
    were tough enough to get hit and not whine about it and take the foul that was not called.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 00:24
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    I think the Bulls thought they were justified at the time to argue for a flagrant foul because of the
    force of the foul. "Look at the blood - it must be a flagrant!" And wouldn't you try anything you
    could to get an extra possession with 2 seconds left down by 2? Basketball has become too much
    of a game of flops and posturing with the refere ...[text shortened]...
    were tough enough to get hit and not whine about it and take the foul that was not called.
    Of course, I don't blame them for lobbying for the call DURING the game; heck, Pierce and Doc were trying to get an "in the act of shooting call" on the last possession! I was more referring to the after game comments by Gordon (in particular) and the Bulls' coach and the "we wuz robbed" bloggers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree