1. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 22:25
    Originally posted by Red Night
    "Hawaii has June Jones as their coach, he couldn't have beaten UGA when he coached the Atlanta Falcons. "

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa
    That was another good one!

Dave
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 13:591 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I don't think point spreads were available for most of the games.
    As usual, your information is incorrect. I saw point spreads for ALL the bowl games in my local paper yesterday. Here's an online source: http://www.collegefootballlocks.com/bcs_college_bowl_game_championship_series_picks.shtml

Of course, I don't want to be committed to the point spread picks this early; no one in their right mind would pick on the points two weeks or a month before the game. I'll let people know if I want to change the point spread picks and I might take a whack at the over/unders too. For some reason, the person who started the thread wanted the picks really early (odd since no games start before December 20). But I'll stick with my winner/loser picks; I'm not like RN who last year boldly predicted that OSU and Michigan would remain 1 and 2 after the bowl games and then claimed after the BCS Title game that he had changed his mind and bet Florida.🙄
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 14:12
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    That was another good one!

Dave
    I'm curious if any of the three of you have actually watched a Hawaii game this year. Not just ESPN highlights or a few minutes, but a whole game (or at least most of a game).

His comments were even more ignorant of college football then yours.
  4. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 18:02
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I'm curious if any of the three of you have actually watched a Hawaii game this year. Not just ESPN highlights or a few minutes, but a whole game (or at least most of a game).

His comments were even more ignorant of college football then yours.
    Exactly what was ignorant about my comments? Quite a few of them shared some of the same info as your comments. Mixed in some facts with a little humor and my personal opinion. Don't attack someone over a difference in opinion. If my facts are wrong, call me out on them. I don't admit to know everything about college football, but I sure as heck watch a lot of it, probably been to more games in person than you have as well.

Won't admit to have seen much of Hawaii this year, did watch their comeback win against UW, the last place team in the PAC-10, the other night. Look at who Hawaii has played...opponent's combined record is a whopping 53-92, 2 teams were 1-AA or FCS or whatever you want to call it these days. That's a winning percentage of 36.6%, better than Congress's approval rating, but majorly sucking in the world of college football. Hawaii has beaten 2 teams with winning records, Boise State and Fresno State, both were home games. I think they do have a definite home field advantage. What 18-19 y/o kid wouldn't be a little caught up visiting HI for a game?

Georgia is one of the hottest teams in the country right now. Would I beat totally shocked if Hawaii beats UGA? No, see Boise St. against Oklahoma last year. But UGA has far superior talent and big game experience playing in the SEC every week compared to Hawaii playing in the WAC.

Let's see who ends up with the better predictions once the bowls are over with. You win, CONGRATS, I win, you congratulate me. You want to dispute facts, feel free to bring them on, but if you're on here to get a rise out of me, well it's going to take a lot more than this no2marauder.
  5. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 18:11
    Dave runs around the room...hand...pumping in air screaming "You Go Ash!!!!!"

I do see now bro why you never post in the forums...that is all that guy is here for is just to put people down...I guess he wasn't hugged enough as a kid or something.

Oh well...we will see who picked the best starting in a few weeks.

Dave
    ( who knows it won't be him...just having fun doing it )
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 18:24
    Originally posted by vacostner
    Exactly what was ignorant about my comments? Quite a few of them shared some of the same info as your comments. Mixed in some facts with a little humor and my personal opinion. Don't attack someone over a difference in opinion. If my facts are wrong, call me out on them. I don't admit to know everything about college football, but I sure as heck watch a lo ...[text shortened]... ere to get a rise out of me, well it's going to take a lot more than this no2marauder.
    If you watched Hawaii's win over Washington, you know that they stumbled early with three fumbles but then scored the last 28 points. Washington may be the last place team in the Pac-10 but they've played a bunch of bowl teams well, losing to USC 27-24 and leading Ohio State and Arizona State at halftime.

As to Hawaii's schedule this has all been covered in http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=79857. Suffice to say, Michigan State backed out of a scheduled game with the Rainbow Warriors (and had to pay Hawaii $250,000). ESPN then wanted Hawaii to open at Michigan; a game Hawaii was anxious to play, but Michigan demurred to play 1-AA App State. So Hawaii HAD to pick up a 1-AA (they even offered to play USC on the road but were turned down); the difference being Hawaii crushed their opponent while Michigan lost.

Georgia is the hottest team in the SEC, the deepest conference in NCAA football. But unlike Hawaii they have lost (including getting blown out by Tennessee which happens to have one of the better passers in the SEC). Hawaii does have have big game experience; last year they played Alabama, Purdue, Oregon State and crushed Arizona State in a bowl game. And Georgia's defense did get toasted for 373 yards passing against mid-major Troy; a game they struggled to win 44-34 against an 8-4 Sun Belt team. I'm confident that Hawaii will score a lot against Georgia but I don't know if Hawaii can stop the Dawgs enough to win. But your comments about a team you know virtually nothing about were ridiculous.
  7. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 18:31
    Look you are building a straw man here.

your picks are your picks...noone said you were an idiot or anything...but yet you come on here and attack everyone else's picks.

Why?

I could have picked all of the ones I thought would lose and it wouldn't have anything to do with you.

we all have a different opinion on who is going to win the games...that was the whole purpose of doing this...yet for some odd reason you feel the need to have everyone think you are God or something and should be sitting in Lee Corso's desk every saturday.

Talk about the games...but quit attacking people!

Dave
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 18:33

your picks are your picks...noone said you were an idiot or anything...but yet you come on here and attack everyone else's picks.

Why?

I could have picked all of the ones I thought would lose and it wouldn't have anything to do with you.

we all have a different opinion on who is going to win the games...th ...[text shortened]... Lee Corso's desk every saturday.

Dave
    What a hypocrite; you and RN were attacking me personally BEFORE I even posted in this thread! And now you're crying about "attacks"???🙄
  9. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 18:41
    What a hypocrite; you and RN were attacking me personally BEFORE I even posted in this thread! And now you're crying about "attacks"???🙄
    I have big shoulders...so if you want to yell at me that is fine.

vacostner NEVER said a thing to you yet you feel the need to attack him.

The only reason you attack people is to fill some void in your life I guess.

As for me attacking you...I don't think I ever really did. I just tried to get you involved in this so you would back up all the crap you were spouting at RN.

Like I said...sit back...watch the games...and we will see who picked best. that was all this was for was fun. You on the other hand are singularly trying to take the fun out of it.

Dave
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 18:50

As for me attacking you...I don't think I ever really did. I just tried to get you involved in this so you would back up all the crap ...[text shortened]... was for was fun. You on the other hand are singularly trying to take the fun out of it.

Dave
    An insult to the mighty Rainbow Warriors, soon to be the REAL National Champions, cannot be tolerated.

Grab a hanky and stop crying. And give up on the Sigmund Freud crap. You started a thread for comments about the picks and now want to shut people up. Make up yer "mind".
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 18:541 edit

As for me attacking you...I don't think I ever really did. I just tried to get you involved in this so you would back up all the crap ...[text shortened]... was for was fun. You on the other hand are singularly trying to take the fun out of it.

Dave
    Trust me, RN deserves all the crap that is spouted at him.

ALL OF IT.

PS - Thread 82223
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 19:061 edit

Why?

we all have a different opinion on who is going to win the games...th ...[text shortened]... Lee Corso's desk every saturday.

Dave
    defrauder fighting with everyone in the thread....how unusual.
  13. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 19:29
    If you watched Hawaii's win over Washington, you know that they stumbled early with three fumbles but then scored the last 28 points. Washington may be the last place team in the Pac-10 but they've played a bunch of bowl teams well, losing to USC 27-24 and leading Ohio State and Arizona State at halftime.

As to Hawaii's schedule this has all b ...[text shortened]... h to win. But your comments about a team you know virtually nothing about were ridiculous.
    So, you're an expert and have watched every single team the same number of games this year? Wish I had that much free time on my hands.

I never said Hawaii was a bad team, I made a comment about their coach's NFL career. And I picked Georgia to beat them in the Sugar Bowl. Going undefeated at any level is a hell of an accomplishment. Didn't I mention their comeback in my post? HELLO, IS THIS THING ON??? You can't argue against facts, they didn't play anybody THIS YEAR! No one cares about who they played last year or who wouldn't play them this year. I agree, I think they will put some points on the board, but if UW can score 28 on them, I think UGA can score 40+. A loss is a loss, doesn't matter if it's by 3 or 30. Big deal, UW was in the game at halftime against OSU and ASU, football is a 60 minute game.

If you want to do it right, set up a 16 team playoff like 1-AA does it. Keep the bowls for the lesser teams and everyone is making $$$ and is happy. That way everything is decided on the field and not by some opinionated polls by voters that don't have time to watch all the games themselves.
  14. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 21:40
    I have said it once and i will say it again...ASH KNOWS COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

His posts definetly prove it.

Dave
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 21:50
    I have said it once and i will say it again...ASH KNOWS COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

His posts definetly prove it.

Dave
    **SERIOUS FACE**

What an ass-kisser.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree