Rugby World Cup

Rugby World Cup

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
26 Oct 07

s

Moves
29 Oct 07

I sense some posts have been removed....

s

Moves
30 Oct 07

Could one of the mods get back to me please. This is regardng the removal of posts in this thread.

Thanks.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Oct 07

Originally posted by Roley
Why is this such a troubling factor to you? It seems like you are under the impression that coloured / black south african rugby players can't play as good as white SA rugby players!?...clearly you are not emotionally connected to the SA rugby history in relation to coloureds and blacks. If u get updated wiyh the SAR history since the 1800's, u will understand why these changes are neccesary.
🙁
One of the things that really shocked me about the recent rugby world championships was the dearth of black players.

Most of the games were televised in the US and I watched a portion of the final game on a two day delay.

The first thing I noticed was that both teams were entirely white (I thought). Then, I realized that both had one black player. The english black player looked very good. I was surprised he didn't do more.

The SA black player didn't do anything that i noticed when I was watching.

V
King of the Ring-er

Moves
30 Oct 07

It shouldn't be about the colour of the skin, but of the ability of the player.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Oct 07

Originally posted by Virtue76
It shouldn't be about the colour of the skin, but of the ability of the player.
I agree!

So why are there so few Blacks in the sport?

After watching the USA black run by that other team like they were standing still, it is obvious that blacks can play.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
30 Oct 07

Originally posted by Red Night
I agree!

So why are there so few Blacks in the sport?

After watching the USA black run by that other team like they were standing still, it is obvious that blacks can play.
The mods removed reference to a a racist term posted by a member.. I have no idea if a complaint was made.

In England Rugby is somewhat a middle/upper class game.. the proportion of African & Caribbean Brits in the Rugby playing schools may be the main factor but definitely not racist selection.

An earlier post from SA explains that many indigenous SA's are relatively small in stature which restricts ability to get in the forwards but many have ended up on the wing as talented runners with the ball.

Pacific Islands, Aus & NZ love physical football codes which are very much part of the culture. We embrace and multiculturalism especially in sport where Island strength, flair and cheek comes through in skill.

If the USA ever gets into Rugby big time and some of their huge Afro Americans take it up look out Rugby they'll be awesome and hey they can always buy a coach from down under.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Oct 07

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
The mods removed reference to a a racist term posted by a member.. I have no idea if a complaint was made.

In England Rugby is somewhat a middle/upper class game.. the proportion of African & Caribbean Brits in the Rugby playing schools may be the main factor but definitely not racist selection.

An earlier post from SA explains that many indigenous ...[text shortened]... e it up look out Rugby they'll be awesome and hey they can always buy a coach from down under.
The one US player who was black was from Zimbabwe.

I guess the blacks in Zimbabwe are different then those in SA...🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
30 Oct 07

Originally posted by Red Night
I guess the blacks in Zimbabwe are different then those in SA...🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Yeah, they're much slimmer for a start.

s

Moves
31 Oct 07

Originally posted by Crowley
Yeah, they're much slimmer for a start.
You might want to watch what you say.

Racial generalizations are not really appropriate.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
31 Oct 07

Originally posted by saffa73

Jesus, did you lose your sense of humour when you landed on a rain-soaked Heathrow?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
31 Oct 07

He was actually differentiating within a race.

s

Moves
01 Nov 07

Originally posted by Crowley
Jesus, did you lose your sense of humour when you landed on a rain-soaked Heathrow?
You're saying it was a joke? Fine.

So it was a joke about Black people. That's racist. Please remove your post.

s

Moves
01 Nov 07

Originally posted by Palynka
He was actually differentiating within a race.
Technically true, I'll give you that. Nonetheless, the post remains a bit blurry as regards racist and inappropriate, particularly coming from a mod.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
01 Nov 07
1 edit

You're saying it was a joke? Fine.

So it was a joke about Black people. That's racist. Please remove your post.
It's a joke about poverty, not race.