Rugby World Cup

Rugby World Cup

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
01 Nov 07

Originally posted by saffa73
No, he insulted me, made a racist and inappropriate joke, made a blasphemous remark, and all this in a thread that he is supposed to be moderating.
While I should know better than getting involved in something so petty, I thought I'd have a look at some of your previous posts... Within 3 pages, you'd insulted women and equated all Muslims as suicide bombers.
http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=74149&page=2
This bigoted comment isn't open to interpretation. It is bigotry, plain and simple.

Crowley's comment could only be interpreted as racist by somebody who has a chip on their shoulder AND misinterprets it, whether intentionally or not.

If you have a problem with posts on here, alert them. If you have a problem with moderation, send feedback. Inventing accusations of racism doesn't help anybody, especially not you or Crowley.

D

s

Moves
01 Nov 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
While I should know better than getting involved in something so petty, I thought I'd have a look at some of your previous posts... Within 3 pages, you'd insulted women and equated all Muslims as suicide bombers.
http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=74149&page=2
This bigoted comment isn't open to interpretation. It is bigotry, plai ...[text shortened]... Inventing accusations of racism doesn't help anybody, especially not you or Crowley.

D
Youve quoted a posting I made in a thread, then made a few accusations. Which I will comment on.

1. Where in the post you posted did I insult women? I can find no refernce to any women in my post.

2. I did not equate all Muslims as suicide bombers, I said my conversation with the Muslim I was talking to ended with him threatening me with suicide bombing - he did say this, it was a real conversation.

3. That you might find fault with the post you 'quoted' is one thing. It does not exonerate Crowley.

s

Moves
01 Nov 07

Oh, I have send feedback by the way.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
01 Nov 07

Youve quoted a posting I made in a thread, then made a few accusations. Which I will comment on.

1. Where in the post you posted did I insult women? I can find no refernce to any women in my post.

2. I did not equate all Muslims as suicide bombers, I said my conversation with the Muslim I was talking to ended with him threatening me with suicide bombin ...[text shortened]... t you might find fault with the post you 'quoted' is one thing. It does not exonerate Crowley.
It was a different post.

Because I don't have more time to waste on your twittery, I'll paraphrase...
"Hockey is a women's sport. REAL MEN play ice hockey"

Pretty demeaning to women, if you ask me.

Of course it was a real conversation. All Muslims are suicide bombers after all, aren't they? Well done on posting a "real conversation" which promotes that widely held, bigoted belief. 🙄

I hope you get satisfaction from your feedback. Russ is normally fairly diplomatic, and is unlikely to call you on how idiotic and childish you're being. Are you sore that a couple of your posts got modded in this thread? Is that what brought this churlishness on?

D

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
02 Nov 07

2. I did not equate all Muslims as suicide bombers, I said my conversation with the Muslim I was talking to ended with him threatening me with suicide bombin ...[text shortened]... t you might find fault with the post you 'quoted' is one thing. It does not exonerate Crowley.
Don't let ragnorrant get under your skin, he's just trolling the thread trying to rile people up...as always.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
02 Nov 07

Hold on a minute.

You are a moderator on these forums. In what way am I irritating you?

I accused you of making a racist joke. I also accused you of using blasphemous language. Please comment on these accusations, rather than just saying that I 'irritate' you.
Why does it always come back to that?
So, just because I'm a mod means I can't poke fun at anyone or disagree with anyone one on these forums? Is that about right?

The joke was obviously not racist. Apparently your definition of racism differs from mine.
These are not Christian forums, so I can blasphemy as much much as I want.

Now we've cleared that up, you irritate me because you are continuing to accuse me of making a racist joke, when I obviously didn't.
Are we clear now?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by Red Night
Don't let ragnorrant get under your skin, he's just trolling the thread trying to rile people up...as always.
LOL! Says the guy who only came to a Rugby thread to accuse the entire sport of racism, post after post after post.

Troll on, Red.

D

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
02 Nov 07

Your point 2

How do you not know that the Muslim you were speaking to was not joking with you.

By the way you must of whinged about my earlier post to,it was a joke,if you cant take jokes mate,dont come in here bantering.

s

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by boarman
Your point 2

How do you not know that the Muslim you were speaking to was not joking with you.

By the way you must of whinged about my earlier post to,it was a joke,if you cant take jokes mate,dont come in here bantering.
My point 2 - one shouldn't joke about such things. End of.

No, I didn't whinge about your earlier post, I simply replied to it, saying that you were an insult or something to that effect. Your post was removed, as was mine since I unfortunately quoted yours in mine.

s

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by Crowley
Why does it always come back to that?
So, just because I'm a mod means I can't poke fun at anyone or disagree with anyone one on these forums? Is that about right?

The joke was obviously not racist. Apparently your definition of racism differs from mine.
These are not Christian forums, so I can blasphemy as much much as I want.

Now we've cleared th ...[text shortened]... continuing to accuse me of making a racist joke, when I obviously didn't.
Are we clear now?
You say that since this is not the Spirituality forum that you are free to blaspheme as much as you like? Even if people on this forum might find that offensive? Probably you also feel that since it isn't the Racism forum that you can make racist jokes as well.

And YES, the fact that you are a moderator on this forum means you have to be nicer, politer, cleaner, kinder, more politically correct and more sensitive than the majority of people posting here. Otherwise your credibility as a mod is on shaky ground.

Case in point is the removal of a one racist comment in this thread. You also removed my post ( in which I quoted the offending post ) in which I attacked ( quite justifiably ) the original poster. But then you feel it's OK for you to go ahead and make reacist jokes in the same thread. That's NOT on.

Anyway, this will be my last post on this thread pending my receiving a reply from Russ/Chris regarding my complaint.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
02 Nov 07

You say that since this is not the Spirituality forum that you are free to blaspheme as much as you like? Even if people on this forum might find that offensive? Probably you also feel that since it isn't the Racism forum that you can make racist jokes as well.

And YES, the fact that you are a moderator on this forum means you have to be nicer, politer, c ...[text shortened]... last post on this thread pending my receiving a reply from Russ/Chris regarding my complaint.
Why should I have to walk on the proverbial eggs around idiots like you, who apparently doesn't even understand the definition of racism - a word you've been throwing around indiscriminately in this thread, when I've paid my subscription to use this service, just like you?
I volunteer some time to keep the forums running smoothly, that's all. I try my utmost to always stay within the 'rules' of these forums and I believe I do.

But, I'm an opinionated person and I won't change my posting style just because some of it offends you.

The joke was never racist.
Not here or on any other plane of reality or parallel world.
Everybody else here agrees that it wasn't racist. Do you believe everyone here to be racist, or maybe, just maybe, you're reading too much into my post and are over-reacting?

Anyway, good luck with your feedback.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by Crowley

The joke was never racist.
Not here or on any other plane of reality or parallel world.
Everybody else here agrees that it wasn't racist. .
I think it was a racist comment.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by Red Night
I think it was a racist comment.
Suspending reality for a moment like you and saffa... in what way is comparing one group of black people with another group of black people racist? For example, if I said that Irish whites have unhealthier livers than Australian whites, please explain to me exactly how my comment is racist.

Didn't your comment also compare black South Africans with Zim blacks. Crowley's comment can't be racist unless you accept that you have also made a racist comment.

Unfortunately for you, when you assume a position which you don't truly believe, then the inconsistencies of your position start to catch up with you.

Nice effort in trying to undermine a site volunteer due to your own private vendetta. You and saffa are real heroes. Ye might want to read the forum posting guidelines if ye want to continue attacking Crowley.

D

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
02 Nov 07

My point 2 - one shouldn't joke about such things. End of.

No, I didn't whinge about your earlier post, I simply replied to it, saying that you were an insult or something to that effect. Your post was removed, as was mine since I unfortunately quoted yours in mine.
Mate you can joke about any subject on earth,its how and what you make of it.Just look at all the stand up comics and comedians of the world,they do it all the time.
When you can accept it as a joke and only a joke then you will be right,its when the remarks are said as not a joke,thats when there should be problems.

Dont come to Australia then if you cant handle jokes mate,cause there is so much Aussie larrikinism here .

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Suspending reality for a moment like you and saffa... in what way is comparing one group of black people with another group of black people racist? For example, if I said that Irish whites have unhealthier livers than Australian whites, please explain to me exactly how my comment is racist.

Didn't your comment also compare black South Africans with Zi ...[text shortened]... ght want to read the forum posting guidelines if ye want to continue attacking Crowley.

D
What you mean my liver is healthier than those Irish,damn i need more time in the pub.
Or you might be suggesting that Guiness is worse for you.

HA HA HA