1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 23:24
    Why is it that everytime that Arsenal are getting beaten that they lose self discipline and that they resort to cheating and thuggery?

They were embarrassed by United's reserves tonight, and hopefully the FA will look at video evidence and introduce a ban for Gallas. Silva should also have been sent off for cynically hacking down Saha towards the end. Lawrenson was talking shyte when he said it was sensible reffing not to send him off, but a booking is a booking is a booking. With Arsenal's wafer thin squad, Silva not being banned for a Premiership match could be crucial in the run in.

I guess the team have to take after the manager. Wenger is a lying (not alone amongst football managers), a hypocrite (accusing Blackburn of being thugs while his teams have the most sendings off of any Premiership team), a sore-loser (physically attacking Curbishley for "over celebrating" ), and an apologist for thuggery (says that Nani deserved the attempted leg-breaking treatment which Arsenal dished out to him). I can just imagine Wenger watching this video and justifying the tackles as "deserved".

At least we've seen that when the chips are down, Arsenal fall apart. It's happened twice now. Should be an interesting run in.

D
  2. LA
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 06:59
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Why is it that everytime that Arsenal are getting beaten that they lose self discipline and that they resort to cheating and thuggery?

They were embarrassed by United's reserves tonight, and hopefully the FA will look at video evidence and introduce a ban for Gallas. Silva should also have been sent off for cynically hacking down Saha towards the end. ...[text shortened]... wn, Arsenal fall apart. It's happened twice now. Should be an interesting run in.

D
    Great game.
    Arsenal will get destoryed by Milan now and if history is anything to go by they will mentally collapse in the remaining league games.

Again Sir Alex shows the way to beat Arsenal.
    Fletcher took Fabregas out of the game and they can't stand up to a physical game, they only know one way to play.

As for Wenger, you can sort of undersrand his frustrations.
    He has such bad eyesight, he never see's the incidents when his players are hacking down players.
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 09:54
    I quite enjoyed watching the Arsenal players dishing out a bit of 'clump'... a refreshing change to the non-contact sport that football has become over the last 10 years... the pitch could've been a bit muddier though just to add a little more authenticity!
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 09:57
    the media hype of how good the arsenal 'youngstar' or 'second team' are has been put to rest.

Arsenal fans like Dicky (who has been very quite of late) have been giving it large about how their second team could play in the prem leaue (again media hype)

Now twice in the space of 3 weeks we have seen how the so called arsenal youngstars (second team!!!??) dont have the bottle of the exprience when they comeup against a real battle.

5-1 at WHL followed by 4-0 at Old T. Both times as Reg said they 'lost' it. Adabyayor should have been sent off at the Lane for headbutting his own team mate and Gallis should have gone at Old T for that 'afters' he served on Nani.

Gallis has not been the same player at arsenal as he was at chelsea, everytime Arsenal struggle in a match, he loses it. He did it against spurs and now at Onld T.

Wenger has lived under a lot of media hype, but people forgot they have not won anything for 4 or is it 5 years now. They have reached finals Ok ..but they have not won anything.

All of Wengers success come in the first 5 years of being in charge, when he had George grahams defence of SEAMAN, DIXON, ADAMS,KENOW AND WINTERBURE,

Since they all retired, Arsenal have won no trophies.
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 10:28
    They miss the Dutch Master too...
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 17:51
    Originally posted by blade68
    I quite enjoyed watching the Arsenal players dishing out a bit of 'clump'... a refreshing change to the non-contact sport that football has become over the last 10 years... the pitch could've been a bit muddier though just to add a little more authenticity!
    Now I understand why you don't like Rio. You don't like reading of the game, top class flowing football or fair play... just leg breakers from behind. Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

To be honest, I preferred watching the flowing football of United over Arsenal trying to break United's legs, only to tackle their shadows.

D
  7. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 18:03
    Now I understand why you don't like Rio. You don't like reading of the game, top class flowing football or fair play... just leg breakers from behind. Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

To be honest, I preferred watching the flowing football of United over Arsenal trying to break United's legs, only to tackle their shadows.

D
    Once again you misunderstand me Rag...

I love watching the beautiful game, played beautifully.... all I said was that I also thought it was a refreshing change to see some good old 'clumping'...

The game has got too sterile, and there's just as much guile and skill involved in avoiding crunching tackles as there is in playing decent football.

Let me ask you this.
    Would you rather watch Hyppia vs Adebayor, or Tommy Smith vs Malcolm MacDonald?

...and don't go jumping up and down on my examples, I'm merely trying to make a point...
  8. England
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 21:05
    Originally posted by spurs73

All of Wengers success come in the first 5 years of being in charge, when he had George grahams defence of SEAMAN, DIXON, ADAMS,KENOW AND WINTERBURE,

Since they all retired, Arsenal have won no trophies.
    What about 2003/04. Keown was still there but the starting back four was Lauren, Toure, Campbell and Cole. Also it was more than five years after Wegner took over. They also won the FA cup in 2005 I think.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 21:31
    Once again you misunderstand me Rag...

I love watching the beautiful game, played beautifully.... all I said was that I also thought it was a refreshing change to see some good old 'clumping'...

The game has got too sterile, and there's just as much guile and skill involved in avoiding crunching tackles as there is in playing decent football.

Let me ...[text shortened]...

...and don't go jumping up and down on my examples, I'm merely trying to make a point...
    Watch some United games. You'll see plenty of examples of Brown winning the ball and clumping the player legally as opposed to the Arsenal boys last night forgetting about football and just trying to break legs.

Vidic is another man who knows how to hit hard legally.

D
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 23:07
    Watch some United games. You'll see plenty of examples of Brown winning the ball and clumping the player legally as opposed to the Arsenal boys last night forgetting about football and just trying to break legs.

Vidic is another man who knows how to hit hard legally.

D
    what about roy keane..did he know how to hit hard legally?

Brown is not a HARD MAN.... he looks hard in todays football... but if he was playing in the 70s his tackles are like a pussycats'!
  11. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 09:06
    In 20 years time, when debates come up in the pub about 'hard men', somehow I don't hear blokes saying Tommy Smith, Graeme Souness, Stuart Pearce, Wes Brown in the same sentence do you?

I'm going to give over discussing anything with Ragnorak... I'm struggling to understand which planet he comes from!

🙄
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 09:39
    In 20 years time, when debates come up in the pub about 'hard men', somehow I don't hear blokes saying Tommy Smith, Graeme Souness, Stuart Pearce, Wes Brown in the same sentence do you?

I'm going to give over discussing anything with Ragnorak... I'm struggling to understand which planet he comes from!

🙄
    Sorry lads, I didn't realise that we were talking about hard men. In fact, I haven't even seen it mentioned so far in this thread until Durrs post 3 up. Maybe, it's because I'm from planet Earth that I only read what is written.

As far as I was aware, we were talking about enjoying "clumping", and I pointed out that I enjoy Brown's legal but very strong clumps.

D
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 10:07
    Sorry lads, I didn't realise that we were talking about hard men. In fact, I haven't even seen it mentioned so far in this thread until Durrs post 3 up. Maybe, it's because I'm from planet Earth that I only read what is written.

As far as I was aware, we were talking about enjoying "clumping", and I pointed out that I enjoy Brown's legal but very strong clumps.

D
    Oh come on. I'm willing to admit when a Liverpool player's cack (Voronin, Aurelio, Riise). Surely all this talk of Wes Brown's "clumping" is just a smokescreen for the fact that he's uber gash?
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 10:171 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Oh come on. I'm willing to admit when a Liverpool player's cack (Voronin, Aurelio, Riise). Surely all this talk of Wes Brown's "clumping" is just a smokescreen for the fact that he's uber gash?
    It's a little unfair comparing Brown to those donkeys, to be honest. I@d put him more on a level with your other donkeys: Carragher, Finnan, etc. He's played most games are right back for United this season, a United which currently has by far and away the best defensive record in the League.

I'll admit he wouldn't be my first choice right back (which he isn't), but he can do a solid enough job, with occasional lapses of concetration leading to the giving away of frees or loss of player. His attacking play has vastly improved this season as well.

When I referred to his "clumping", I was referring to tackles like the one he did against Martin Petrov, for example. He won the ball and THEN launched Petrov 6 feet into the air.

D
  15. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 10:52
    Threads hardly ever end up being about the same subject that the title suggests, we all know that!

... and I bet you wouldn't have called Smith, Souness, and Pearce 'donkeys' if you'd faced them on the pitch Rag?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree