1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 02:45
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    They actually aren't. So stuff it big market marauder.

That dubious loss against the Hawks will be erased when they next meet. Packers will be running away with their tails between their legs.

Edit: they were overrated last year too as evidenced by their amazing playoff run. They were about right where they belonged the year they won the superbowl.
    They actually are, Homer. http://www.betvega.com/super-bowl-odds/
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 03:16
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    They actually are, Homer. http://www.betvega.com/super-bowl-odds/
    Wow, on one site. The 49ers were favorites last week on one site so I guess they're gonna blast evryone up and walk through the playoffs to a superbowl win.

Most sites have the packers ranked lower than the falcons and the 49ers but still above the Seahawks and most power rankings have the packers below the seahawks and falcons but just above the niners.

Football outsiders has them just below the 49ers with the Seahawks, Broncos and Patriots tops.

The best bet is probably taking an average of these which would have the packers clearly not even #3. Btw sbnation does advanced rankings which will be out in the next couple of days and is a more credible source than some betting site designed to take your money.
  3. Joined
    03 Dec '12
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 18:44
    As of right now the defense and special teams are light years better than the 05 hawks team. I think their schedule is a bit tougher in '12 as well.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 16:09
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I never said they lost because of Alex Smith not playing. I said they lost because of being outplayed in every phase of the game. You sure make all sorts of excuses. If the missing players weren't powderpuff sissies they'd be in. I except Manningham who was injured thanks to dumb Kaepernick throwing late to a player he should have seen was going to be s ...[text shortened]... 36 244 52.8 6.8 1 13 1 1 72.0
    Loser stats in anyone's book! Shameful!
    You said, "Harbaugh will rue the day he bucked convention in favor of Krapernick."

Smith put it similar numbers to Kaepernick and the exact same score under MUCH easier conditions. That is just a fact, and your post contains nothing but spin, smokescreen and deflections.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 21:45
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    You said, "Harbaugh will rue the day he bucked convention in favor of Krapernick."

Smith put it similar numbers to Kaepernick and the exact same score under MUCH easier conditions. That is just a fact, and your post contains nothing but spin, smokescreen and deflections.
    His only td was in garbage time... You can use putting up the same score as a defense but it just sound dumb. Alex smith has shown that he knows how to play and win at clink and in the playoffs.

I get the feeling Harbaugh just wanted his own RGIII/Russel Wilson but the 49ers had way more to lose than either the Seahawks or Redskins by switching QBs.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 00:48
    His only td was in garbage time... You can use putting up the same score as a defense but it just sound dumb. Alex smith has shown that he knows how to play and win at clink and in the playoffs.

I get the feeling Harbaugh just wanted his own RGIII/Russel Wilson but the 49ers had way more to lose than either the Seahawks or Redskins by switching QBs.
    Alex Smith doesn't win games, the team does. The question is how much Smith had to do with those wins, and in the case of the first game against the Seahawks his contribution was practically nil.

A team wining doesn't make every player on the starting lineup immune to being replaced. Even Superbowl champions replace starters.

Your assertion about Harbaugh is ludicrous. He traded down just to acquire Kaepernick and he signed Smith to a non-committal contract for a reason. Smith would likely have been gone next year anyway. When he got hurt and Kaepernick dismantled the Bears, that just sped things along.

A coach of Harbaugh's caliber isn't going to make a major decision just so he can have his own toy.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 06:452 edits
    Alex Smith doesn't win games, the team does. The question is how much Smith had to do with those wins, and in the case of the first game against the Seahawks his contribution was practically nil.

A team wining doesn't make every player on the starting lineup immune to being replaced. Even Superbowl champions replace starters.

Your as ...[text shortened]... of Harbaugh's caliber isn't going to make a major decision just so he can have his own toy.
    A coach of his caliber? I think it remains to be seen what his "caliber" actually is. He has yet to do anything of significance. He inherited a team full of stars and turned them into what they were supposed to be.

I think he is a complete ego maniac. Have you seen any of his post game interviews?
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 08:43
    A coach of his caliber? I think it remains to be seen what his "caliber" actually is. He has yet to do anything of significance. He inherited a team full of stars and turned them into what they were supposed to be.

I think he is a complete ego maniac. Have you seen any of his post game interviews?
    He took a mediocre San Diego team and quickly turned them into an 11-1 team for two straight years. He then took a 1-12 Stanford team, improved them each year and they were 12-1 his last year with them.

He took a 49ers team who sucked for years through multiple coaches and offensive coordinators and immediately turned the team around. Ah! But that's all negated because Homer Seahawk says they were "supposed" be winning all those years.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 09:271 edit
    He took a mediocre San Diego team and quickly turned them into an 11-1 team for two straight years. He then took a 1-12 Stanford team, improved them each year and they were 12-1 his last year with them.

He took a 49ers team who sucked for years through multiple coaches and offensive coordinators and immediately turned the team around. Ah ...[text shortened]... hat's all negated because Homer Seahawk says they were "supposed" be winning all those years.
    Go suck his dick then. I never said the team "should" have been winning in past years, I said he took a talented team and got wins so he definitely is at least more competent than the previous coaches. He has a team with 9 pro bowlers on it, the most of any other team, and his team is only 10-4-1.... Woah! He's such a high caliber coach!

But homer 49er (still confused how this has anything to do with my criticism of Harbaugh) can believe whatever delusional fantasy he wants but that doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh hasn't proven himself on any level.
  10. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 15:22
    Go suck his dick then. I never said the team "should" have been winning in past years, I said he took a talented team and got wins so he definitely is at least more competent than the previous coaches. He has a team with 9 pro bowlers on it, the most of any other team, and his team is only 10-4-1.... Woah! He's such a high caliber coach!

But homer 49er ...[text shortened]... he wants but that doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh hasn't proven himself on any level.
    You said, "and turned them into what they were supposed to be."

And how many were in the pro bowl before he took over? A whopping TWO.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d5d81d470fb/article/2011-pro-bowl-rosters
  11. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 17:41

But homer 49er ...[text shortened]... he wants but that doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh hasn't proven himself on any level.
    Harbaugh has proven himself enough at the college and pro level to never be without a job in football again, that's for sure.
  12. Joined
    03 Dec '12
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 19:57
    Richard Sherman getting snubbed from the Pro Bowl. 😞

I guess he wasn't on Tom Brady's ballot.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 23:18
    You said, "and turned them into what they were supposed to be."

And how many were in the pro bowl before he took over? A whopping TWO.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d5d81d470fb/article/2011-pro-bowl-rosters
    The only two to make the pro bowl this year that weren't on the roster in 2010 were Aldon Smith and Donte Whitner. Aldon Smith is talented but he mainly makes the roster because of Justin Smith who was on the roster in 2010... Its also funny to note that Navorrow Bowmann, Chris Maragos, and Mike Iupati were all drafted when Singletary was the caoch but he was fired before ever getting a chance to use them.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_San_Francisco_49ers_season
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 23:49
    My upset picks are Cardinals over 49ers and Vikings over Packers.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 15:52
    The only two to make the pro bowl this year that weren't on the roster in 2010 were Aldon Smith and Donte Whitner. Aldon Smith is talented but he mainly makes the roster because of Justin Smith who was on the roster in 2010... Its also funny to note that Navorrow Bowmann, Chris Maragos, and Mike Iupati were all drafted when Singletary was the caoch but he ...[text shortened]... etting a chance to use them.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_San_Francisco_49ers_season
    Good coaches make players better. Steve Young was horrible with the Bucs and Bill Walsh and his staff turned him into a Hall of Fame QB.

"Its also funny to note that Navorrow Bowmann, Chris Maragos, and Mike Iupati were all drafted when Singletary was the caoch but he was fired before ever getting a chance to use them."

False. How on earth do you claim he didn't get a chance to use them? Why would you even bring up Maragos?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree