Seahawks will win NFC west

Seahawks will win NFC west

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
19 Dec 12

Originally posted by dryhump
You're missing the point, here. The seahawks might win 11 games this year. That's four more then last year. The colts have already won 7 more games than they did last year and their defense is lousy.
No, you're missing the point. Their nine wins are deceptive only proving that they are better than the bad teams this year. They lost to jacksonville and got BLOWN out by the JETS... His numbers suck it would be a disgrace to the NFL if he won it over RGIII or Wilson.

RGIII should win but there are still two games left which could change things.

d

Moves
20 Dec 12

Originally posted by tomtom232
No, you're missing the point. Their nine wins are deceptive only proving that they are better than the bad teams this year. They lost to jacksonville and got BLOWN out by the JETS... His numbers suck it would be a disgrace to the NFL if he won it over RGIII or Wilson.

RGIII should win but there are still two games left which could change things.
Look, it's okay if you like your home team guy more. The fact is, Seattle has a much better team than the colts. Their leading rusher has more yards than the top 3 rushers for Indianapolis combined. Luck has attempted more than 200 more passes this season than Russell Wilson. I'm not saying Russell Wilson hasn't played very well, because he obviously has, but football is about more than raw stats. You got to look into them a little bit. Indy was an awful team last year, while the seahawks were 7-9. Seattle has a terrific defense while Indianapolis' sucks. The fact is, Seattle would have been a decent team without Russell Wilson. What would Indianapolis look like without Andrew Luck? All that being said, i expect RG3 to win the award and he should. You're a disgrace for saying it would be a disgrace for Andrew Luck to win this award. No rookie has made a bigger impact on their team this year than Andrew Luck.

Seattle's schedule isn't stronger than Indianapolis' by the way, practically a dead heat.
The colts opponents have 128 wins while the seahawks opponents have 129.

b

Moves
20 Dec 12

...as of now IMO its

1.RG3 2.Wilson 3.Luck but Wilson could still has time to catch up.

t

Moves
20 Dec 12

Look, it's okay if you like your home team guy more. The fact is, Seattle has a much better team than the colts. Their leading rusher has more yards than the top 3 rushers for Indianapolis combined. Luck has attempted more than 200 more passes this season than Russell Wilson. I'm not saying Russell Wilson hasn't played very well, because he obviously has ...[text shortened]... y a dead heat.
Who care about defense? This is an offensive award and the Colts have better passing weapons. Without Luck, put any QB with similar stats and they will have about the same record.

Taking the win loss total from last year doesn't count... If you count this seasons total so far you will see a completely different picture and the colts only even get close because they are in the texans division. When you get blown out multiple times in a season and once by a team not even sniffing the playoffs you don't get a 9-5 record by having a tough schedule. Give them the Seahawks schedule and they likely go 5-9, if that.

Let's just look at this. They play jacksonville, KC, and tenn twice this year which should almost be guaranteed wins discounting the uncertainty of anything in the NFL... That six wins but they might only go 4-2 against these teams barely eking out most of the games.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Dec 12

You're missing the point, here. The seahawks might win 11 games this year. That's four more then last year. The colts have already won 7 more games than they did last year and their defense is lousy.
The Colts were a playoff team in 2010. I think everybody expected them to do much better than 2 wins this year. Their level of improvement is certainly a factor favoring Luck, but his numbers just don't compare to RG III.

t

Moves
20 Dec 12

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2012/12/19/3786210/2012-nfl-power-rankings-consensus-week-16

Colts are the most overrated team. The NFC has the nine most underrated teams. The Seahawks are about 50% underrated.

d

Moves
20 Dec 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
The Colts were a playoff team in 2010. I think everybody expected them to do much better than 2 wins this year. Their level of improvement is certainly a factor favoring Luck, but his numbers just don't compare to RG III.
I agree with your assessment, I stated in my last post he should win the award, it was just buried in my wall of text. I take offense with our resident homer claiming it would be a disgrace for Luck to win the award. I feel no rookie has been more valuable to his team then Andrew Luck. That being said, the award should go to RG3, who has been fantastic this year.

d

Moves
20 Dec 12

Who care about defense? This is an offensive award and the Colts have better passing weapons. Without Luck, put any QB with similar stats and they will have about the same record.

Taking the win loss total from last year doesn't count... If you count this seasons total so far you will see a completely different picture and the colts only even get close ...[text shortened]... t six wins but they might only go 4-2 against these teams barely eking out most of the games.
Without Luck, put any QB with similar stats and they will have about the same record.

I never realized it was so easy to find a winning QB in this league. You should have told the colts that last year, when they won only 2 games.

I did count this season's total, can you read? This season, the Seahawks opponents have a combined 129 wins while the Colts opponents have a combined 128 wins. Your claim that the Seahawks have played a tougher schedule doesn't hold water. The Seahawks have lost to 5 teams, one of which is a playoff contender. The other four are the rams 6-7-1, Detroit 4-10, Miami 6-8, Arizona 5-9, not exactly a list of the scariest teams in the nfl.

Look, Russell Wilson has played great this year, he is certainly having an excellent season. My point is that he doesn't have to carry the Seahawks the way Andrew Luck has to carry the Colts. 200 more pass attempts is not a small number. If Andrew Luck had a running back like Marshawn Lynch, who is probably the most overlooked player in the league, he might have had better numbers this year also. The fact is, without Luck, the colts are in the toilet again this year.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
20 Dec 12

The Colts were a playoff team when Peyton Manning was at the helm.
Many of his key players from 2010 are no longer in Indy either.
A couple of them are in Denver with Peyton now in fact.

This Indy team is not the same team they had in 2010...not even close.

That being said, I believe Luck was tossed into a sink or swim atmosphere, with no one
believing he would be able to do more than dog paddle. Then the head coach goes
down with cancer. How much more can you lay on the guy. Yet here he is, with his team
poised to make the playoffs this weekend against KC.

I am not trying to knock RGIII, but I do believe his running style will cut his career
short, because some over-zealous defender will take a knee or an ankle out. He
has already had two injuries this year (one concussion and one leg injury) in his
first year. He is smart and talented to be sure, but I think luck is smarter and he
won't ever be confused for a running back. He is going to have a long career, one
that very well could parallel his predecessor in Indy.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 12
1 edit

Here is hoping that the Vikings put those pansies from Huston Texas to the sword. Should be easy.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Dec 12

Look, it's okay if you like your home team guy more. The fact is, Seattle has a much better team than the colts. Their leading rusher has more yards than the top 3 rushers for Indianapolis combined. Luck has attempted more than 200 more passes this season than Russell Wilson. I'm not saying Russell Wilson hasn't played very well, because he obviously has ...[text shortened]... y a dead heat.
Indy's defense is actually much improved over the pathetic one it had last year; it's ranked 21st in yardage allowed rather than dead last as it was in 2011.

U

Moves
20 Dec 12
1 edit

NO one considers a 15 yard pass "deep". You want to now because its the only way to save your claim.

I'm sure a 17 yard pass "stretches" the defense far more than a 14 yard one.
LOL!

Yes, NO one considered it deep.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=QB

%Deep as defined by advanced NFL stats.com. "% Pass Att > 15 yards"

Throwing the ball beyond 45 feet is a very reasonable threshold for being considered a "deep" pass. The area 15-20 yards, well beyond the first down marker, are where Kaepernick's attempts really outshine Smith.

U

Moves
20 Dec 12
1 edit

You forget what he did against the Bills in the 49ers last 40 point performance. 303 yds on only 18 completions which is almost 17 yds per completion, 3 tds and no interceptions.

CK only had 216 yds on 14 completions which is about 15.5 yards per completions, 4 tds and 1 interception.

Please don't try to compare the teams becasue the Bills D actually sly match up really well against them and the other two are just damn good football teams.
Do yards win games or points?

OK, points, thank you for pointing that out.

Which team is dead last in points allowed, and which team middle of the pack?

Edit: Also, what Smith did against the worst scoring defense in the league was the greatest performance of his 8 year career. Kaepernick threw 4 long TD's against a middle-road scoring defense in what, his fifth or so start?

BTW, Alex Smith has literally never thrown 4 TD in a game.

t

Moves
20 Dec 12

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
Do yards win games or points?

OK, points, thank you for pointing that out.

Which team is dead last in points allowed, and which team middle of the pack?

Edit: Also, what Smith did against the worst scoring defense in the league was the greatest performance of his 8 year career. Kaepernick threw 4 long TD's against a middle-road scoring d ...[text shortened]... in what, his fifth or so start?

BTW, Alex Smith has literally never thrown 4 TD in a game.
Are you serious? An elite offense goes a long way to keep the other team from scoring. When you put up so many points you take the other team out of their game plan and make them play one dimensional on defense. If you give Buffalo Tom Brady and co their defensive numbers would likely be way better than the Patriots.

Yards counts the most, obviously since that's how they rank defenses LMAO! And you try to say you are not biased towards CK?

t

Moves
20 Dec 12

Without Luck, put any QB with similar stats and they will have about the same record.

I never realized it was so easy to find a winning QB in this league. You should have told the colts that last year, when they won only 2 games.

I did count this season's total, can you read? This season, the Seahawks opponents have a combined 129 wins while the Colts ...[text shortened]... bers this year also. The fact is, without Luck, the colts are in the toilet again this year.
"I did count this season's total, can you read? This season, the Seahawks opponents have a combined 129 wins while the Colts opponents have a combined 128 wins. Your claim that the Seahawks have played a tougher schedule doesn't hold water. The Seahawks have lost to 5 teams, one of which is a playoff contender. The other four are the rams 6-7-1, Detroit 4-10, Miami 6-8, Arizona 5-9, not exactly a list of the scariest teams in the nfl."

They are in the toilet. You need to learn how to count. The NFC has the four highest avg ranked divisions with the NFC west the toughest. Arizona also beat the Patriots on the way to starting 4-0... They obviously had something and lost it. The Rams are undefeated so far agaianst the toughest division in football beating and tying the 49ers.

My point is that he doesn't have to carry the Seahawks the way Andrew Luck has to carry the Colts.

I don't know how you can be considered to be carrying your team when you throw more than one pick per game on average... That's called hurting your chances and it shows he doesn't always make the best decisions. This is why teams like the jags and the jets were able to beat them, the jets blowing them out.

I'm all for giving credit where credit is due and he has done some great things but he has had a lot of problems and has struggled with interceptions...

You won't win an argument by saying Luck is playing better than expected, nobody expected Wilson to even make it in the NFL let alone start over Matt Flynn. So, if overcoming odds is the defining factor then Luck still doesn't rank above Wilson. Don't try to use the homer argument... While I'm definitely biased for my team I don't care what individual honors they get, I want the correct candidate to win the award which is why I think RGIII should win but Wilson is nipping at his heels and could overtake him in the last two games of the season.

Luck shouldn't win.... Period.