Seahawks will win NFC west

Seahawks will win NFC west

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by tomtom232
I forgot that Dallas still has to play Washington. I was thinking both teams go 10-6 and the Hawks go 11-5 then the Giants wouldn't make it in but this is obviously impossble.

Still, subjective and objective rankings have the NFC west as the strongest division, so I'm hardly exhibiting homerism.

Edit: here is the link

http://www.sbnation.com/2012 ...[text shortened]...

I already posted a different link earlier in this thread which uses the exact same article.
Opinions are free. The differences in strength between the NFC East, North and West is minuscule; the first two have three teams with winning records against only two in the West. Claiming that Russell Wilson should get extra credit for being in the "toughest division" is dubious esp. since he's only managed to go 1-3 there.

There's one way in sports you determine who's the better team; you look at the scoreboard at the end of the game. Every team in the NFC West will have played every team in the NFC North once after this week. So far, the North holds an 8-7 edge . Given that fact, a claim that the West is a better division is spurious.

t

Moves
22 Dec 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
Opinions are free. The differences in strength between the NFC East, North and West is minuscule; the first two have three teams with winning records against only two in the West. Claiming that Russell Wilson should get extra credit for being in the "toughest division" is dubious esp. since he's only managed to go 1-3 there.

There's one ...[text shortened]... olds an 8-7 edge . Given that fact, a claim that the West is a better division is spurious.
The argument was against Luck, not RGIII. I have repeatedly stated that, at this point in the season, RGIII wins it but Wilson could realistically catch him, albeit only in a statistical aspect. If they ended the season with almost exact same stats then RGIII will probably still get the award.

The point was that the Colts have had quite an easy schedule compared to the Seahawks.

b

Moves
22 Dec 12

The line for tomorrows game seems to be SF -1 39pts.. .thoughts?

t

Moves
22 Dec 12

Originally posted by bolty
The line for tomorrows game seems to be SF -1 39pts.. .thoughts?
A lot of places have it as a pick 'em.

U

Moves
23 Dec 12

Unfortunately it looks like Justin Smith won't be playing tomorrow. He's probably the one, single player you would LEAST want missing the game if you're a 49ers fan.

Now there's a real chance Seattle will win. If they do, no doubt the Peacocks homers will try to minimize the significance of him being out.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Dec 12

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
Unfortunately it looks like Justin Smith won't be playing tomorrow. He's probably the one, single player you would LEAST want missing the game if you're a 49ers fan.

Now there's a real chance Seattle will win. If they do, no doubt the Peacocks homers will try to minimize the significance of him being out.
Every team suffers injuries in a season. They are unconvincing excuses if your team loses; one player is not a team and teams should be designed to absorb the inevitable reality of injuries.

I see no reason to concede the game before it is played; the 49ers have an excellent chance to beat the Seahawks again esp. if CK plays as well as you think he has been playing. They won the first game with Alex Smith though he did throw an unfortunate INT when the Niners had a chance to lock the game up late.

t

Moves
23 Dec 12

Every team suffers injuries in a season. They are unconvincing excuses if your team loses; one player is not a team and teams should be designed to absorb the inevitable reality of injuries.

I see no reason to concede the game before it is played; the 49ers have an excellent chance to beat the Seahawks again esp. if CK plays as well as you ...[text shortened]... th though he did throw an unfortunate INT when the Niners had a chance to lock the game up late.
I agree. I won't use the dropped passes argument like many of my fellow homers lol (although they aren't wilson's fault) because those are likely caused by the physical style of the 49ers defense. However, I don't think dropped passes should be an issue this time around and the score on both sides should be higher... Not by much.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by tomtom232
I agree. I won't use the dropped passes argument like many of my fellow homers lol (although they aren't wilson's fault) because those are likely caused by the physical style of the 49ers defense. However, I don't think dropped passes should be an issue this time around and the score on both sides should be higher... Not by much.
The Seahawk receivers have been pretty sure-handed this year; only four teams have less drops than Seattle. http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?year=&type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

t

Moves
23 Dec 12

The Seahawk receivers have been pretty sure-handed this year; only four teams have less drops than Seattle. http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?year=&type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232
Yes, there only problem game was the last game against the 49ers... There was also an instance where anthony McCoy was open and had us at least first and goal but he tripped and fell and the ball was intercepted.

I don't expect it to be a factor in tomorrow nights game.

U

Moves
23 Dec 12

I see no reason to concede the game before it is played; the 49ers have an excellent chance to beat the Seahawks again esp. if CK plays as well as you ...[text shortened]... th though he did throw an unfortunate INT when the Niners had a chance to lock the game up late.
They won the first game 13-6 with Alex Smith. Defense won that game.

The last thing I'm worried about is what is convincing or unconvincing to you. I'm more interested in reality. Yes, every team suffers injuries and depending on the amount of injuries and they players they can and sometimes do affect their level of play.

Justin Smith is the single most important player on the defense. If Payton Manning got hurt it really doesn't matter if you think it's an unconvincing excuse, it WILL hurt the Broncos team. Other players, not so much.

t

Moves
23 Dec 12

The last thing I'm worried about is what is convincing or unconvincing to you. I'm more interested in reality. Yes, every team suffers injuries and depending on the amount of injuries and they players they can and sometimes do affect their level of play.

Justin Smit ...[text shortened]... hink it's an unconvincing excuse, it WILL hurt the Broncos team. Other players, not so much.
We have many missing keys on defense as well. Our second best corner is out, our best inside pass rusher is out for the season, Trufant will be out, Thurmond is out and all these gaps are going to be filled by rookies... Talented rookies but still rookies.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Dec 12

Justin Smit ...[text shortened]... hink it's an unconvincing excuse, it WILL hurt the Broncos team. Other players, not so much.
IF an injury to one player weakens your team that much, you don't deserve to win.

U

Moves
23 Dec 12

IF an injury to one player weakens your team that much, you don't deserve to win.
Then no team in the NFL deserves to win. Every team has at least one key player who would easily be the deciding factor in an otherwise closely matched game.

Does Denver not deserve their wins? Because their season wouldn't even close to what it is now without Payton Manning.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Dec 12

Then no team in the NFL deserves to win. Every team has at least one key player who would easily be the deciding factor in an otherwise closely matched game.

Does Denver not deserve their wins? Because their season wouldn't even close to what it is now without Payton Manning.
In case you forgot, Denver won their division and a playoff game last year without Payton Manning.

Of course, comparing one of the best QBs in history to a defensive linemen who's fourth on your team in total tackles and has a grand total of three sacks is downright silly.

U

Moves
23 Dec 12

In case you forgot, Denver won their division and a playoff game last year without Payton Manning.

Of course, comparing one of the best QBs in history to a defensive linemen who's fourth on your team in total tackles and has a grand total of three sacks is downright silly.
Any team can win on any given Sunday. In case you forgot, they were very lucky to even get into the playoffs. They went 8 - 8 in the regular season. They were a .500 team. You didn't actually forget, you just ignored.

You never did answer. Since Denver wouldn't have nearly the season they have without Payton Manning, do they not deserve to win?

Justin Smith has made the Pro-bowl three years in a row, he's the most double-teamed man on the 49ers defense and he's largely regarded as the anchor of the Niners D.