1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 23:24
    You heard it here first. Harbomb is screwing the pooch and the Niners will likely lose to more than just the Pats and Seahawks down the stretch.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 23:41
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You heard it here first. Harbomb is screwing the pooch and the Niners will likely lose to more than just the Pats and Seahawks down the stretch.
    I suppose it's possible but will the cheating Seahawks have any players left? http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8717501/brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-suspended-four-games
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 00:141 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I suppose it's possible but will the cheating Seahawks have any players left? http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8717501/brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-suspended-four-games
    I think its quite ridiculous to ban the substance they ingested. There are a few applications for adderall, the least of which is enhancing football performance, but rules are rules and they deserve what they get for being idiots. I don't think it matters much as the only road game left is against the lame duck Bills.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 00:56
    I think its quite ridiculous to ban the substance they ingested. There are a few applications for adderall, the least of which is enhancing football performance, but rules are rules and they deserve what they get for being idiots. I don't think it matters much as the only road game left is against the lame duck Bills.
    The Bills are 3-2 at home v. Seattle's 2-5 on the road. Playing at Ralph Wilson in December is no picnic. I'd write that down as a probable "L" for the Seahawks.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 01:202 edits
    The Bills are 3-2 at home v. Seattle's 2-5 on the road. Playing at Ralph Wilson in December is no picnic. I'd write that down as a probable "L" for the Seahawks.
    The Seahawks just came off a win at Soldier field in December... I think they can manage at Ralph Wilson.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 01:42
    The Seahawks just came off a win at Soldier field in December... I think they can manage at Ralph Wilson.
    You can hang onto the "2" and ignore the "5" if you wish. You've "managed" to lose to 4 sub .500 teams on the road already; what's another one?
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 01:583 edits
    You can hang onto the "2" and ignore the "5" if you wish. You've "managed" to lose to 4 sub .500 teams on the road already; what's another one?
    2 of those teams are division rivals one of which went undefeatd against the 49ers And the other beat us on the way to starting the season 4-0. The other two we had the games in hand and crumbled in the 4th quarter... I wouldn't count on us allowing another crappy team to come from behind to win. We are an above .500 team ranked top ten in most power rankings so I expect the road win loss collumn to even out a bit, especially after an impressive performance against the bears, even if it doesn't go above .500 (including playoffs minus SB, if manage to beat the odds and make it that far, since that is played on neutral ground.)

Edit: Just remembered that the game against the bills is a road game for both teams.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 02:54
    2 of those teams are division rivals one of which went undefeatd against the 49ers And the other beat us on the way to starting the season 4-0. The other two we had the games in hand and crumbled in the 4th quarter... I wouldn't count on us allowing another crappy team to come from behind to win. We are an above .500 team ranked top ten in most power ranki ...[text shortened]... ound.)

Edit: Just remembered that the game against the bills is a road game for both teams.
    The Bills are 5-7 and except for a few early season disasters, have played most teams pretty tough. As an extreme homer, your opinion as to what teams are "crappy" isn't worth much. Most people would consider a team that can only go 2-5 on the road as reasonably "crappy" even if their fans are ingenious in coming up with excuses for their failures.

It's a "road game" for the Bills that requires a two hour drive. That said, the Seahawks will avoid having to play in the December chill of Buffalo, so that will give them a better chance.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 03:101 edit
    The Bills are 5-7 and except for a few early season disasters, have played most teams pretty tough. As an extreme homer, your opinion as to what teams are "crappy" isn't worth much. Most people would consider a team that can only go 2-5 on the road as reasonably "crappy" even if their fans are ingenious in coming up with excuses for their failures.

It having to play in the December chill of Buffalo, so that will give them a better chance.
    Their home wins are against KC, Miami and Jacksonville... and they haven't beaten any team above .500 so why would they start now?

Edit: You can make whatever claims you want but I'm not worried about the Bills. Their season is over they aren't playing for anything while the Hawks are playing to win the Division... I don't think the game will even be close.
  10. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 09:20
    Their home wins are against KC, Miami and Jacksonville... and they haven't beaten any team above .500 so why would they start now?

Edit: You can make whatever claims you want but I'm not worried about the Bills. Their season is over they aren't playing for anything while the Hawks are playing to win the Division... I don't think the game will even be close.
    I see Miami in there. The team that Seattle LOST to, after having 2 weeks to prepare for! Hmmm, and Buffalo beat Miami at home. I think No1 is pretty spot on.
  11. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 13:371 edit
    Seattle's stout run defense
    Buffalo's lackluster passing game
    Dome game where the "home" crowd is a non-factor
    The fact that the Bills have won only one regular season game in Toronto, last year against the lowly 'Skins.
    Russell Wilson gaining more confidence with each game

Give me Seattle by 7.

However, give me the Niners to win the NFC West.
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 13:38
    PS - I'm a Bills fan.
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 13:39
    After someone is caught violating a drug policy it is ridiculous to believe that they use Adderall when there is no official announcement of what they were caught using.
  14. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 13:43
    Originally posted by quackquack
    After someone is caught violating a drug policy it is ridiculous to believe that they use Adderall when there is no official announcement of what they were caught using.
    Why is that ridiculous? Adderall use is rampant in sports and although the NFL can't announce what drug they were using, leaks to the media are commonplace.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 15:131 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I see Miami in there. The team that Seattle LOST to, after having 2 weeks to prepare for! Hmmm, and Buffalo beat Miami at home. I think No1 is pretty spot on.
    Miami is up and down this season and they were down when the Hawks played them but the seahawks failed to put them away allowing 17 points in the 4th quarter. Miami relies on Bush and Tannehill to play well and you can see from their record how that is going... Tannehill will probably develop and lead Miami to the playoffs in the future but you guys need a new running back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree