03 Dec '12
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 06:42
    looks like Wilson has a great chance at the rookie TD record
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 12:41
    That was a total dismantling of the 49ers in every phase of the game. Without question Seahawks have now earned respect after opprobrium from a questionable win against Greenbay. I like teams who prove themselves worthy, but not yet jumping on the bandwagon. Will they make noise? Maybe. Won't win the division so first playoff game may be on the road. Looks like Greenbay may be the #2 seed if the beat Vikings next week. Also, Greenbay is peaking at right moment right along with Seahawks. At some point Seahawks may end up playing in Greenbay. Seahawks not a good road team and won't have help of their raucous crowd.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 16:08
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Any team can win on any given Sunday. In case you forgot, they were very lucky to even get into the playoffs. They went 8 - 8 in the regular season. They were a .500 team. You didn't actually forget, you just ignored.

You never did answer. Since Denver wouldn't have nearly the season they have without Payton Manning, do they not deserve to win? ...[text shortened]... ble-teamed man on the 49ers defense and he's largely regarded as the anchor of the Niners D.
    I guess every 49er loss will be pre-excused by you if some starter has a hangnail.

Somehow I don't think Justin Smith would have made a 30 point difference last night.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 17:16
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I guess every 49er loss will be pre-excused by you if some starter has a hangnail.

Somehow I don't think Justin Smith would have made a 30 point difference last night.
    Agreed. Smith was not a 30 point difference. The difference was a hungry team with a playoff to make and no fear of an overrated 49ers team who had just beaten an overrated Patriots team as we saw yesterday. Harbaugh will rue the day he bucked convention in favor of Krapernick. Looked like deer in the headlights last night! 49ers cannot seem to maintain consistency and have lost as faves twice now under Krapernick in STL and SEA. Will likely do worse against better teams like ATL or GBAY! I doubt they could stop Adrian Peterson either.
  5. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 17:241 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Agreed. Smith was not a 30 point difference. The difference was a hungry team with a playoff to make and no fear of an overrated 49ers team who had just beaten an overrated Patriots team as we saw yesterday. Harbaugh will rue the day he bucked convention in favor of Krapernick. Looked like deer in the headlights last night! 49ers cannot seem to maintain ...[text shortened]... do worse against better teams like ATL or GBAY! I doubt they could stop Adrian Peterson either.
    Alex Smith put the same amount of points on the board against Seattle (13), with better pass protection, a better running game, a better defense, and with Hunter, Manningham, and Vernon Davis playing the whole game. And they were playing at home against a Seattle team that wasn't nearly as good as they are now.

Right, the 49ers lost because Alex Smith wasn't playing.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 17:28

No, there's a very good chance they would have lost anyway, but you're about the only person on the planet who doesn't think Justin Smith being out his a huge blow to the 49ers defense.

I'm not sure what point you're making with that hyperbolic "hangnail" comment. Yep, a guy who has more consecutive starts than any lineman in history is malingering from a minor booboo.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 17:55
    It will be interesting to see what the Seahawks do against the improving Rams next week. St. Louis has been a pretty good road team, has won 4 out of 5 and have not lost in the division all year.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 20:141 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Alex Smith put the same amount of points on the board against Seattle (13), with better pass protection, a better running game, a better defense, and with Hunter, Manningham, and Vernon Davis playing the whole game. And they were playing at home against a Seattle team that wasn't nearly as good as they are now.

Right, the 49ers lost because Alex Smith wasn't playing.
    I never said they lost because of Alex Smith not playing. I said they lost because of being outplayed in every phase of the game. You sure make all sorts of excuses. If the missing players weren't powderpuff sissies they'd be in. I except Manningham who was injured thanks to dumb Kaepernick throwing late to a player he should have seen was going to be swarmed. Vernon Davis was the beneficiary of a questionable personal foul called. So now you're saying Alex Smith is a bum? How many turnovers did Smith commit in that game? How many turnovers did Smith cause by throwing late? How many picks in the end zone did Smith throw? This loss is fully at the feet of Krappernick who wilted under a little noise. I somehow doubt Smith, way more experienced, would have done similarly. I also doubt missing the other Smith on D was a thirty point difference maker.

Here's Krappernick's gaudy stats:

Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating
    19 36 244 52.8 6.8 1 13 1 1 72.0
    Loser stats in anyone's book! Shameful!
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 21:22
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Agreed. Smith was not a 30 point difference. The difference was a hungry team with a playoff to make and no fear of an overrated 49ers team who had just beaten an overrated Patriots team as we saw yesterday. Harbaugh will rue the day he bucked convention in favor of Krapernick. Looked like deer in the headlights last night! 49ers cannot seem to maintain ...[text shortened]... do worse against better teams like ATL or GBAY! I doubt they could stop Adrian Peterson either.
    49ers would likely dismantle Greenbay just like they did earlier in the year. Its about the matchups not team A beat team B and team B crushed team C so team A should crush team C.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 22:18
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    49ers would likely dismantle Greenbay just like they did earlier in the year. Its about the matchups not team A beat team B and team B crushed team C so team A should crush team C.
    That "dismantling" ended with Green Bay being stopped in SF territory only one score down. And it was in Week 1, the same week Arizona beat the Seahawks.

I'd say the 49ers would be a decided underdog IF they again play in Green Bay.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 22:49
    That "dismantling" ended with Green Bay being stopped in SF territory only one score down. And it was in Week 1, the same week Arizona beat the Seahawks.

I doubt it. Niners match up well against them especially if their Smith sac tandem is healthy against that O line.

Cards matched up well with the Seahawks in week 1 two good defenses and no good offense especially in the red zone... That's a different story now ain't it? The Packers are just getting back to being as healthy as they were in week 1. I doubt 49ers are "heavy" underdogs even if they play at greenbay. They'll be the underdogs, sure, but they would also be the Favorites in a home game.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 23:09

Two scores. They lost by 8.

Packers are overrated. They are the same team as week 1 whereas the Seahawks are way different and the 49ers are somewhat more exciting on offense with CK but probably not better or worse. The Pack will likely get bounced out in their first or second game, especially if they lose to the Vikings next week

I hope its the Seahawks who are the ones to do it @ greenbay. It won't be as satisfying if they beat the pack @ seatlle.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 00:331 edit
    According to football outsiders the Colts had the easiest schedule of any team this year while the Seahawks had the 4th strongest.

Edit: and the only teams with tougher schedules were in the NFC west with the Cardinal having the toughest followed by a tie with the Niners and Rams.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 00:391 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Two scores. They lost by 8.

Packers are overrated. They are the same team as week 1 whereas the Seahawks are way different and the 49ers are somewhat more exciting on offense with CK but probably not better or worse. The Pack will likely get bounced out in their first or second game, especially if they lose to the Vikings next week

I hope its the Se ...[text shortened]... ho are the ones to do it @ greenbay. It won't be as satisfying if they beat the pack @ seatlle.
    Whatever, homer. They won the SB two years ago, went 15-1 last year and stand at 11-4 even with one dubious loss. And they've won 9 out of 10. Right now, I'd say they're the favorites in the NFC as they were before the season started.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 01:092 edits
    Whatever, homer. They won the SB two years ago, went 15-1 last year and stand at 11-4 even with one dubious loss. And they've won 9 out of 10. Right now, I'd say they're the favorites in the NFC as they were before the season started.
    They actually aren't. So stuff it big market marauder.

That dubious loss against the Hawks will be erased when they next meet. Packers will be running away with their tails between their legs.

Edit: they were overrated last year too as evidenced by their amazing playoff run. They were about right where they belonged the year they won the superbowl.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree