So Long Michael Vick

So Long Michael Vick

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
19 Aug 07

Poundlee and whodey, crime is crime. For me, this is the straw that broke the camels back. Michael Vick is a low down punk and I truely hope he loses his career for it. If he wasn't in the NFL he would be out on the streets commiting who knows what a variety of crimes. Plabbit is right, it is time for the owners to right the ship. Get rid of all these callous bastards who have more money than brains.

And further more, that inane arugurment that "they're only dogs" and we are putting people in less esteem than dogs is true shyte. It isn't a big secret that people who are willing to treat animals in such a vicious manner are likely to treat humans in the same manner. MV would likly be out on the street with others of his ilk beating someone down with his fists or pumping lead at him so he could steal their wallet or cell phone.

That's why I'm boycotting Phlab. I want the ship to be righted as you said. I ain't buying any of their goddamn T-shirts, going to any of their f'ng games, or watching them on TV. Until they get their collective shyte straightened out I'm out. And I want everyone to boycott so the companies that advertise during the games will know their message is not getting to the public. Hurt 'em in the wallet.

DMM

USA

Moves
19 Aug 07

Originally posted by Frank Burns
Poundlee and whodey, crime is crime. For me, this is the straw that broke the camels back. Michael Vick is a low down punk and I truely hope he loses his career for it. If he wasn't in the NFL he would be out on the streets commiting who knows what a variety of crimes. Plabbit is right, it is time for the owners to right the ship. Get rid of all the ...[text shortened]... games will know their message is not getting to the public. Hurt 'em in the wallet.
SO if MV is convicted, would you still boycott the NFL? What are you alone going to be able to do.

s

6yd box

Moves
19 Aug 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
.... I did not know about this other guy who put a hit on his wife, perhaps some dates and links would be nice for me to study up.... so I can put things in perspective that is.
LOL..u did not know about this and other cases...you must be really young or a very new NFL fan

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by spurs73
LOL..u did not know about this and other cases...you must be really young or a very new NFL fan
I'm really not either... though I listen to sports radio a LOT more than I did years ago. You still have not provided me with a link to the story, or proof that NFL is still sanctioning sales of these shirts.

When I try to provide evidence of something I either give a link, or at least admit it was something I heard and can't find the info to back what I'm saying. Thanx in advance.

P-

m

Moves
19 Aug 07

The comparison between dogfighting and horse racing does not fly in my book. While you can make a logical argument that horse racing is abuse, the fact remains the intent of it is not to hurt the animal. I'm willing to chances of a dog dieing in a dog fight is a lot higher than a horse in a race. A lot of race horses get sold after they are retired, usually to families for their children in other equestrian events. What are you going to do with a dog that is trained to fight after it cant fight anymore? Also you should look up some of these training methods, such as the use of "bait animals." And to me the methods that are being mentioned to kill these dogs are absolutely sickening and in no way comparable to the more humane methods, but if you disagree I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by mcreynolds
The comparison between dogfighting and horse racing does not fly in my book. While you can make a logical argument that horse racing is abuse, the fact remains the intent of it is not to hurt the animal. I'm willing to chances of a dog dieing in a dog fight is a lot higher than a horse in a race. A lot of race horses get sold after they are retired, usual ble to the more humane methods, but if you disagree I guess you are entitled to your opinion.
I find it safe to compare horse racing and dog fighting. Many times these "horse racers" will go to ranches to steal horses for their prize horse to race. Next, they break the hips of the "bait horse" so the prize horse will have an advantage and get used to winning. If the prize horse can't beat or won't even race, they will string the horse up, electrocute, shoot, or savagely beat the horse into the pavement.

END SARCASM.

P-

DMM

USA

Moves
19 Aug 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I find it safe to compare horse racing and dog fighting. Many times these "horse racers" will go to ranches to steal horses for their prize horse to race. Next, they break the hips of the "bait horse" so the prize horse will have an advantage and get used to winning. If the prize horse can't beat or won't even race, they will string the horse up, electrocute, shoot, or savagely beat the horse into the pavement.

END SARCASM.

P-
Nasty hillbillies.:'(

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
19 Aug 07

Interesting article from NFL Hall of Fame sports writer John Clayton.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2977162&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos2

DMM

USA

Moves
19 Aug 07

Originally posted by telerion
Interesting article from NFL Hall of Fame sports writer John Clayton.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2977162&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos2
John Clayton looks real ugly...

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
20 Aug 07

Originally posted by Dance Master MC
John Clayton looks real ugly...
They don't pay him to look sexy on the internet. There are plenty of people who can do that. His forte is football; and he's very very good at it.

DMM

USA

Moves
20 Aug 07

Originally posted by telerion
They don't pay him to look sexy on the internet. There are plenty of people who can do that. His forte is football; and he's very very good at it.
Ya I like his articles though, MV one was excellent.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Aug 07

I get to hear John Clayton a LOT on my local radio. Always something well thought out and interesting to say on a subject.

http://www.790thescore.com/

P-

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
20 Aug 07

Just another dumb athlete in a long list of dumb athletes. Not the first and not the last. Who's next?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Aug 07

20 minutes or so ago... Vick pleads guilty.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070820/ts_nm/usa_vick_dogs_dc_6;_ylt=ApSot25MelnRhdYo2E0VgogE1vAI

The good news seems to be the Judge has the final say how long he serves, and he better make it more like 30 months than 12-18.

P-

p

Moves
21 Aug 07

Originally posted by Frank Burns
Poundlee and whodey, crime is crime. For me, this is the straw that broke the camels back. Michael Vick is a low down punk and I truely hope he loses his career for it. If he wasn't in the NFL he would be out on the streets commiting who knows what a variety of crimes. Plabbit is right, it is time for the owners to right the ship. Get rid of all the ...[text shortened]... games will know their message is not getting to the public. Hurt 'em in the wallet.
You should probably have more outrage that unless the NFL can make money on something they treat HUMANS as well as Michael Vick treats DOGS that he cannnot make money on. The NFL encourages human beings to smack into each other at high speeds becuase it is entertaining. I am sure there are more people who think it is Ok to hit someone because they see football players hit someone than because Michael Vick hits dogs and surely there are people all over the country playing football breaking bones, getting injured because the NFL encourages big hits. The NFL makes fists full of money and could not cares that former players can barely walk (see Earl Cambell), gives older players virtually no pension. That concussions cause headaches that last weeks or forever but NFL people laugh and call it getting your bell rung. But make sure you protest a guy who killed a dog or two because clearly he is the problem with football.