1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 21:04
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Cracking, cracking game... Match of the year so far, in my opinion.
    Darren Fletcher was unreal. He actually controlled the ball and passed accurately, sometimes even first time. Tonight and against Roma were the only 2 times I've ever seen that.

Scholes' pass to Rooney was unbelievable.

Kaka was superb (I didn't realise he was so fast), while Ronaldo was lazy and a complete waste of space.

If we're progressing at half time in Milan, we'll go through. Milan seem to be very much a first half team. They also have to reckon on Alan Smith up front (who I think was held back tonight in case he got a yellow card and suspension)

The only real downers on the night were the two away goals, and Evra's booking meaning we're down another defender. Hopefully, Neville will be back.

D
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 07:12
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Darren Fletcher was unreal. He actually controlled the ball and passed accurately, sometimes even first time. Tonight and against Roma were the only 2 times I've ever seen that.

Kaka was superb (I didn't realise he was so fast), while Ronaldo was lazy and a complete waste of space.

If we're progressing ...[text shortened]... vra's booking meaning we're down another defender. Hopefully, Neville will be back.

D
    It's a good comeback but not a great result. 1-0 or 2-1 will be good enough for Milan to go through.
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 10:27

If we're progressing ...[text shortened]... vra's booking meaning we're down another defender. Hopefully, Neville will be back.

D
    Funny you should say that about Fletcher, a few times this year I have mistaken him for a real Man Utd player. He seems to really want the ball lately.

For me Scholes was the best, against Italian opposition you MUST have that type of tempo to your passing in the key areas of the pitch. It is a disgrace that he is allowed not to play for England.

I didn't think Ronaldo was a waste of space but when Milan started to double up on him he needs to pass.

Its set up for a great rematch, Utd have got to stick to the only way they know. Pass move attack then the Italians legs will fall off. Milan are only a first half team if you make them work continually. Play negative and they will play their slow, slow, fast game and destroy you.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 10:361 edit
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    I didn't think Ronaldo was a waste of space but when Milan started to double up on him he needs to pass.
    You're right, after all he scored a goal, made Dida make a couple of good saves, and won a number of corners.

I guess, immediately after the match, a few moments stuck in my mind... 1) The numerous times Evra got beyond him, only for Ronaldo to pass the ball behind him, 2) A time in the early second half, when he lost the ball, and just threw back his head and ran past his opponent, instead of working to win it back.

D
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 10:40
    For me Scholes was the best, against Italian opposition you MUST have that type of tempo to your passing in the key areas of the pitch. It is a disgrace that he is allowed not to play for England.
    Scholes was superb. He'd probably still be stuck out on the left if he was playing for England. If I didn't feel wanted (by being forced into a position in which I play at about 40% ), I'd have retired as well.

D
  6. Standard memberjay D
    Jay D
    London
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 12:27
    Originally posted by cadwah
    Hmmm they're not the lyrics I sing along to...

Sign on, Sign on.... or something like that 😉
    Sign on Sign on with a pen in your hand cause you'll never get a job sign on sing on sign on!! [/b]

come on CHELS!!!! anyone going to game, normal load of lads going SO Bar before get the spirit going!!!!!
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 12:37
    You're right, after all he scored a goal, made Dida make a couple of good saves, and won a number of corners.

I guess, immediately after the match, a few moments stuck in my mind... 1) The numerous times Evra got beyond him, only for Ronaldo to pass the ball behind him, 2) A time in the early second half, when he lost the ball, and just threw back his head and ran past his opponent, instead of working to win it back.

D
    He was over-greedy in the first half and I'm sure SAF told him at the break. In the second half he also seemed to have instructions to help Evra and Heinze a bit more (hence the clear tactical decision to leave him on the left the whole half). I'm guessing SAF thought Giggs would have a harder time coping with both tasks...
  8. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 18:05
    Scholes was superb. He'd probably still be stuck out on the left if he was playing for England. If I didn't feel wanted (by being forced into a position in which I play at about 40% ), I'd have retired as well.

D
    It was ridiculous Scholes on the left, like Gerrard he is so good he can play anywhere, so stupid managers use that fact.

He is only world class as an attacking midfielder.

How many games has Fergie ever played him on the left?

He is a born goalscorer too, just superb technique and the simplicity of a natural genius.

But I am too much of an England fan to see Scholes retire at the top of the game. We should have been like when Macalele tried to retire from France, insisted he play. Same for Shearer.
  9. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 18:10

D
    Its strange, Evra got a bad write up in the paper and yet his pace and wide runs opened up gaps continually. Heize is gradually getting back to his best.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 18:28
    Its strange, Evra got a bad write up in the paper and yet his pace and wide runs opened up gaps continually. Heize is gradually getting back to his best.
    Heinze follows the ball a bit too much for centre back. He often finds himself in terrible positions. He can get away with it a lot more playing at left back.

I thought Evra was decent even though Ronaldo's poor passing often left him badly caught forward and out of position. He's a great outlet to pass the ball into space for him.

D
  11. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 01:16
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Liverpool all the way, I think.

Milan maybe.
    LOL
  12. LA
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 16:27
    Originally posted by cadwah
    LOL
    There are 3 finals this year:
    Chelsie vs Manchester United in the CL Final
    Chelsie vs Mancheer United in the FA Cup Final
    Chelsie vs Manchester United to win the Premier League title.

And Manchester United are going to win the treble (AGAIN), just like 1999!
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 16:33
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    There are 3 finals this year:
    Liverpool vs AC Milan in the CL Final
    Chelsea vs Manchester United in the FA Cup Final
    Chelsea vs Manchester United to win the Premier League title.

And Manchester United are going to win just the league
    That's better
  14. LA
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 16:56
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    That's better
    We'll see.
    In the CL and FA Cup finals Manchester United will have all their injured players back.

Rooney + Ronaldo + Giggs + Scholes = TREBLE
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 May '07 21:27
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    It's a good comeback but not a great result. 1-0 or 2-1 will be good enough for Milan to go through.
    Or just the 3-0

😀😀😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree