1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 16:54
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    I would say that 99% of all attacking players will dive given the opportunity. Makes no difference if they are English or forgien, its just a way the game has gone. You are saying Gerrard is a hypocrite and yes maybe he is, he's a footballer, his brains are in his boots, but for a Spaniard and a Portugese to be be moaning about players diving, well what goes around comes around.
    I'm not 'moaning' about diving, I'm 'moaning' about hypocritical grandstanding.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 16:56
    Jesus you're starting to sound like Platini now. So its not right for foriegn investers to buy into the premiership but its perfectly ok for a fascist government to bankroll a team?
    Reality check! It's the year 2008 CE.
  3. LA
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 16:58
    You're really not happy about this are you? Get over it, you didnt deserve to win, you didnt even deserve to draw. You would have been 1-0 down in the first 5 mnutes if the ref had got his decisions right, then you were played of the pitch in the second half.
    As objective as ever you ignore Carra's handball in the box and the worse penalty I've seen awarded in a long time for Gerrard.

Gerrard is a disgrace, lead by example, he's a blatant cheat.
  4. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 16:581 edit
    I would say that 99% of all attacking players will dive given the opportunity. Makes no difference if they are English or forgien, its just a way the game has gone. You are saying Gerrard is a hypocrite and yes maybe he is, he's a footballer, his brains are in his boots, but for a Spaniard and a Portugese to be be moaning about players diving, well what goes around comes around.
    So would you say that all attacking players dive in equal measure? If not, how would you categorize Gerrard?

My opinion is that some players are much worse than others (Van Nistelrooy, Deco, etc.). I put Gerrard in that category.

However, I don't see many of the players that I consider "worse" divers making statements about how cheating needs to be stamped out. At least they don't try to act high and mighty on the subject.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 17:15
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    As objective as ever you ignore Carra's handball in the box and the worse penalty I've seen awarded in a long time for Gerrard.

not like ronaldo, huh? he would never dive to get a pen....
  6. where angels play
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 17:21

As thick as ever, maybe if read the thread you would see that i agreed that it was hypocritical of Gerrard to complain about diving.

I also commented on the Carragher and Mascherano handball claims.

Go get a life and stop trolling around internet forums you sad little man.
  7. where angels play
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 17:27
    Originally posted by MrHand
    So would you say that all attacking players dive in equal measure? If not, how would you categorize Gerrard?

My opinion is that some players are much worse than others (Van Nistelrooy, Deco, etc.). I put Gerrard in that category.

However, I don't see many of the players that I consider "worse" divers making statements about how cheating needs to be stamped out. At least they don't try to act high and mighty on the subject.
    In my opinion i would not class Gerrard as one of those players, and yes i would say that it was a blanket majority.

The worst offenders in the premiership i would say are Drogba, Rooney and Ronaldo.

It was stupid of Gerrard to say those things, but like i said his brains are in his boots thank god.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 18:59
    Jesus you're starting to sound like Platini now. So its not right for foriegn investers to buy into the premiership but its perfectly ok for a fascist government to bankroll a team?
    Hey, wait a second, Platini is helping YOU, guys! 😠

And what I say is that UEFA is bending over to the economic might of the Premier League, boosted by its foreign owners of dubious past.
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 19:27
    In my opinion i would not class Gerrard as one of those players, and yes i would say that it was a blanket majority.

The worst offenders in the premiership i would say are Drogba, Rooney and Ronaldo.

It was stupid of Gerrard to say those things, but like i said his brains are in his boots thank god.
    i would say Ronaldo, drogba, Owen....I dont think Rooney does it as much as those 3.. he just thinks the defender has fouled him when he loses the ball.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 21:39
    Gerrard = overrated

Liverpool = Platini's toy
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 21:42
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLO...
  12. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 21:55
    Jesus wept. Another thread on this. Someone give me a shout when Seitse has finished his temper tantrum.

.... on second thoughts, don't bother. The football debate on this forum is worse than a 606 phone in. I'm going into exile.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 22:02
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    I'm leaving now that my team is in a bad spell
    Plastique.
  14. LA
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 22:151 edit

As thick as ever, maybe if read the thread you would see that i agreed that it was hypocritical of Gerrard to complain about diving.

"Thick", year right.
    Can you explain why you agreeing that Gerread begin a hypocrite as well as a diver has to do with the point.

Gerrard is both a pathetic diver and a hypocrite.

Think about that while serving up your next tray of fries at McDonalds or whereever you work.
    Mind you that would be novel, a Liverpool supporter that actually has a job.

In my opinion i would not class Gerrard as one of those players

Gerrard is the worse diver in the Premiership, period.

He didn't even look embarrased on Tuesday, pathetic, at least when Ronaldo dives he's diving when losing balance or there is contact as part of a tackle.

The fact that you won't recognize this says a lot about you.

There are 2 consistent divers in the Premiership Ronaldo and Gerrard.
  15. where angels play
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 22:57
    [b]As thick as ever, maybe if read the thread you would see that i agreed that it was hypocritical of Gerrard to complain about diving.

"Thick", year right.
    Can you explain why you agreeing that Gerread begin a hypocrite as well as a diver has to do with the point.

Gerrard is both a pathetic diver and a hypocrite.

Think about that w ...[text shortened]... s a lot about you.

There are 2 consistent divers in the Premiership Ronaldo and Gerrard.[/b]
    Yawn.... what a complete load of bollox.

Please enlighten me as to what exactly this says about me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree