1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 03:496 edits
    Who will win the Super Bowl? Whodey, whodey, whodey think gonna beat them Bengals!!! That is, other than every team in professional and possibly college football the way they have been playing in preseason. What an embarassment they are again this year. 😳

I suppose all I will have to enjoy is college football once again. I just can't get behind any other team in the NFL.

Edit: Perhaps the city of Cincinnati will sue the owner of the Bengals, Mike Brown, once again for building him a new stadium that was over budget and payed by the tax payers with nothing in return given back from the team to the city of Cincinnati. It seemed to motivate him to at least bring them back to respectibility within the last few years.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 04:254 edits
    Originally posted by R0ckstar
    For the fool shed who is saying that the Rams are better than the Seahawks, needs to stop smoking crack. Even if they split the series, (because there is no way that the Rams will even contend with the Seahawks at Qwest stadium) the Seahawks will have a better record because of their ridiculously easy schedule. After securing the division, even if the tea ...[text shortened]... l have home field advantage and crush on Mark Bulger and the excuse of a team you call the Rams.
    Ridiculously easy schedule? It is almost certain that Seattle has a harder expected schedule (since we never know really how hard the schedule is until the end of the season) than any of its division rivals. You can contrast between Seattle and any division rival Loser in the following manner:

1) Loser and Seattle have 2 games against each other : Even
    2) Loser and Seattle have 4 games against the other division rivals: Even
    3) Loser and Seattle play 4 games against AFC North opponents: Near Even only because Loser or Seattle may get a HFA against a strong AFC North team.
    4) Loser and Seattle play 4 games against NFC South opponents: Near Even (see 3)
    5) Loser and Seattle play 1 game against the NFC team that finished at the same rank in their division last year (i.e. Seattle plays Chicago and Philly, Niners play NYG and Minn, Rams play GB and Dallas, etc.): Advantage Loser. While division ranks change from season to season, it makes sense to expect that playing last year's division winners will be harder than playing the 2's, 3's and 4's.

Of course the NFL designed their scheduling this way in part to make it harder to continually win your division.
  3. USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 13:21
    Originally posted by telerion

Of course the NFL designed their scheduling this way in part to make it harder to continually win your division.
    yet the Patriots have won their division for 5 years straight I think?...
  4. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 17:32
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    look at the pats division though.....
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 18:40
    1) The Patriots of the last decade are a dynasty.
    2) As USMC said. Look at their division.
  6. Under Cover
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 19:001 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    1) The Patriots of the last decade are a dynasty.
    2) As USMC said. Look at their division.
    Soft division, yes. But that would only get them to the playoffs, rolling through the playoffs consistently has nothing to do with that.
  7. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 20:30
    You have come out of the dark side ramned, no?
    No, lies, all of it I tell you!
    seattle has as just a schedule as st. louis. I can't believe that I....agree.....with telerion.

*observe an awkward moment of silence.
  8. USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 00:031 edit
    Originally posted by Ramned
    seattle has as just a schedule as st. louis. I can't believe that I....agree.....with telerion.

Oh my, we must record this has to be front page news!

BOSTON GLOBE

This just in! Ramned agrees with telerion!!!

And in other news, the Patriots decimated the Rams last night 48-nill', goes to show you
    how sucky of a team they are...
  9. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 00:59

And in other news, the Patriots decimated the Rams last night 48-nill', goes to show you
    how sucky of a team they are
    Hmm...I don't think this newscast is very credible.

Meanwhile, the Rams are up 3-0 vs Chiefs in the Governor's Cup!!
  10. USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 01:16
    Hmm...I don't think this newscast is very credible.

Meanwhile, the Rams are up 3-0 vs Chiefs in the Governor's Cup!!
    Governor's Cup???
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 03:32
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Soft division, yes. But that would only get them to the playoffs, rolling through the playoffs consistently has nothing to do with that.
    See (1)
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 03:351 edit

Wait. Does this mean you think the Rams are Losers?

I can't let this moment of amicableness persist any longer. 🙂
  13. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    01 Sep '07 00:23
    Governor's Cup???
    Yeah, an annual battle between STL and KC - Rams won it, 10-3.

telerion I only agreed that Seattle doesn't have a simple schedule. Otherwise....you're wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

I have thus made myself clear.
  14. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 16:34
    Name your team and three reasons why.
    Pittsburgh Steelers

1. i like them
    2. they are great
    3. and i like them
  15. Joined
    30 Mar '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 16:45
    Pittsburgh Steelers in the Bowl again!!!
    Ask me why?
    They are a great cohesive team that plays well!
    They beat the crap out of any team!!!
    Yesterday, they MOPPED the field with the Cleveland Clowns!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    And there's just one other thing:
    MOST OF YOU, AS WELL AS RED HOT PAWN, HAVE BLACK AND GOLD ICONS!!!
    As we say in the 'burgh:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree