Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    25 Jan '10 14:10
    Colts 37 Saints 20

    I was not impressed with the Saints yesterday. The Vikings thoroughly outplayed them but kept coughing the ball up. They won because of the turnovers; many of which were barely forced, the coin toss and the fact that that last play was ruled a catch when it clearly hit the ground. The Vikings also blew a chance to win in regulation with the 12 men in the huddle and the mind-blowingly stupid Favre pick at the end of regulation.

    Vikings-Colts would have been a toss-up.

    Colts will romp.

    Bet the house on it.
  2. 25 Jan '10 19:43
    Originally posted by sh76
    Colts 37 Saints 20

    I was not impressed with the Saints yesterday. The Vikings thoroughly outplayed them but kept coughing the ball up. They won because of the turnovers; many of which were barely forced, the coin toss and the fact that that last play was ruled a catch when it clearly hit the ground. The Vikings also blew a chance to win in regulation with th ...[text shortened]... ulation.

    Vikings-Colts would have been a toss-up.

    Colts will romp.

    Bet the house on it.
    I don't think it'll be a blowout, but I favor the Colts. I expect a mid-ranged scoring game, nothing like the Packers Cards. I expect very few penalties, but the ones that do occur will be big and crucial. Drew Brees will play the best football of his life, out passing Manning by 100 yards. Here's the key to a Colts win: redzone defense. I predict that the Saints will move the ball well and appear to dominate the game. However in the redzone, the colts d will come through for two big stops to hold the Saints to field goals. The Colts will get the ball back at or near the two minute warning down by four, and Peyton has to do one more time what he's done all year: win the game. colts win 24-20. Don't count on the Saints to play as sloppy as they did against the Vikings. remember how well the Ravens played against the Pats before showing up poorly in Indy? same works in reverse. The Saints will play great. Peyton Manning will play better.
  3. 25 Jan '10 21:47
    Originally posted by Big Orange Country
    I don't think it'll be a blowout, but I favor the Colts. I expect a mid-ranged scoring game, nothing like the Packers Cards. I expect very few penalties, but the ones that do occur will be big and crucial. Drew Brees will play the best football of his life, out passing Manning by 100 yards. Here's the key to a Colts win: redzone defense. I predic ...[text shortened]... Indy? same works in reverse. The Saints will play great. Peyton Manning will play better.
    The true difference maker will be the running game. The Saints have made their mistakes and have two weeks to gameplan and eliminate these. The Colts are feeling great despiote being outplayed for two quarters by a #5 seed who should not have been in at all. Saints beat the better team with sloppy play. Think how they're gonna look cutting out the mistakes! One last factor. Colts' smallish D will wear down under the huge NO O-line! Just watch the Colts wilt under the pounding! NO also has a pass rush, sorely lacking in the Jets. Manning may not be sacked a whole lot but he will be harrassed.
  4. 25 Jan '10 22:13
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The true difference maker will be the running game. The Saints have made their mistakes and have two weeks to gameplan and eliminate these. The Colts are feeling great despiote being outplayed for two quarters by a #5 seed who should not have been in at all. Saints beat the better team with sloppy play. Think how they're gonna look cutting out the mista ...[text shortened]... h, sorely lacking in the Jets. Manning may not be sacked a whole lot but he will be harrassed.
    I agree. If Manning gets hit as much as favre, he'll have a long day. Ball control, with good running and passing plays, to chew up the clock. I think the Saints can win this one,, but then who am I? I picked the Vikes.
    :-)
  5. 25 Jan '10 22:20
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I agree. If Manning gets hit as much as favre, he'll have a long day. Ball control, with good running and passing plays, to chew up the clock. I think the Saints can win this one,, but then who am I? I picked the Vikes.
    :-)
    And you picked right. They had the game and other intangibles going for them, but impossible to game plan for turnovers in such numbers. The two key tunovers happened when they could have put the fear of God into the Saints at end of 2nd Q and that boneheaded pick at the end when Favre shoul have run it! Was not meant to be. Cannot win coughing it up so many times. You know it's bad when announcers say:"petersen for six and still hanging onto the ball!
  6. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    26 Jan '10 00:14
    Colts will win because of experience. Peyton has done, as have many on the team currently. New Orleans will experience the shock and awe. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I think Peyton Manning is the best player in the NFL this year, and the cream always rises to the top.
  7. 26 Jan '10 00:37
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Colts will win because of experience. Peyton has done, as have many on the team currently. New Orleans will experience the shock and awe. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I think Peyton Manning is the best player in the NFL this year, and the cream always rises to the top.
    Good ti hear from you shortcircuit, a voice of reason in this here football wilderness and one whose opinion I respect even when I may disagree! I bet you a starbucks Saints win!
  8. 26 Jan '10 02:27
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The true difference maker will be the running game. The Saints have made their mistakes and have two weeks to gameplan and eliminate these. The Colts are feeling great despiote being outplayed for two quarters by a #5 seed who should not have been in at all. Saints beat the better team with sloppy play. Think how they're gonna look cutting out the mista ...[text shortened]... h, sorely lacking in the Jets. Manning may not be sacked a whole lot but he will be harrassed.
    you sounded intelligent until you tried to say that the Saints have the better pass rush. seriously. freeny/mathis? no better pair in the nfl right now
  9. 26 Jan '10 02:30
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I agree. If Manning gets hit as much as favre, he'll have a long day. Ball control, with good running and passing plays, to chew up the clock. I think the Saints can win this one,, but then who am I? I picked the Vikes.
    :-)
    but peyton won't get hit that many times. The colts have invested in a much better pass blocking o-line than the vikes, who are built to run the ball. manning took the fewest sacks in the league. he got sacked twice last week, but after just a couple of adjustments, manning was able to throw with plenty of time. I have and always will give peyton a lot of the credit for the colt success, but a lot of credit must go to the line as well. they keep him on his feet pretty good.
  10. 26 Jan '10 03:27
    Originally posted by Big Orange Country
    but peyton won't get hit that many times. The colts have invested in a much better pass blocking o-line than the vikes, who are built to run the ball. manning took the fewest sacks in the league. he got sacked twice last week, but after just a couple of adjustments, manning was able to throw with plenty of time. I have and always will give peyton ...[text shortened]... uccess, but a lot of credit must go to the line as well. they keep him on his feet pretty good.
    Nah! That line looks much better than it is because of the quick release by Manning. all credit to Manning for being the smartest QB who ever played the game. If the o-line is even slightly off it will be curtains. The one thing Manning is vulnerable to is harrassment. Freeney and Mathis are too small to impact an o-line like NO's. If the game goes like the AFc CG then Colts will have trouble. NO is no Jets!
  11. 26 Jan '10 03:36
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Nah! That line looks much better than it is because of the quick release by Manning. all credit to Manning for being the smartest QB who ever played the game. If the o-line is even slightly off it will be curtains. The one thing Manning is vulnerable to is harrassment. Freeney and Mathis are too small to impact an o-line like NO's. If the game goes like the AFc CG then Colts will have trouble. NO is no Jets!
    if ive learned one thing in my lifetime of being an SEC fan its the value of speed over size. NO has a big, strong, yet slow line. freeny and mathis's quick release off the edge could lead to the big tackles for NO tryin to get a quick jump on the snap and be called for false start. Brees is in more trouble of getting hit around than Peyton.
  12. 26 Jan '10 04:06
    Originally posted by Big Orange Country
    if ive learned one thing in my lifetime of being an SEC fan its the value of speed over size. NO has a big, strong, yet slow line. freeny and mathis's quick release off the edge could lead to the big tackles for NO tryin to get a quick jump on the snap and be called for false start. Brees is in more trouble of getting hit around than Peyton.
    NFL is not the SEC. SEC is big and fast. Colts, small and fast. You can run against them. If they (NO) keep at it they can wear Colts' D down in two quarters. Keep Manning warming the bench/sideline and you annoy the hell out of Manning. He's a gamer. he wants to be in. Nothing sita as with a top QB than watching from the sidelines, powerless.

    Brees may be in more trouble with being hit because of his slower release. NO handled a speedy pair of ends much better than Mathis and Freeney. Been there, done dat!
  13. 26 Jan '10 04:11
    i predict a riot,

    Colts 85 Saints 22
  14. 26 Jan '10 04:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i predict a riot,

    Colts 85 Saints 22
    bit ambitious aren't we?
  15. 26 Jan '10 04:35
    Originally posted by Big Orange Country
    bit ambitious aren't we?
    Lol, ummm , yes well, i like to be optimistic about these things