Super Bowl Prediction

Super Bowl Prediction

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
09 Feb 10

Originally posted by whodey
Ok, perhaps what I was looking for was hyperpotent defenses. Being a Buckeye fan, I tend to enjoy defensive struggles more than offensive ones, although I think most like shoot outs.
ONe last point about the defense of the Saints. Colts did not have a first down the entire second qtr and not another one until late in the 3rd qtr. Sounds like excellent D to me!

M

Moves
09 Feb 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Are you still for real? Colts were soundly beaten. They were unable to do much against what even you called a soft D. I disagree Saints were soft. They started giving Manning different looks and confusing him. Saints scored when they needed except for the Colts' goal line stand. Had Colts decided to pass instead of run and kick ball away ending might ha ...[text shortened]... e big game at all since a steelyer team than the Jets would never have let them off the hook!
How did that "undefeated mystique" thing work for Tom Brady and Co two years ago?

Anyone who can be "intimidated" isn't going to last very long in the NFL.

M

Moves
09 Feb 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Watch the game again if you taped it. The defensive gameplan changed form 1st to second half. Colts' adjustments hence failed to work. Pressure was built up in 2nd half. I knew there was going to be a pick six when I could see Mannings confusion, off target balls and receivers cutting routes short. D isn't always about stuffing opponent. There is also b ...[text shortened]... Outscore opponent 31-7 over three 1/4's and you're talking defensive gem of a finesse sort!
yes -- the Saints played extremely well defensively. Especially in the last five minutes when everyone knew that Manning was going to drive for the tying TD and then....and even after that, everyone knew Manning was going to get an easy TD against the Saints prevent defense and then...

s

Moves
09 Feb 10

Originally posted by Melanerpes
How did that "undefeated mystique" thing work for Tom Brady and Co two years ago?

Anyone who can be "intimidated" isn't going to last very long in the NFL.
Because it did not work for Brady does not mean it wouldn't have for the Colts. Also look how close the Patriots came to perfection. They did not lose the game because of their pursuit of perfection. Seems like it worked much worse for the Colts. Look at hype surrounding Manning with a 14-2 record and despite a horrible first half against the lowly Jets. The reason I feel differently about the Colt's potential success is they don't have a lockeroom cancer like Moss! Teams do fold under the mystique. Look at Jets in second half of game against Colts. Their's was a better D than Saints', yet the Saints schemed better. I knew the pick six was coming. It just happened at the best possible time.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Feb 10

Originally posted by sh76
Colts 37 Saints 20

I was not impressed with the Saints yesterday. The Vikings thoroughly outplayed them but kept coughing the ball up. They won because of the turnovers; many of which were barely forced, the coin toss and the fact that that last play was ruled a catch when it clearly hit the ground. The Vikings also blew a chance to win in regulation with th ...[text shortened]... ulation.

Vikings-Colts would have been a toss-up.

Colts will romp.

Bet the house on it.
Hope you didn't bet the House for your sake!

Never say never in sports!!

s

Moves
10 Feb 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty

The one I'm waiting for to chime in is robbiecarrobie. He was Colts all the way after the Broncos were eliminated. He also thinks he jinxes teams he roots for so maybe he's feeling sorry about now for rooting for the Colts! I'm still happy and yelling whodat even though my team is the Cowboys!

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 Feb 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty

Meh.

I fell into the trap of "What have you done for me lately?"

All the idiot talking heads on the TV and radio talk shows are constantly yammering about momentum and who's hot and all that nonsense.

I generally am smarter than that; but I fell into the trap. NO looked bad against Minny and Manning looked unstoppable in the second half against the Jets.

This will be a lesson for next time I want to judge a team by how they looked the last time I saw them.

s

Moves
11 Feb 10

Originally posted by sh76
Meh.

I fell into the trap of "What have you done for me lately?"

All the idiot talking heads on the TV and radio talk shows are constantly yammering about momentum and who's hot and all that nonsense.

I generally am smarter than that; but I fell into the trap. NO looked bad against Minny and Manning looked unstoppable in the second half against the Jet ...[text shortened]... be a lesson for next time I want to judge a team by how they looked the last time I saw them.
Most of the time it seems to work. I was giddy about the spanking the Cowboys gave the eagles although I knew deep dpwn the eagles were not that good and Vikes were despite their horrible late season badness! We all succumb to that. We're human and dream for our teams' success. I saw something about NO in the Viking game I liked and it was that never say die attitude, a better barometer of success. Vikes did not cough up the game, they were soundly beaten. I saw somwthing in the Colts I did not like. Vulnerability to sandlot plays against Jets! I'm sure this was not absent on Payton who rightly reasoned the Colts would scheme against the long ball against a way better offense than Jets', no disrepsect, but reality is reality.