Originally posted by robbie carrobie
any predictions, my goodness i have had to convince myself that the Aussies really are not fifth in world rankings but are just sandbagging and that England have not really looked quite comfortable in the warm ups, any more and i am taking it to spirituality to ask for divine help!
Good to reply to one of your posts outside of the spirituality forum 😉
Anyway, I am a cricket tragic and have the feeling the Aussies will really struggle this time around at home.
Some of the problems can be summed up as follows:
- recent performances by the Aussie team in all forms of cricket are dismal
- no good attacking spinner since Warne left the scene
- Ponting out of form and under pressure after losing the last series. His captaincy has been uninspired at times
- Clarke is an overated batsman
- no consistency in selections based on actual performance by the selectors
- the batting line up is not performing consistently and we will struggle to consistently post competitive first innings totals
- other than Johnson, there is no real potency to the aussie bowling attack - the team has struggled to finish off teams of late when they are down 7 & 8 wickets
So, I am predicting the Poms to upset the Australian team at home for the first time in a long time. I am hoping I am wrong (1st test starts this Thursday in my home town)