1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 13:501 edit
    any predictions, my goodness i have had to convince myself that the Aussies really are not fifth in world rankings but are just sandbagging and that England have not really looked quite comfortable in the warm ups, any more and i am taking it to spirituality to ask for divine help!
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 14:02
    aussie aussie aussie OI OI OI

actually to be fair cricket is about the only sport were i'd support the english team.

might actually get to see a bit of it here πŸ™‚
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 14:41
    Originally posted by trev33
    aussie aussie aussie OI OI OI

actually to be fair cricket is about the only sport were i'd support the english team.

might actually get to see a bit of it here πŸ™‚
    what? would you have a Saxon rooster also cry out upon an Irish rock? fly up and teach him manners! It shall be a cultural tragedy if the Angles win the Ashes, i cannot bear it. Do you see the kids playing cricket in the street where you are at?
  4. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 14:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what? would you have a Saxon rooster also cry out upon an Irish rock? fly up and teach him manners! It shall be a cultural tragedy if the Angles win the Ashes, i cannot bear it. Do you see the kids playing cricket in the street where you are at?
    You really shouldn't have so much emotional investment in a country you don't come from beating another country you don't come from in a sport you don't care about, you know. πŸ™‚
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 15:041 edit
    Originally posted by mtthw
    You really shouldn't have so much emotional investment in a country you don't come from beating another country you don't come from in a sport you don't care about, you know. πŸ™‚
    are you saying that there is no heritage between the Scots and our Aussie cousins, who says i don't care πŸ™‚
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 17:57
    are you saying that there is no heritage between the Scots and our Aussie cousins, who says i don't care πŸ™‚
    The only ashes you Scots see is when you drunkenly fall asleep and leave the chip pan on !! πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 22:041 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    The only ashes you Scots see is when you drunkenly fall asleep and leave the chip pan on !! πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
    Aussies are goona kick yo butt Phill me ol china cup, indeed i am changing my flag to honour them in their endeavour!
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 16:18
    Aussies are goona kick yo butt
    They may. They very well may. But consider this... The Scots cricket team lost to the Dutch. Twice. Seriously, that's like losing a waterpolo match to Mali. You just shouldn't be allowed to talk about the sport for at least five years afterwards.

Richard
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 19:571 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    They may. They very well may. But consider this... The Scots cricket team lost to the Dutch. Twice. Seriously, that's like losing a waterpolo match to Mali. You just shouldn't be allowed to talk about the sport for at least five years afterwards.

Richard
    Lol, yes but we are elephant polo champions of the world though and as far as i am aware there are no indigenous elephants in Scotland !
  10. Joined
    23 Jan '10
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 09:30
    any predictions, my goodness i have had to convince myself that the Aussies really are not fifth in world rankings but are just sandbagging and that England have not really looked quite comfortable in the warm ups, any more and i am taking it to spirituality to ask for divine help!
    Robbie,

Good to reply to one of your posts outside of the spirituality forum πŸ˜‰

Anyway, I am a cricket tragic and have the feeling the Aussies will really struggle this time around at home.

Some of the problems can be summed up as follows:

- recent performances by the Aussie team in all forms of cricket are dismal
    - no good attacking spinner since Warne left the scene
    - Ponting out of form and under pressure after losing the last series. His captaincy has been uninspired at times
    - Clarke is an overated batsman
    - no consistency in selections based on actual performance by the selectors
    - the batting line up is not performing consistently and we will struggle to consistently post competitive first innings totals
    - other than Johnson, there is no real potency to the aussie bowling attack - the team has struggled to finish off teams of late when they are down 7 & 8 wickets

So, I am predicting the Poms to upset the Australian team at home for the first time in a long time. I am hoping I am wrong (1st test starts this Thursday in my home town)
  11. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 12:16
    Lol, yes but we are elephant polo champions of the world though and as far as i am aware there are no indigenous elephants in Scotland !
    Just go out in Glasgow on a Friday night, you'll see PLENTY of indigenous heffers roaming the streets.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 13:03
    True, but surely there are now lots of Scotsmen living where elephants are indigenous. After all, weren't you guys usually the vanguard of the English Imperial Army?

Richard
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 13:36
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Just go out in Glasgow on a Friday night, you'll see PLENTY of indigenous heffers roaming the streets.
    Lol, how would you know?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 13:37
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    True, but surely there are now lots of Scotsmen living where elephants are indigenous. After all, weren't you guys usually the vanguard of the English Imperial Army?

Richard
    English imperial army? my goodness men have been put to the sword for less outrages!
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 19:23
    English imperial army? my goodness men have been put to the sword for less outrages!
    Why? Would you call it anything different, then?

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree